Who are the Clokes training with?

Remove this Banner Ad

because the zoning off cant be done in the modern game...yes it seems silly the game has changed that much in 3 years,but it honestly has! he could no longer zone off and get his cheap kicks becuase teams workd out how to get around it (quick ball movement) feel for both the cloke kids but its a shame footy has changed so bad that a good solid defender goes from that to delistment in 2 years...deserves a chance but i cant see him having an impact (maybe as a FB)

Suspect you are right but Rivers still tends to zone off.

Fox had a replay of the '03 Prelim final of Pies v Port.

Silvagni was going on about JC being the best defensive player in AFL at the time.

I truly believe MM ruined his career by trying to play him at FB/CHB/CHF (in a GF FFS) FF/ wing / HB/ HF. The guy is a HBF who can zone off in front of the opp's best fwd.

Hope he gets picked up - he deserves to.

agreed that he should not have been playing many of these possitions but I think that is part of the problem for him snoop. These days you have to be exceptional at 1 role(ie presti at FB) or be able to play multiple roles. I think its fair to say we have better options at HBF and so do most other sides . These days HBF's need to have dash and good skills. He simply is not creative enough to hurt sides playing as that loose man in defence.

Useful opinion from you Murray as per usual.

Speak to some of us who actually know a little of what has gone on in the background and you might pick something up other than what youu read in the papers.

Yes of course you know what's gone on, you have contacts high up in the club :rolleyes:

Why does every FW trott out this crap and expect others to believe it.

Why would the club tell some pimply face kid all its inner workings

Now go and stand in the corner, no one believes you

Yes of course you know what's gone on, you have contacts high up in the club :rolleyes:

Why does every FW trott out this crap and expect others to believe it.

Why would the club tell some pimply face kid all its inner workings

Now go and stand in the corner, no one believes you

Does your mother not cuddle you Murray!

Once again you cannot engage in a meaningful discussion about something - you have to resort to verbal crap to make you're point.

Let me give you 3 scenarios of when he was crucified!

The 'kid' was played in an ANZAC day game at CHF in '03 and got smashed and then dropped the next week. He then fights his way back and slots back to his rightful spot in the back half and all goes well for the remainder of the year. Rocca then goes and gets rubbed out for whacking the Port bloke in the Prelim. Who is then thrown to CHF for the afternoon.......JC! Pretty clever coaching wouldnt you say Murray! And then the coach comes out and all but blamed JC for the loss. Remember the comment MM made 'cannot do much good sitting on the pine" (probably not - sitting in juvenile detention I suspect).

IN fact that was probably a move out of the 'Murray U6's' coaching manual.

Maybe you would remember the game in '05 when he came back into the side and gave Hamill a touch up (as usual) - he then gets to go to Freo the next week and plays on Pavlich. What happens next is rule two in your coaching manual Murray - don't play your best back on their best fwd! Cloke goes to Pavlich and Clement does not. Result - Freo smash us.

Then in play number three of you're rule book Murray - '06 corresponding game comes around again and what does your rule book say to do as coach - don't admit you got it wrong - do it all over again. Who goes to Pavlich - Cloke - not Clement. Result - Freo win!

Of course all this was Jason Clokes fault wasnt it Murray.

Love it when some people just cannot put together a reasoned argument. Go and tell Mum someone is picking on you Murray - maybe she will cuddle you!

Come on Murray - tell me I'm a weirdo next!

Fool!

Does your mother not cuddle you Murray!

Once again you cannot engage in a meaningful discussion about something - you have to resort to verbal crap to make you're point.

The 'kid' was played in an ANZAC day game at CHF in '03 and got smashed and then dropped the next week. He then fights his way back and slots back to his rightful spot in the back half and all goes well for the remainder of the year. Rocca then goes and gets rubbed out for whacking the Port bloke in the Prelim. Who is then thrown to CHF for the afternoon.......JC! Pretty clever coaching wouldnt you say Murray! And then the coach comes out and all but blamed JC for the loss. Remember the comment MM made 'cannot do much good sitting on the pine" (probably not - sitting in juvenile detention I suspect).

Maybe you would remember the game in '05 when he came back into the side and gave Hamill a touch up (as usual) - he then gets to go to Freo the next week and plays on Pavlich. What happens next is rule two in your coaching manual Murray - don't play your best back on their best fwd! Cloke goes to Pavlich and Clement does not. Result - Freo smash us.

Then in play number three of you're rule book Murray - '06 corresponding game comes around again and what does your rule book say to do as coach - don't admit you got it wrong - do it all over again. Who goes to Pavlich - Cloke - not Clement. Result - Freo win!

Love it when some people just cannot put together a reasoned argument. Go and tell Mum someone is picking on you Murray - maybe she will cuddle you!

Come on Murray - tell me I'm a weirdo next!

Fool!

Well reasoned response, however I doubt whether or not you'll get the same back. Murray is making a rude habit of hiding behind cheap insults.

Play the argument Murray not the man.

Just because Murray's arguments stray from the point at hand, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a point.

Jason Cloke wasn't crucified.

The reason he got games where he was either played on forwards too good for him, or played at CHF is because he simply isn't good enough to get a game ahead of any of the backmen on our list.

If he was being crucified in his time on the list, he would have been getting a game ahead of someone like Nick Maxwell, who is an honest hard worker, but certainly no superstar. I'm not saying he needed to push veterans like Clement, Wakelin or Presti out of their spots, but he could have beaten Maxwell to one.

The other reason he was always played on forwards too good for him is that ALL forwards are too good for him.

Aaron Hamill is about the only forward in the league who, in comparison to Jason, isn't either taller or faster or both. Being 189cm, slow and unathletic, with a dodgy kick isn't exactly the recipe for an AFL footballer.

Jason can play a bit, yes, but he certainly can't play more than Clement or Maxwell, and O'Brien, Anthony and Toovey are more talented than he is, and all play virtually the same role, so I don't see any reason to keep him, considering that we have at least 5 guys who are likely to be able to play his role better than he can.

Just because Murray's arguments stray from the point at hand, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a point.

Jason Cloke wasn't crucified.

The reason he got games where he was either played on forwards too good for him, or played at CHF is because he simply isn't good enough to get a game ahead of any of the backmen on our list.

If he was being crucified in his time on the list, he would have been getting a game ahead of someone like Nick Maxwell, who is an honest hard worker, but certainly no superstar. I'm not saying he needed to push veterans like Clement, Wakelin or Presti out of their spots, but he could have beaten Maxwell to one.

The other reason he was always played on forwards too good for him is that ALL forwards are too good for him.

Aaron Hamill is about the only forward in the league who, in comparison to Jason, isn't either taller or faster or both. Being 189cm, slow and unathletic, with a dodgy kick isn't exactly the recipe for an AFL footballer.

Jason can play a bit, yes, but he certainly can't play more than Clement or Maxwell, and O'Brien, Anthony and Toovey are more talented than he is, and all play virtually the same role, so I don't see any reason to keep him, considering that we have at least 5 guys who are likely to be able to play his role better than he can.

Not sure what you mean re Murray's straying from the point but still has a good one!

Notwithstanding, not saying for a moment we should have kept him. It was time for him and us to move on.

However, still not convinced Maxwell is any better than what JC is, nor am I that OBrien is either. Lets also remember Toovey was a rookie up until recently so you would be reading a lot into a few Willi games.

Maxwell's final was poor. At the same stage of JC's career he all but put us into a GF and a lot of good judges would tell you that if we had him in the 02 GF then he may well have been the difference in terms of getting across Lynch.

All I am saying is JC was a damn fine player for his first few years and I think the coach trying to make him a utility ultimately did not work. Exactly as it wont trying to make Maxwell a HF as Mick has already tried and failed at. Lets just leave Nick where he will be best - in the back half....as we should have Jason.

do people also remember jason playing on jon brown on a couple of occasions in 2002 2003, and beating him, he can play

do people also remember jason playing on jon brown on a couple of occasions in 2002 2003, and beating him, he can play
Of course he could.

I thought he was slowly getting a bit better, but not enough I guess for the club to want to retain him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weirdo.
You still think the club tells you its inner most workings
You poor deluded fool.

Take your hand off it and come into the real world, where you know as much of what is going on at Collingwood as my dog does.

Thought you had the sense to let this go Murray....but you just continue to make an idiot of yourself.

I never said I got it from the CFC. All I said was if you knew a little more about what has gone on in the background.

PS Your poor dog!

Thought you had the sense to let this go Murray....but you just continue to make an idiot of yourself.

I never said I got it from the CFC. All I said was if you knew a little more about what has gone on in the background.

PS Your poor dog!

Yes you did, re-read the thread
As for sense, you really believe the crap you spew forth, actually I think it is a cry for help eh?
BTW, What time you having dinner with Eddie and Mick tonight?

Now go away, I'm finished with you.

Yes you did, re-read the thread
As for sense, you really believe the crap you spew forth, actually I think it is a cry for help eh?
BTW, What time you having dinner with Eddie and Mick tonight?

Now go away, I'm finished with you.

You dont give up - your dog is smarter than you Murray.....this is what I wrote fool!

'Speak to some of us who actually know a little of what has gone on in the background and you might pick something up other than what youu read in the papers'

Now where does it mention or imply I know the inner workings of the CFC? Did you ever think I may know the Cloke family or indeed some of the the players, maybe even some of the blokes at Willi?

Tip - Dont do the IQ test on Ch9 this year - you will only upset yourself...

Lockyer - great to hear you jump off blokes as soon as they go!

They are the most over-exposed and talked about average footballers the world has ever seen

This probably played a part of their downfall

I care about the clubs current players only, good luck to them, but Im just sick of the obsession with them just cos they are brothers or something

if they dont get picked up by an AFL team, they are welcome to come to the SANFL and play for Sturt.

after all it is considered the 2nd best league in the country

Havent heard of any teams that Jason or Cam are training with, could this be the end of the road for them?

who cares really don't really know how jason or Cameron got picked up in the first place none of them showed any excitment 2 the game...Travis cloke is the only one who has played well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the Clokes training with?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back