• St Kilda

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 126 19.1%
  • One of the rest

Votes: 17 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t be Adelaide, who I’ve seen some people nominate…they have some quality kids in Rachele, pedlar, thilthorpe and soligo..Fogarty will kick 40+..rankine will be a great pick up and with tex you know you’ll get 40+ goals as well. Laird, berry, shoenberg are all hard at quality inside mids. Dawson is an elite half back that can also play wing. Can see them winning 8+ games easily.

And after brutal draws the last two seasons we’re drawn to play both twice next year, which is a nice change.
I see how you feel.

Scary that Saints 2020 season is Scarily similar to Freos 2022 season.

Both sides had a long period of no finals. Both squads had a long period of not winning a final (Not as bad as essendons current winless run), But also broke through a finals win by beating the dogs in an elim final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks will be fine. Seem as competitive as last year with good kids.

West Coast will be my guess for the spoon, though my guesses are usually rubbish.

Don’t see north winning 3 spoons in a row, but doubt we’ll be leaving the bottom 4.

Last edited:
I had Essendon last at the start of this year and i'm still happy with the call. When you see a club bemoan training standards coming into a preseason, you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to tank the year to catch up.

Hawks, West Coast and North to round out the bottom 4.

Won’t be Adelaide, who I’ve seen some people nominate…they have some quality kids in Rachele, pedlar, thilthorpe and soligo..Fogarty will kick 40+..rankine will be a great pick up and with tex you know you’ll get 40+ goals as well. Laird, berry, shoenberg are all hard at quality inside mids. Dawson is an elite half back that can also play wing. Can see them winning 8+ games easily.
Agreed. Their forward line in particular is very promising.

I had them in my top 8. I think they'll be the big movers this year

I had them in my top 8. I think they'll be the big movers this year

Not a bad a call but I think their backline against the better teams will struggle. I think 10 wins and 10-12th finish is not out of the question. They also have a tough start to the season. Other than us in round 6, they will start underdogs in their first 8 games. If they can win 3 it would be a big effort.

Their forward line is going to cause teams a lot of trouble. Fogarty looks set to explode and become a A grader. Tex is always good. Rankine and Rachele are going to be a seriously good 1-2 small forward combo.

Not a bad a call but I think their backline against the better teams will struggle. I think 10 wins and 10-12th finish is not out of the question. They also have a tough start to the season. Other than us in round 6, they will start underdogs in their first 8 games. If they can win 3 it would be a big effort.

Their forward line is going to cause teams a lot of trouble. Fogarty looks set to explode and become a A grader. Tex is always good. Rankine and Rachele are going to be a seriously good 1-2 small forward combo.
I reckon you want to be playing the predicted better teams early. Those early rounds always throw up some curly results. I reckon the Crows will be 4-4 after 8 games. That will set them up nicely for the rest of the season.

By the time Windhager went off about 5 minutes into yesterdays game, we were missing arguably 10 of our best 22 (King, Membrey, Hayes, Hill, Ross, Jones, Windhager, Billings, Coffield and McKenzie- all 10 were in the seniors when last available for selection for an AFL game), so that could ring a few alarm-bells for Essendon, if you take much notice of preseason games.

By the time Windhager went off about 5 minutes into yesterdays game, we were missing arguably 10 of our best 22 (King, Membrey, Hayes, Hill, Ross, Jones, Windhager, Billings, Coffield and McKenzie- all 10 were in the seniors when last available for selection for an AFL game), so that could ring a few alarm-bells for Essendon, if you take much notice of preseason games.

North will win the spoon

I had Essendon last at the start of this year and i'm still happy with the call. When you see a club bemoan training standards coming into a preseason, you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to tank the year to catch up.

Hawks, West Coast and North to round out the bottom 4.
Looks like a probably bottom 4, but I have the very inexperienced Hawks winning the spoon.

Still think Weagles may avoid the bottom 4 winning enough games at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture Who finishes last in 2023?

Back