List Mgmt. White X and Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a big assumption that Whitecross will return to his form from last year coming off a knee reco. Not saying he cant but so far Poppy and Ossie have been outstanding so Whitecross needs to push them out of the side on form if he is to return.

As for Ellis, he is way back in the pecking order now. I have Simpkin, Duryea, Anderson, Hill, etc all ahead of him. Will be interesting to see if Ellis' magic carpet ride has come to an end when he returns to fitness.

It is a big assumption that Whitecross will return to his form from last year coming off a knee reco. Not saying he cant but so far Poppy and Ossie have been outstanding so Whitecross needs to push them out of the side on form if he is to return.

As for Ellis, he is way back in the pecking order now. I have Simpkin, Duryea, Anderson, Hill, etc all ahead of him. Will be interesting to see if Ellis' magic carpet ride has come to an end when he returns to fitness.
Ellis - 3 weeks (fell off magic carpet)

He'll probably come back a bit out of touch, but I'm encouraged by the performances that Bailey and Ozzie have put in post-ACL that we're really learning how to rehab this injury. God knows we've had plenty of practice.

WhiteX should be expected to take a few weeks in the 2's to get his touch and then see how his form progresses. I don't think he will take as long as Stratton because Stratts was a collision incident and it would have taken him longer to trust hi sbody on those situations again.

WhiteX was general play so once he is confident it can stand up to general moving, which he would be going through now, he should have faith in the knee.

I am personally hoping it takes till about round 18 or 19 before we start seeing him back towards his best. That will keep him very fresh for September and that way the opposition coaches have less time to plan for his impact to our side.

I think his ability to find the ball in tight and move around players will be a very big key to our success this year. He reminds me of a cross between Sewell and Breust in the way he move and uses the ball. Great weapon to have back in the arsenal when he is back.

?.. but so far Poppy and Ossie have been outstanding so Whitecross needs to push them out of the side on form if he is to return.

Whitecross doesn't need to push out Poppy and Ossie. When back in form he is ahead of Shiels, Simpkin, Duryea and Hill from today's squad. Great to have such depth and keep the pressure on!

Whitecross doesn't need to push out Poppy and Ossie. When back in form he is ahead of Shiels, Simpkin, Duryea and Hill from today's squad. Great to have such depth and keep the pressure on!

Don't think he's ahead of Hill given the different roles and Hill's running ability. He's almost key component now in that he keeps the likes of Jetta and co. honest defensively. We didn't have that before.

Don't think he's ahead of Hill given the different roles and Hill's running ability. He's almost key component now in that he keeps the likes of Jetta and co. honest defensively. We didn't have that before.

Yes different types but right now we get almost no physical contest from Hill. To me Hill's getting valuable game time/experience but not sure if he's in our best 22 come GF day 2013 (bar more injuries).

Of course, I'd be very happy if Hill does keep improving and prove me wrong, but on what I've seen Whitecross is a more complete package if he gets back to 2012 form. Hill has great speed and endurance but compared to Rioli in his first year and a bit, there's limited physical presents. Needs to bulk up a bit and gain confidence with game time.

I think his ability to find the ball in tight and move around players will be a very big key to our success this year. He reminds me of a cross between Sewell and Breust in the way he move and uses the ball. Great weapon to have back in the arsenal when he is back.

I agree with this comment. Whitecross has a game that will stand up in the finals, and I really like his ability play different roles. I like the thought of Rioli, Puopolo, Breust, Whitecross, Burgoyne, and Lewis rotatng through the middle and up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. White X and Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back