Opinion Who do you WANT to coach in 2014

Who do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously most people will want Roos, I don't think it's impossible, but we will have to move quickly to get him.
If not Roos what's everyone's thoughts on Brett Kirk?

Kirk as coach;
"Ok fellas lets gather around and hug...because hugging gets the love flowing through the group and you need that for when the spaceships come and get us to take us to the love planet"

Roos. Premiership coach who was still going well when he stepped down, plus his assistants have gone on to be good AFL coaches (well, two of them) so he's either a great coach to learn from or he's got an eye for talent.

My only concern with Roos is that if he plays the same gameplan he did with Sydney then he might slot Priddis into a Brett Kirk type role. He'll play okay but I don't think playing that game plan will get us across the line (a flag).

I hope whoever coaches realises within half a season that Priddis can't get us where we need to go. We can carry one hard nut with poor disposal. That means McGinnity and Waters out, Selwood gets that gig. I like Cripps also for a negating hard nut role.

Interesting, I watched something on the AFL website where I think Darcy and Barrett dissected our season. One thing Barrett mentioned was our tendency to play for kicks was hurting us. Hams and ASel have gone. McGinnity should be best 22, Shuey has mostly stopped, but Scooter and Cox need to be read the riot act. Especially Cox.

I don't think Roos would cop that stuff.

You forgot Darling he's caught the Coxamotosis disease as well

Sumich. Coached our midfield during our premiership era. Then became our forward line coach in 2011 and made it function better than it ever has before. Has done his time, its now time for the big time. Definitely not as one dimensional as Woosha and would have the respect of the playing group.

Get Simon Black and Voss as assistants along with Teague.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Blakey would be a good choice http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/football/coaches/john-blakey

He's been involved with Brisbane under Leigh Matthews, and with Roos and Longmire at Sydney. That's a hell of a lot of good tutelage.

very good left field option.

highly rated at the swans.

has a kid (about 13 or 14) who is an absolute jet and as much as i like pumping up NSW/ACT football (i'm from sydney and play footy here and played junior footy in sydney), the youngster might get better development being in WA/SA/Vic as opposed to NSW/Qld etc,. Probably not in terms of coaching given what the AFL is pumping into Sydney football and the fact that John Blakey's kid is never gonna struggle for coaching, but just in terms of getting better opposition week in week out. I'm not sure of hid kids name but apparently he just dominates every week against inferior opposition and one would think that might ultimately stunt his development.

This was one of the worst dissections I've ever seen. They obviously don't watch many eagles games the way they talked. EMac didn't get one mention. He was our main shining light.

They also said we were bad after the break. The best football we played was right after the break. Then we fell away. They looked at losing margins after the break as being terrible, but it was blown out by our last 3 weeks. If you looked at our losing margins from the break to round 19 it was better than before the break.

They had no idea. Terrible reporting.

couldn't believe my eyes/ears watching this. they said that cox had a good year and was outstanding of the bunch? really?

I'll go with Sumich.

Experienced senior assistance coach and line coach at two clubs. Knows a lot of our players from both an internal and external perspective. Currently at a successful club. Offensively minded and a good judge of talent.

I don't want anybody associated or formerly associated with the club. Whichever young coach i.e. Tudor, Simpson etc with a quality CV who presents well would be my preference. Wouldn't mind Crazy Voss as an assistant either if he was willing to join the team.

I'll go with Sumich.

Experienced senior assistance coach and line coach at two clubs. Knows a lot of our players from both an internal and external perspective. Currently at a successful club. Offensively minded and a good judge of talent.
Yes, I've come to the same conclusion. He sounds like a downer, but it doesn't seem to have hindered him as an assistant.

I don't want anybody associated or formerly associated with the club. Whichever young coach i.e. Tudor, Simpson etc with a quality CV who presents well would be my preference. Wouldn't mind Crazy Voss as an assistant either if he was willing to join the team.

Why is that a disadvantage? It should have no bearing at all.

Why is that a disadvantage? It should have no bearing at all.

Because that would be Burns or Sumich who I don't rate and I want some fresh new ideas at the club, think the player group would benefit from a new and different vibe and so would the game plan, don't want a rehashed version of our game plan and don't want the players to feel comfortable with their position in the team or the club, everyone needs a rocket, and a new coach usually brings enthusiasm and the need to prove ones self.

Because that would be Burns or Sumich who I don't rate and I want some fresh new ideas at the club, think the player group would benefit from a new and different vibe and so would the game plan, don't want a rehashed version of our game plan and don't want the players to feel comfortable with their position in the team or the club, everyone needs a rocket, and a new coach usually brings enthusiasm and the need to prove ones self.

We should just get the best person for the job. Vibes and player comfort don't really come into it.

Voss has said he would be an assistant at any team if they want him.

I would like to give Burns a shot but i think we need to look away from the club.

I would get Adam Simpson on board as head coach

Voss as an assistant along with Teague and Burns if he still wants to sick around ( got a feeling he might look at the Lions job) I am not 100% convinced on Longmuir as forward coach as i thought the forward line functioned a lot better with Suma in charge. Does anyone know a good forward line coach?

We definitely need a new skills coach. I would also entice Mark stone back to the club ( currently at Fremantle). He was our old stoppage coach back in 04-07?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who do you WANT to coach in 2014

Back