Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite players are Chris Judd, Jimmy Bartel, Simon Black, Jobe Watson, Lenny Hayes, Steele Sidebottom, Jack Riewoldt and Mattew Pavlich.

Don't know who the most likeable are, though (I guess Judd wouldn't be liked that much!).

Lenny Hayes for me. He is my kind of footballer - talented, hard, courageous and inspiring, yet despite this comes across as very modest (never attracts any headlines, just does his thing.) Don't see how anyone wouldn't like him. And if you didn't, well you'd have to at least respect him.

</man crush>

Yes I do believe it, and yes it has been reported more than once.Turn coat? Ha ha ha! You are almost the biggest anti-Collingwood bashing troll I have seen since we won the premiership. You are taking Collingwood's premiership win worse than most St.Kilda and Carlton supporters. :rolleyes: You spend more time having a go at Collingwood than you do talking about your own team. That's pretty pathetic.

It's common knowledge that Ross Lyon had lost faith in Luke Ball and was pushed out. The contract he agreed to at Collingwood is less than the one that he turned down at St.Kilda. To consider Ball to be a mercenary is delusional and ignorant. Maybe you have a source to support your view though as I have to support mine. I'm sure you don't though because you're very good at making things up...

Saints Put Spin on Losing Luke Ball
February 04, 2010 12:00AM

FOR the record, Luke Ball is at Collingwood because he reluctantly, and sadly, came to the conclusion he wasn't wanted by St Kilda.Despite what you hear out of St Kilda, most recently - and pointedly - from skipper Nick Riewoldt, Ball left because he realised he had lost the faith of coach Ross Lyon.

He was dropped twice during the second half of the season and then spent more than half the Grand Final on the interchange bench, despite excellent numbers early in the game. The coach apparently saw him as nothing more than a back-up player, a standby for Lenny Hayes.

How do we know? How do we know coaches are going to be sacked? Just because there are no secrets in football, and people at opposition clubs are always happy to share their intelligence. Riewoldt made an error of judgment on Triple M on Tuesday morning when he accused Ball of deserting the club.

He told Eddie McGuire and company: "With Ball, it was disappointing that he left. He was offered a contract and knocked it back and wanted to leave." That's what the Saints want everyone to believe because they botched Ball's transfer, losing him for nothing through sheer pigheadedness, and because the Andrew Lovett gamble backfired.

It's as if a decision was taken to systematically denigrate Ball to appease a membership wondering what the hell was going on in list management. Surely Riewoldt knows Ball left reluctantly. Players talk. Plenty of others know Ball left because Lyon left him in no doubt he wasn't in the club's best 22.

The fact a contract was on the table was irrelevant. As it happens, he will play for Collingwood for less than he was offered by St Kilda. What does that tell you? Cont...

More KS drivel. Who woulda thought. :rolleyes:

Seriously, nobody gives a ****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pav, J Brown, Hodgey, many of these guys and more are pretty decent blokes.

Surprised I haven't seen DRod's name yet. Rodan I think is just a all round good bloke.

More KS drivel. Who woulda thought. :rolleyes:

Seriously, nobody gives a ****.

It may be repetitive, but it's not drivel.

No matter what hair you choose to split in regard to the Collingwood offer the facts are that Lyon left Ball on the bench, made the statement that any players who were not prepared to tow his line were welcome to leave, that Ball took him up on the offer and from that moment on Lyon treated him shabbily withdrawing his first contract offer and betting on him not going.

Reiwoldt's statement that Luke Ball left St Kilda football club was 100% correct but his claim that he was a "required player" left out the important detail that he was "required" to shut up and take whatever Lyon offered by way of playing opportunity and salary.

Ball thought he was better than what was offered, walked, got to his preferred club and proved he was correct in his assessment of his worth.

The fact that Ball had mixed emotions after the GF win was obvious in his demeanour and words after the game. I have no problem he was obviously feeling a sense of loss for the mates he played a lot of very hard footy with, mixed with the elation of winning a flag with his new club.

Reiwoldt is a very good friend of Balls. As the Captain he was required, understandably, to tow the company line at that presser, but anyone who has the slightest clue about human beings could see that he was extremely uncomfortable doing it.
Deny it all you like but it's there in living colour for anyone with eyes to see.

Surprised I haven't seen DRod's name yet. Rodan I think is just a all round good bloke.

Obviously you can't read then, he's only been mentioned half a dozen times here.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back