who apart from me thinks josh fraser is a weakling that cost us a spot in the grand final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but doesn't it weaken nerve response and muscle strength as well?

So, it probably would make you sluggish in both reaction time and movement speed, right?
Depends on what they're injecting into you.

An analogous expression would be an "intramuscular" injection, the preceding term merely indicates the site of the injection.

Mostly epidural injections contain a combination of anti-inflammatory (cortisone) mixed with a pain-killer. Depending on the level at which the injection is administered, the effects will vary, however it would be reasonable to suggest that sensation to the area would be reduced.

Obviously body parts that are numb are pretty difficult to use in a co-ordinated manner (see Mick McGuane at Vic Park ;)), so yeah, reaction time and movement speed would be affected almost certainly.

ever heard of mark riccutio? a half fit josh fraser is better than a fully fit girl richards.. if it were me.. and im not sure of the full extent of his injury... i would get an epidural and play... you'
re a clown...

His 4 disposals and him sitting out the 2nd half of the elimination final went along way to helping the crows go on and win that game.

Well, since I believe he's going to miss a large chunk of the pre season trying to get his back right, no I don't think he's a weakling.

Hell of a lot of difference between a broken thumb and a back injury. Worse case scenario if your thumb is stuffed means you may have trouble grasping things with that hand. Worse case scenario if your back is stuffed is a whole lot worse.

Exactly. I dont see too many people with finger injury's getting around slowly or in crutches (not that Josh did). Had Josh have played the PF & hurt his back more, the title of this thread may well have been the same minus the "a spot in".

I think calling someone a weakling from behind your computer screen is more of a weak act:cool:

here here didaka

I wonder if spartan and other baging josh would even have the courage to take the field against others. Not sure if you havd ever had a bulging disk problem spartan but from what I here they are not nice and if mananher poorly can stop you from living a normal life.

ever heard of mark riccutio? a half fit josh fraser is better than a fully fit girl richards.. if it were me.. and im not sure of the full extent of his injury... i would get an epidural and play... you'
re a clown...

Riccutio arguably cost Adelaide the match against Hawthorn because he spent 80% of the match on the bench.

Back injuries are bad. Besides the pain, it would have limited his moibilty, after a 15 minutes of play he may not have been able to bend over to pick up the ball, or raise his arms above his head. You just don't know with back injuries.

stupidest thread ever??? besides yknow, wots on the carlton boards.:D

Wouldn't know. Havn't been there since a got banned from their board.:D

It's a Carlton free forum for me, except for Parrot over in the poll thread.

if it were me.. and im not sure of the full extent of his injury.....

So you don't know exactly what was wrong with him ..yet you claim you would have played no matter ....You're not the brightest fork in the draw are you ? :rolleyes:

How about if he played with his injury and totally broke down 3 minutes into the game ..would you be here posting how him playing injured cost you the game ?

He trained very well on the Thursday and moved with complete freedom, so much so everyone down at the club had him as an automatic selection.. nobody but Josh knows if he could have played but I reckon even he would have questioned his decision after watching us get smashed in the ruck and almost pinch a GF berth against the Geelong juggernaut.. sometimes a flag can hang on a decision like that

I just get the feeling if it was Monkhorst or Manson they would have played with a broken leg

Riccutio arguably cost Adelaide the match against Hawthorn because he spent 80% of the match on the bench.

Back injuries are bad. Besides the pain, it would have limited his moibilty, after a 15 minutes of play he may not have been able to bend over to pick up the ball, or raise his arms above his head. You just don't know with back injuries.

I got banned too. For very, very little i might add.

i went and saw josh train really well on the tuesday at the G'. he looked fine.

i reckon that josh fraser wouldnt bleed for the black and white. hence his name being thrown around prior to trade week.

i believe big rocca had a really bad injury and still played, as this is what iv seen on this board. alot of supporters may get frustrated at rocca, but he loves pulling on the no 23 guernsey and loves playing for this great club. i dont care that he may battle at times, cos i know that he's having a red hot crack all the time, hes no wayne carey remember.

josh fraser is a good player, but he doesnt do these sort of things occasionally. this is what dissapoints me, i always watch josh closely and it looks like he doesnt want to be there, especially in port game this year when lade sh@t all over his face and then rubbed it in.

ant rocca may never be as good as millane, but the way i see it fraser doesnt have any comparison in terms of sacrifice to millane at all!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would get an epidural and play... you'
re a clown...

ROFLMAO. definately the dumbest comment i have ever read on bigfooty.

you cant MOVE your legs with an epidural, you cant feel or move them... or anything from around c5 down...

he would have needed to play the game in a wheelchair.

still LOL'ing.

Not to mention playing in the ruck would have to be the worst spot to be playing with an injured back.

No way should he have played if he had a bulging disc.

Training and playing are different things. If he took a big hit to his back he couldve really hurt himself badly.

Yeah and you don't go full tilt at training, it's not just the collisions once they actually play a game there is a lot more twisting and turning. One awkward tackle (by Fraser) that might seem normal may have put him out for the match. It's not just a matter of pain, it's a matter of what damage he could do to himself both in terms of rendering him incapable of doing simple things like picking up the ball or long term damage that causes him to get an operation where he misses not only the season but the next pre season.

i was watching some footage of darren millane recently... and it bothered me that josh counldnt jab himself up and play in the most important game of the year... he has to watch some footage of darren and see how real men deal with pain..

You are a uneducated fool.
Firstly my partner is a friend of josh's girlfriend and we spoke to her the night after we lost to geelong, and i can tell you josh wanted to play,declared himself fit to play but was ruled out by the coaching staff.
Also the injury he is suffering prolapsed disc,can not be jabbed,so in future find out what you are talking about before you speak.

You are a uneducated fool.
Firstly my partner is a friend of josh's girlfriend and we spoke to her the night after we lost to geelong, and i can tell you josh wanted to play,declared himself fit to play but was ruled out by the coaching staff.
Also the injury he is suffering prolapsed disc,can not be jabbed,so in future find out what you are talking about before you speak.
Is he going to stay with the Pies?!?

i was watching some footage of darren millane recently... and it bothered me that josh counldnt jab himself up and play in the most important game of the year... he has to watch some footage of darren and see how real men deal with pain..
You're a F***WIT. Obviously you have'nt had a back problem. I've had a bad back for a lot of years now and I will tell you now, out of all the injuries I've had, this is the worst. Your spine is like your harmonic balance, as soon as it goes, the rest of your body is out of whack. You favour one side of your body which puts uneven pressure on certain parts of your body, causing an imbalance. It's like smoking, the obvious drawback is lung cancer but in the shadows thousands of other diseases are waiting. With a bad back and your body out of whack, ankles through to shoulders and necks can go. The back should be treated with the greatest of care. If Collingwood miss a grand final chance but Josh Fraser is able to have a pain free life, then the right decision has been made. Although it causes short term pain for the supporters, Josh has to look long term. His family won't care in 10 years time if they won the flag or not if he can't provide for his family.

agree with the poster above. players have to live a long life after footy and back disorders particularly skeletal not muscular are both debilitating to the quality if life and painful. im not sure satisfying some peoples desire for what is essentially instant gratification is worth risking someones long term well being over

Maybe if our best forward had kicked a goal, yes, just one, we'd have made the grand final, but no he couldn't. I don't care how good his opponent was.

How Collingwood fans can stick up for Rocca is beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

who apart from me thinks josh fraser is a weakling that cost us a spot in the grand final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back