Who Do Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

mark73 said:
Your memory is going Boner, that was due to finishing bottom 4 annually.

Be careful.

The Kangaroos have finished bottom four as often as Hawthorn has in the past five seasons.

They're a very strong chance of moving ahead of Hawthorn on this score in 2007.

CyberKev said:
Be careful.

The Kangaroos have finished bottom four as often as Hawthorn has in the past five seasons.

They're a very strong chance of moving ahead of Hawthorn on this score in 2007.

Really?

Roos last 5 years:
2002 - 7th
2003 - 10th
2004 - 10th
2005 - 7th
2006 - 14th

1 bottom 4 by my count

Meanwhile the Hawks have not only NOT played finals, but have had two bottom 3 finishes.

How about last ten years:

North:

Top 8: 6 (including a flag)
Bottom 4: 2

Hawthorn:

Top 8: 2
Bottom 4: 4

I think it is you who needs to be careful.

sput1956 said:
Meh, a fit and firing Hay would get a game in our team. Birchall wouldn't.:thumbsdown:

Bwahahahahahaha.

Fit and firing?????

hahahahahahhahahahahahaaa

Birchall wouldn't get a game? Rising Star nominee Grant Birchall?

You poor deluded soul. If we offered you Birchall for Hay right now, straight swap, no strings attached - you'd take him. And you'll be a liar if you say otherwise.

SA HAWK said:
No but he was responsible for shafting you out of 2 first rounders for hay.

Its funny how the truth gets strecthed in the Hay deal. You got two LATE first rounders in an ordinary draft. It wasn't pick 14 & 18 for Hay there were other players involved you clowns!

I even heard we got screwed on the Thompson deal on a post this morning. LOL! Been our best forward for the last 2 years and in a good side would be up there in the Coleman Medal.

One sour deal, get over it! I'd be more pissed if I was watching Judd run rampant if we had pick #1. Hodge is good, but isn't worthy of licking Judd's boots!

I really don't understand what all this crap about Pelchen is about, he's trying to get the best deal he can for Everitt, whilst trying to do the best deal for the Hawks in getting Thornton, we've had 1 day of trading, if he jumped at the first deal presented he wouldn't be very good at his job.
If we accepted Sydneys 3rd round pick only to find out the Saints were prepared to offer a 2nd round pick it would be a bit disappointing.
If a deal doesn't go through, what do we miss out on? pick 49 ATM, no big loss.
We have picks:
40? FS - Kennedy

Pick 49 is not that important and would be no great loss if it didn't happen, barring in mind you have to delist someone to use it.

worthy said:
I really don't understand what all this crap about Pelchen is about, he's trying to get the best deal he can for Everitt, whilst trying to do the best deal for the Hawks in getting Thornton, we've had 1 day of trading, if he jumped at the first deal presented he wouldn't be very good at his job.
If we accepted Sydneys 3rd round pick only to find out the Saints were prepared to offer a 2nd round pick it would be a bit disappointing.
If a deal doesn't go through, what do we miss out on? pick 49 ATM, no big loss.
We have picks:
40? FS - Kennedy

Pick 49 is not that important and would be no great loss if it didn't happen, barring in mind you have to delist someone to use it.

Agreed, that just about sums things up. :thumbsu:

We wont be using more than 4 picks imo.

Thus letting Spider walk to the pre-season means we use

40? FS - Kennedy

Instead of what the swans are offering

40? FS - Kennedy

And u wonder why Pelchen is thinking about letting him walk.:rolleyes:

LukeHodge15 said:
Agreed, that just about sums things up. :thumbsu:

We wont be using more than 4 picks imo.

Thus letting Spider walk to the pre-season means we use

40? FS - Kennedy

Instead of what the swans are offering

40? FS - Kennedy

And u wonder why Pelchen is thinking about letting him walk.:rolleyes:

Ooops my bad, that should be pick 6 not 3:eek: .
The Everitt trades main value will be helping us get Thornton IMO.

dipper86 said:
yeh so far so good hey, Picione Rawlings and Hay, not a bad strike rate. :)

Hay has been the only bad deal clownshoes.

Rawlings - we actually improved our pick and got a player who by all reports was great for our youngsters.

Picione - not 100% sure but wasn't he acquired through the PSD?

Do you enjoy watching Judd? I know I do:D

Roosurgence said:
dipper86 said:
yeh so far so good hey, Picione Rawlings and Hay, not a bad strike rate. :)

Hay has been the only bad deal clownshoes.

Rawlings - we actually improved our pick and got a player who by all reports was great for our youngsters.

Picione - not 100% sure but wasn't he acquired through the PSD?

Do you enjoy watching Judd? I know I do:D

I do too! Especially when Hodgey is streaming out of the backline having received the ball from Craod who got it from Pick 14 in this years draft, Birchall (how did we get pick 14 again?)

:p:p:p:p

Molly

So at this rate it will take them 750 years to amass 10 premierships

But anyway...

North melbourne gave us pick 14 and 18 which equates to birchall and bailey. Bailey has done nothing of note so far but from all accounts is our future #1 ruckman. Nothing has been proven yet, i would say he has been pretty average in games played to date but who knows.

Birchall has been fantastic and won our best first year player award if memory serves. He finished 6th in the rising star and looks to be a very promising prospect. Saying anything else either shows your ignorance or jealous bias.

Jon Hay has done nothing since the trade. He got a couple of reprimands, was dropped to the VFL, and then dropped from the VFL team. Please tell me how north melbourne were the winners in this trade?

And all this smug talk from swans fans. I would rather get nothing for spida and see him screwed over in the PSD than get some crappy third round pick nobody cares about.

ShanBoi said:
North melbourne gave us pick 14 and 18 which equates to birchall and bailey. Bailey has done nothing of note so far but from all accounts is our future #1 ruckman. Nothing has been proven yet, i would say he has been pretty average in games played to date but who knows.
No, you got pick 18 from North Melbourne.
Birchall has been fantastic and won our best first year player award if memory serves. He finished 6th in the rising star and looks to be a very promising prospect. Saying anything else either shows your ignorance or jealous bias.
Thats good, I'm happy for him.Hope he has a great career.
Jon Hay has done nothing since the trade. He got a couple of reprimands, was dropped to the VFL, and then dropped from the VFL team. Please tell me how north melbourne were the winners in this trade?
Jonathon Hay has bipolar depression, aka manic depression.Its an illness that has caused other sufferes to jump off tall buildings.I would say 8 senior AFL games was a better than average return for someone in his condition.
And all this smug talk from swans fans. I would rather get nothing for spida and see him screwed over in the PSD than get some crappy third round pick nobody cares about.
Well if things go the way they are going, you may well yet get your wish. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way he will get screwed over in the PSD he would either get to Sydney or to another club willing to pay his price and everyone keeps saying its such a strong draft, the third round might still offer some potential.

You never know, there have been some superstars taken that low.

The draft is only a recruiters opinion of who rates where isn't it?

The Hawks probably want the second rounder because they have to an agreement with Carlton in principle over Thornton - 24, 33 and possibly a fringe player packaged together.

This would open up more room for us to stick a couple of our Rookies - Gilham, McEntee etc. on the senior list.

33 will be settled on at around 1.15 Friday Afternoon.

Hawkk said:
Brisbane is my concern - with Aker off the books, they will have plenty of cap room.
I was just reeading a thread stating if they delist Voss they have to pay 900K, 450K included in the cap next year, so if true, there may not be the room in the cap we all thought.

Hawkk said:
The Hawks probably want the second rounder because they have to an agreement with Carlton in principle over Thornton - 24, 33 and possibly a fringe player packaged together.

It's refreshing to see you finally come to your senses. Pray that Sydney give you pick 33.

sput1956 said:
It's refreshing to see you finally come to your senses. Pray that Sydney give you pick 33.

Pick 33 may be all we can get, what I don't get is why people are carrying on about the Hawks trying to do better, get the best deal you can, that's what it's all about.

worthy said:
Pick 33 may be all we can get, what I don't get is why people are carrying on about the Hawks trying to do better, get the best deal you can, that's what it's all about.

We are arguing with the arrogant mentality, along with the complete lack of logic, displayed by hawthorn fans with their "take pick 24 or we will just get him for nothing in the PSD" mentality.

Pick 24 won't do that deal and Carlton have every right to pack up and walk away from the table.

sput1956 said:
We are arguing with the arrogant mentality, along with the complete lack of logic, displayed by hawthorn fans with their "take pick 24 or we will just get him for nothing in the PSD" mentality.

Pick 24 won't do that deal and Carlton have every right to pack up and walk away from the table.
It's just not worth arguing with that sort of mentality, if we are to get Thornton we will have to pay, what that is makes me nervous. I did hear on the radio that Carlton won't even come to the table, the end result will be interesting.

worthy said:
It's just not worth arguing with that sort of mentality, if we are to get Thornton we will have to pay, what that is makes me nervous. I did hear on the radio that Carlton won't even come to the table, the end result will be interesting.

It's a political standoff tactic that has more to do with power positioning. Carlton are going to wait and see, and try to force Hawthorns hand. I am sure they won't budge on a weak trade. After what Thornton has done he is well and truly tradeable.

worthy said:
Part of the problem Hawthorn are also facing here is that in the space of 12 months, they have gone from dealing with Dean Laidley, to dealing with the "old North Melbourne".Quite a different kettle of fish. ;)

Hawks will offer to on-trade whatever pick it gets from Sydney to Carlton packaged up with pick 24 (and maybe a fringe player) for Thornton, so what Hawks accept from Sydney will depend upon what Carlton will accept for Thornton.

If Carlton are OK with fringe player + 24 + 49 (or whatever third round Swans have) then Hawks will accept 49 from Sydney for Everitt. If Carlton wont deal for pick 49 and insist on 33 then Hawks won't deal with Sydney for anything except 33.

Bottom line is for Hawks pick 49 has no value in itself unless it can be used as part of the Thornton trade. If swans wont move on 49 and blues wont deal then both Everitt and Thornton will go into PSD. This may be worth the risk for hawthorn because if Thornton gets through (which is more than likely if he back ends his contract) then Hawks keep pick 24 and are in a better position than if they dealt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Do Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back