Who is the "big fish" that GWS have landed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Russell? Not a big fish per say but unable to get a game.

Goldstein constantly comes up in talk around the traps but that would be end of next year as he is contracted.

I suspect it is a trade for Goddard. Have heard he does not see eye to eye with Lyon and is not a fan of the Seaford training base.

What clouds all this talk is the trading for the 4 17 year olds, their big fish could be coming via this mechanism whilst we all focus on uncontracted. Did hear earlier in the year that Essendon had a package on the table of Ryder and Reimers for a 17 year old. Apparently Essendon are hot for the kids from Perth, O'Meara?

Jordan Russell? Not a big fish per say but unable to get a game.

Took himself out of the senior team because of a combination of a poor preseason leading on to poor form and further injury during the season. Was purely his decision to go to the Ants rather than hold onto a position a more in form player could take. He should be back against the Saints. As good a club man as the Blues have.

A few days ago I had heard a rumor that the GWS had offered Henderson a 3-year 2 million contract to head up there. He, Kane Lucas and Paul Bower are our three relatively big time potential players out of contract now that Hammer is signing a 3-year deal.

Mitch Clark is still being shopped around so I don't think GWS can say with any certainty that he'll be at GWS next year. Although it does look highly possible.

Feel free to provide a link to your post breaking that deal, along with the eight or so other deals you claim to have broken.

I'm happy to link to any number of your complete bullshit stories. Seaby to Collingwood, Nicoski to Richmond, Chad Cornes to GWS, Griffin to Sydney...

Here we go:
Nicoski agrees 2-year deal with Richmond
Seaby 100% off to Collingwood (those pesky Sydney rumours were a smokescreen because really...
Jon Griffin is off to Sydney
Jon Griffin is off to Freo or Port (12 months earlier)
Adam Thomson to Essendon all but done

Can add Taylor Walker signing a 4-year deal with GWS to the litany of failure now.

Still waiting on a link to one correct call...

Eddie may have opened a real can of worms here.

It all has to do with getting O'Meara and in terms of big fish - this bloke is the biggest - literally.

Fremantle to trade Sandilands for O'Meara.

What that means is the Freo ruck division becomes Clarke, Griffin and Bradley and they get the best 17yo in the country for losing Sandilands. Hmmm.

I reckon Goddard could be a chance.

people really need to give up on his and stop clinging to it. the bloke is contracted until 2012/2013. if he goes at the end this year it will have to be via a trade, which i cant see ross going for.

the saints have a lost generation of players between 20-24 and an ageing playing list. players like hayes, baker, gardiner, blake, milne, reiwoldt, kozi, fisher are 28+ and wont be around in 2-3 years time. they need goddard at 26 to be around for the next rebuild, to lead the younger playing group.

the saints are all about a gradual rebuild rather than bottoming out and culling to quickly.

Heard from a reliable source from the club that the jungle drums are beating louder and louder that Goddard will request a trade to GWS.
Didn't believe it when first told a couple months ago, but he is becoming more and more adamant this will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheesh. All this thread and noone has nailed it.

I can tell you exactly who the Big Fish is, not that I expect people to beleive, but it's the truth.

The GWS have come to terms with Geelong's STEVE JOHNSON.

No lies. Just wait and see.

i've heard that it is definitely a geelong player. that's why i was asking about harry taylor earlier. but johnson would definitely fit the bill

I think a lot of people in this thread have lost sight of what the term "big fish" really means.

It's not some fringe player or a guy like Sylvia who still hasn't delivered on all of his promise. Fancy listing gys like Nahas, Bastinac etc, they haven't even got past the stage of spawning yet so there is no way known that they can even be classed as a fish let alone a big one.

A 'big fish' is a bone-fide gun key position player (Dawes ??) or one of the competitions elite midfielders (Mitchell ??) or ruckman (Sandilands ??).

If Eddie Maguire is sprouting that GWS have landed a 'big fish' then it has to someone who fits that sort of criteria.

Hopefully that helps with you narrowing it down to the realistic probables instead of an endless list on non-sensical thoughts.

Have heard from a guy who supposedly is friends with SJ that he has been targetted.

Johnson has been named in here.

He is a huge fish in terms of exposure.

He hasn't been talked up in the media.

Meets all the criteria (except GWS claiming they were going for youth. That could just be Sheedy bullshit though).

That's it for me, I think he is going.
I reckon it will be Johnson-Scully-Ward-Palmer-Davis-Carlile + 1 or 2 fringe players such as Cruize Garlett or Paul Bevan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back