List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

.... with Pick 12 in the 2018 AFL Draft, the GFC select (can pick one Available, Dreamer and Smokie

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing as a half forward is hard to get named in the best. But 4 games, 9 goals is a pretty good return for a kid with no pre-season who's major focus had been cricket up until then. Something to build on.

I just think that with the others named we can pick up those types almost every draft. There's a sameness to them. I like them all - Hately probably the one I'd take in front of the other 3 if we go that way. Put it this way, I won't be in tears if we take any of the them. I just prefer particularly Clark and then Sturt in front of those mids.

Hately for mine. Has proven form against men in arguably the country's strongest state league. Big body that has a good balance between inside and outside, albeit leaning more as an inside mid. He's a bloke that you can bank on playing 150-200 games.

Hately for mine. Has proven form against men in arguably the country's strongest state league. Big body that has a good balance between inside and outside, albeit leaning more as an inside mid. He's a bloke that you can bank on playing 150-200 games.

Yes, I can see his appeal. As I can with all there guys we've spoken about. Reckon he'll be taken by Port at 10 though.

I agree but im thinking he'll go to Port at 10?

Probably, but they've already got Wines, Powell-Pepper, Atley, etc. as inside bulls. I still think they'll try to package 6 and 10 to move inside the top 5 through live trading on draft night.
And the speil their lm team selling over here atm is they've enough inside bulls as it is. The need for speed and ball carriers w elite disposal is what they're being criticized for lack of. Will they condense that first 3 picks into the one need area...who knows, hopefully if hately is there at 12 take him SW.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both of them refused to be interviewed by the Suns according to some of their school mates. Have flat out told them they will go home after 2 years.

I haven’t heard that one, was saying to a mate the other day I genuinely don’t think GC will excist in 10 years time.
They’re in a world of trouble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t heard that one, was saying to a mate the other day I genuinely don’t think GC will excist in 10 years time.

Walsh and Caldwell are apparently the only 2 kids that have told the suns they wont look to return home, thats why I expect the suns to trade picks 2 and 3 to Carlton for pick 1 and a future 1st.

Hately or Collier Dawkins if we go for a mid whoever is available.
Think we need to address our lack of first use if we are going to improve.
We need a bookend for Charlie Constable,
a power mid who can play both inside and outside either would be a boost.

He is certainly as close to a can't miss as you'll find at 12. Barring injuries like you I see him as pretty much a guaranteed 200 gamer. Doesn't have much outside impact though. I guess if Tom mitchell can develop it anyone can though.

I've looked into this and unfortunately it doesn't really work out. Our 50, 59 and 60 are equivalent on points to about pick 34/35. The Dogs (Rhylee West) and Lions (Connor McFadyen) would be our only options, but they have picks 32 and 35 respectively so they'd stand to gain nothing from the swap, i.e. they wouldn't gain points in the swap.
I reckon Ryhlee West is a quality player. Make the Dogs use their Picks 27 and 32 if we bid on him at 12. They will match, if they don't then we have a fine player. He has serious hurt factor.

I reckon Ryhlee West is a quality player. Make the Dogs use their Picks 27 and 32 if we bid on him at 12. They will match, if they don't then we have a fine player. He has serious hurt factor.
He's a good player but pick 12 quality in this draft? Huge call.
See him more in the 20-40 range personally.

I agree but im thinking he'll go to Port at 10?

Puff piece in the paper about Hatley ... trying to remind him he is better than just 4th best sa kid?.. being playing outside as well etc. ... I guess it depends on what picks crows and Port end up with ... but im sure both would love 2 each

The afl will up the game for clubs if thats an issue... all these players that think they can just walk ... may find themselves at another club that they did not choose if the afl change the system. 3 years for R1 picks... and players that go back into draft... maybe a system where the pick used goes to the club they are currently at ..suddenly the fear of getting zero for a player is gone... and players best be careful about just threatening to walk.

Maybe players once they give the afl 6 years of service they deserve some sort of RFA ... but pre drafted players threatening the draft really threatens the whole system.

For them specifically.. the Suns need something to turn them around... it looks a bad year coming in 2019 for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

Back