Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

footsteps waters would be one of the most hated players as nobody likes a sniper.
2 make up for that i will admit Wirrpanda is a good fella, same 4 Shaun McManus (remember, not a poll for good players)
Aaron Sandilands is a top fella.
i remember David Hille checking out how an injured opponent (Jamie Charman) was during play.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: 4 that.

Hmm and then he decided to start a soap opera with Mitch Robinson in the hopes he'd get an Emmy. Bit disappointing.
Anyway, can't question the guy, trying to make an active difference outside of the football sphere.
Top two for me would have to be Lenny Hayes and Simon Black.

From Essendon I am going to say David Hille, just from speaking to him he always has a big smile on his face when talking to the fans and is exceptionally genuine.
I think he's a 90's ruckman though, uses his body a bit much in general play and gets himself in trouble.
Can't forget the Jamie Charman K.O and his sportsman ship when he realized he has hurt Jamie.
Zaharakis is also another bloke that sits and chats to you for ages bleeds for Essendon and remembers all the moments I did.

Out of non Essendon peeps I have met Glenn Archer and Micky Martin hen I was a teenager they are great blokes and told me a few nice stories about Matthew Lloyd as they knew I was a Bombers supporter getting some signatures for my family :)

No you beleive that its never been established.
Yes I do believe it, and yes it has been reported more than once.
Turn coats arent very popular especially ones that get up in front of a group and preach to them about sticking together. Then sook up and leave for coin.
Turn coat? Ha ha ha! You are almost the biggest anti-Collingwood bashing troll I have seen since we won the premiership. You are taking Collingwood's premiership win worse than most St.Kilda and Carlton supporters. :rolleyes: You spend more time having a go at Collingwood than you do talking about your own team. That's pretty pathetic.

It's common knowledge that Ross Lyon had lost faith in Luke Ball and was pushed out. The contract he agreed to at Collingwood is less than the one that he turned down at St.Kilda. To consider Ball to be a mercenary is delusional and ignorant. Maybe you have a source to support your view though as I have to support mine. I'm sure you don't though because you're very good at making things up...

Saints Put Spin on Losing Luke Ball
February 04, 2010 12:00AM

FOR the record, Luke Ball is at Collingwood because he reluctantly, and sadly, came to the conclusion he wasn't wanted by St Kilda.Despite what you hear out of St Kilda, most recently - and pointedly - from skipper Nick Riewoldt, Ball left because he realised he had lost the faith of coach Ross Lyon.

He was dropped twice during the second half of the season and then spent more than half the Grand Final on the interchange bench, despite excellent numbers early in the game. The coach apparently saw him as nothing more than a back-up player, a standby for Lenny Hayes.

How do we know? How do we know coaches are going to be sacked? Just because there are no secrets in football, and people at opposition clubs are always happy to share their intelligence. Riewoldt made an error of judgment on Triple M on Tuesday morning when he accused Ball of deserting the club.

He told Eddie McGuire and company: "With Ball, it was disappointing that he left. He was offered a contract and knocked it back and wanted to leave." That's what the Saints want everyone to believe because they botched Ball's transfer, losing him for nothing through sheer pigheadedness, and because the Andrew Lovett gamble backfired.

It's as if a decision was taken to systematically denigrate Ball to appease a membership wondering what the hell was going on in list management. Surely Riewoldt knows Ball left reluctantly. Players talk. Plenty of others know Ball left because Lyon left him in no doubt he wasn't in the club's best 22.

The fact a contract was on the table was irrelevant. As it happens, he will play for Collingwood for less than he was offered by St Kilda. What does that tell you? Cont...

Yes I do believe it, and yes it has been reported more than once.Turn coat? Ha ha ha! You are almost the biggest anti-Collingwood bashing troll I have seen since we won the premiership. You are taking Collingwood's premiership win worse than most St.Kilda and Carlton supporters. :rolleyes: You spend more time having a go at Collingwood than you do talking about your own team. That's pretty pathetic.

It's common knowledge that Ross Lyon had lost faith in Luke Ball and was pushed out. The contract he agreed to at Collingwood is less than the one that he turned down at St.Kilda. To consider Ball to be a mercenary is delusional and ignorant. Maybe you have a source to support your view though as I have to support mine. I'm sure you don't though because you're very good at making things up...

Saints Put Spin on Losing Luke Ball
February 04, 2010 12:00AM

FOR the record, Luke Ball is at Collingwood because he reluctantly, and sadly, came to the conclusion he wasn't wanted by St Kilda.Despite what you hear out of St Kilda, most recently - and pointedly - from skipper Nick Riewoldt, Ball left because he realised he had lost the faith of coach Ross Lyon.

He was dropped twice during the second half of the season and then spent more than half the Grand Final on the interchange bench, despite excellent numbers early in the game. The coach apparently saw him as nothing more than a back-up player, a standby for Lenny Hayes.

How do we know? How do we know coaches are going to be sacked? Just because there are no secrets in football, and people at opposition clubs are always happy to share their intelligence. Riewoldt made an error of judgment on Triple M on Tuesday morning when he accused Ball of deserting the club.

He told Eddie McGuire and company: "With Ball, it was disappointing that he left. He was offered a contract and knocked it back and wanted to leave." That's what the Saints want everyone to believe because they botched Ball's transfer, losing him for nothing through sheer pigheadedness, and because the Andrew Lovett gamble backfired.

It's as if a decision was taken to systematically denigrate Ball to appease a membership wondering what the hell was going on in list management. Surely Riewoldt knows Ball left reluctantly. Players talk. Plenty of others know Ball left because Lyon left him in no doubt he wasn't in the club's best 22.

The fact a contract was on the table was irrelevant. As it happens, he will play for Collingwood for less than he was offered by St Kilda. What does that tell you? Cont...

LOL A newspaper article were are the quotes from players or managers get your head out of the sand.

LOL A newspaper article were are the quotes from players or managers get your head out of the sand.
So you have no source to support your opinion then? Instead you criticise mine which is the classic example of defeatism because you have nothing to add. Get back to me when you can show a source to support your opinion, and I promise I won't criticise your source if and when you do. I don't expect you to do so though because you are just an anti-Collingwood bashing troll and you make things up to suit yourself.

Now back on topic...Luke Ball is classy both on and off the field. :thumbsu:

Most likeable would surely have to be Stephen Milne. Can't really see why anyone wouldn't love him. Takes the cake as the AFL's most loved and respected player no doubt.

Closely followed by other likeable figures Alan Didak, Brendon Fevola and Hayden Ballantyne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear "The Finger", dunno why you're even arguing with the Troll.... there is no point as it always believes it is right, has hijacked another thread and is frankly boring.

My nominations, I'm not nominating any sainters because i'm biased btw: Jonathan Brown - because he's old school.
Cooney - for proposing with a burger ring.
Bartel - his laconic looks, and the occasional L/S jumper he wears ("bringing it back").
Fev - essentially because he makes the silliest decisions ever but unless you're: his wife/lara bingle/bookies/brisbane supporters/blue supporters - you can't really dislike him.

Past players - Richo owns all past players. Even "past players currently in the media". Hopefully he becomes a coach one day and continues his "like-ability crusade" forever. Maybe even inaugural coach of a Tassie side. :thumbsu:

I was most happy for Luke Ball & Ben Johnson when we won the premiership... BJ a much maligned player throughout his career who has stuck at it and improved his game... I think Bally is just a genuine nice bloke... Saints supporters may not agree but what we see is a true gentleman... obviously we don't get to see behnd closed doors but we don't see that with any player so I'm basing this on what we see and hear (directly not 2nd hand).

Others that are extremey likeable: Jimmy Bartel & Simon Black

Past players: Richo

Have to add in Crawf... during his playing career I thought he was just another plyer and his antics on TFS seemed to throw off an indifferent attitude (fun but at times stupid)... the walk from Adelaide to Melbourne apart from being a huge effort, shows that he is not about himself and he cares for others and helping out... great bloke!!!

So you have no source to support your opinion then? Instead you criticise mine which is the classic example of defeatism because you have nothing to add. Get back to me when you can show a source to support your opinion, and I promise I won't criticise your source if and when you do. I don't expect you to do so though because you are just an anti-Collingwood bashing troll and you make things up to suit yourself.

Now back on topic...Luke Ball is classy both on and off the field. :thumbsu:

hahahah are you even ****ing serious?

It is merely your opinion, which matters little.

Anyway, in my opinon:

Lenny Hayes
Jono Brown

Ben Cousins...

trollface.gif

Otherwise, Jonno Brown seems like a top bloke.

Surprised it took this long.

Hell, he usually plays well against us, rejected a million dollar offer to come to Collingwood and I STILL think he's a classic.

Shane Tuck is actually a brilliant person. Met him while I was working for the Telstra shop a few years ago, and connected a phone for him. Top TOP bloke.

Love the way how Hodge still cant help but laugh when people cheer for him on the footy show or whatever even though its happened about 40 times now.

Jono Brown and Hayes other then that.

crawford, Richo, Jonathan Brown and james polkinghorne (i know him very well, high school mates with him. funniest person ever!)

Most likeable would surely have to be Stephen Milne. Can't really see why anyone wouldn't love him. Takes the cake as the AFL's most loved and respected player no doubt.

Closely followed by other likeable figures Alan Didak, Brendon Fevola and Hayden Ballantyne.

You beat me to it, who doesn't love a bit of Milney:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back