Ramma

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2003
Boogie Wonderland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I said Hawthorn.....
Now that Jade has decided that blood is thicker than money:)
and chosen to play with the Kangaroos who do we want in return??

John Baird (given we need a KPP) to 'come home', along with a draft pick??

Any other suggestions??

Baird plus pick #4. Kangas don't have pick #4 but stuff 'em, they can get it otherwise the Bullies can have Rawlings.

Baird, yes he was great at Box Hill and will be a star. Hopefully we get a decent pick out of it aswell.

Bloody Jade...it had just dawned on me that he has a girly name, well there you go.

Originally posted by jj flash
Baird plus pick #4. Kangas don't have pick #4 but stuff 'em, they can get it otherwise the Bullies can have Rawlings.
awwww....need a tissue mate?! not our fault he chose to play with us instead of agree to an unfair 2 year deal. if you stop crying and open your eyes, you will see that the deal suggested below is quite fair.

Originally posted by Hodgie_15
Hopefully Baird and pick 9, but I doubt the kangas will agree to that. We might have to throw in a third rd. pick or a fringe player such as Tim Clarke.
make it brett johnson instead of tim clarke and you gots yourselves a deal.

Actually, agree to that. We dont (just as he doesnt to us) owe Jade any favours in this.

We have had better (from reports) offers elsewhere than what the Roo's would be able to deal up on what pick they have atm.

Ball's in their court but we can play it back how we want it. I'd personally draw the line right here (if it was up to me.. which.. it ain't) and either make sure that we got what we could have from others or let him (Jade) enter the pre-season draft and let the Dogs or Blues take him for nothing.

Yea, we get hurt but still prefer that than being forced into a situation where somebody else dictates to us what they're prepared to deal for 'our' player. We've been down that road to many times recently, time to make a stand and say it ends now.

Originally posted by year of the roo
awwww....need a tissue mate?! not our fault he chose to play with us instead of agree to an unfair 2 year deal. if you stop crying and open your eyes, you will see that the deal suggested below is quite fair.

I'm hardly upset, just proposing what we should be getting for him.

We'll have Baird plus a top 5 pick minimum, pick 9 isn't good enough.

Rawlings was our second highest Brownlow vote getter, was in the top 5 mark takers in the league and has great leadership ability.

When he's not taking gutsy contested marks in the forward line he's saving the game down back.

He's the only proven KPP of quality available so we want quality for him, ie no crap that North are trying to get rid of and something better than sh1tty pick 9.

Are we sure we want Baird? Just heard from a North supporter who says he hurt his knee preparing for a Prelim final with Port Melbourne.

Who else have they got? Maybe Dylan Smith...

He's the only proven KPP of quality available so we want quality for him, ie no crap that North are trying to get rid of and something better than sh1tty pick 9.

Sh1tty Pick 9?

Mate, Melbourne traded Woewoedin for pick 16 and he's a brownlow medallist!

We traded Byron Pickett for pick 15!

Pick 9 AND a player is a very good deal. You should be happy if you even get that!

Plus he's out of contract. Think about Collingwood last year. They had to take pick 23 for Nick Davis or risk him walking. They probably should have gotten higher than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Grendel
Ball's in their court but we can play it back how we want it. I'd personally draw the line right here (if it was up to me.. which.. it ain't) and either make sure that we got what we could have from others or let him (Jade) enter the pre-season draft and let the Dogs or Blues take him for nothing.

Yea, we get hurt but still prefer that than being forced into a situation where somebody else dictates to us what they're prepared to deal for 'our' player. We've been down that road to many times recently, time to make a stand and say it ends now.

And you know that isn't going to happen.

Leigh Matthews made the same threats to Des Headland about dumping him into the pre-season draft, but in the end, he knew that getting something was better than nothing (although in the end, Brisbane did well out of the draft).

The best thing for Hawthorn to do is to just deal with North Melbourne without the crap of auctioning Rawlings off to other clubs. By auctioning off Rawlings, all you do is give North Melbourne time to stall, and in the last minute, you get screwed in the deal as what happened with Collingwood and Nick Davis. Compare that to the Roos dealings with Adelaide over Wayne Carey. We knew other clubs would be keen to get Wayne, but we just dealt with Adelaide and got the deal done quickly and without playing games.

Originally posted by Shinboners

Leigh Matthews made the same threats to Des Headland about dumping him into the pre-season draft, but in the end, he knew that getting something was better than nothing (although in the end, Brisbane did well out of the draft).

The best thing for Hawthorn to do is to just deal with North Melbourne without the crap of auctioning Rawlings off to other clubs. By auctioning off Rawlings, all you do is give North Melbourne time to stall, and in the last minute, you get screwed in the deal as what happened with Collingwood and Nick Davis. Compare that to the Roos dealings with Adelaide over Wayne Carey. We knew other clubs would be keen to get Wayne, but we just dealt with Adelaide and got the deal done quickly and without playing games.

With all due respect shinners , i reckon you only dealt with Adelaide coz they were the only ones stupid enough to give so much up for a past champion in decline!

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS
With all due respect shinners , i reckon you only dealt with Adelaide coz they were the only ones stupid enough to give so much up for a past champion in decline!

Shhhh.....don't tell them that. They still think they got a good deal.

But if you want other examples, the Headland to Freo deal and the Bell to Freo deal were good for Brisbane and the Roos simply because they faced up to reality and made the best of the situation.

IMHO, if the Hawks threaten to play hardball with Rawlings and the Roos with threats of sending him into the pre-season draft, you run the risk of screwing up like Collingwood did with Nick Davis.

Originally posted by ViperV10

Bloody Jade...it had just dawned on me that he has a girly name, well there you go.

Aahhh and he'll now play alongside BRADY.........

Reckon Mr. and Mrs. Rawlings were hoping for girls????

Originally posted by Shinboners

Maybe so mate, still what I'd do though and I will tell you why if you read on.

Yea and you mentioned the Davis *below paragraph* (actually I always thought that was about his worth *teen draft pick*) as well.

However the difference being that more or less have been 'one-off's'.

We will have now lost McPharlin, Rawlings, Chick, Jarman, Allan and even go back to Robran. Hawthorn has a terrible history in losing players and not really being in any position to deal on our terms. We simply have to draw the line and make it tougher for players to 'walk'. If it means (and make no mistake, one day a club will take the option) of letting him go and making a stand. Then I think our time for doing so is very very close.

I think your mis-reading me. Not so much 'auctioning him off' as getting what the market dictates his worth. I.e we could do better than what is now being suggested (mainly Roo's fans funnily enough ;) ) of the like's of 2nd rounder's and fringe North players.

There is simply no way known that we should (if it comes to it) settle for that. Fringe is fringe, be it at your club or mine.

No, the HFC needs to be strong on this issue, very strong. Even if it means short term we burn our strength, long term I reckon we'd be a lot better off for it.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Grendel

I think your mis-reading me. Not so much 'auctioning him off' as getting what the market dictates his worth. I.e we could do better than what is now being suggested (mainly Roo's fans funnily enough ;) ) of the like's of 2nd rounder's and fringe North players.

There is simply no way known that we should (if it comes to it) settle for that. Fringe is fringe, be it at your club or mine.

No, the HFC needs to be strong on this issue, very strong. Even if it means short term we burn our strength, long term I reckon we'd be a lot better off for it.

Cheers.

would you accept john baird and the number 9 pick? i'd be reasonably happy with that as a north supporter, what do you think?

So you want a top 5 pick, plus Baird for Rawlings................... you are joking. You Hawks supporters all year have been saying how this is his best year ever, and you hope his knees hold out as the are dodgy. Well you will not get a top 10 pick for him, let alone a top 5, simple really. Maybe 24+ a couple of players.

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
would you accept john baird and the number 9 pick? i'd be reasonably happy with that as a north supporter, what do you think?

PD, I reckon something similar to that is what will probably end up happening.

However it's comments like the one jasonz made that the Hawks simply cannot allow to take place. IF it did (don't think it will btw) then the problems of the Hawks compound themselves again and again and again.

No offence meant but a North supporter really wouldnt understand where I am coming from on (five plus seasons now) on this sort of issue about HAWTHORN players and how we have been burnt on losing to many decent players in their prime.

As said, we owe Jade nothing in this. If we can work out a deal (and again as said, in all likelihood will do) of equitable value then yea, he end's up at North.

If not however the Hawks are offered 2nd round selection and a fringe player, then it must be time (and again, it will happen one day) to simply cut the loss and do no favour to either the club trying to select or the player leaving or the club left without any compensation.

High minded and stupid? Perhaps, also sends out a clear message (and lord knows we need to) that the time of the Hawks being bunnies in trade deals is over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back