Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

FarmersWife

All Australian
Apr 10, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mt Lawley Hawks, AMR Hawks
Okay, so maybe I'm biased, but I'd have to say Michael Barlow. Even before his broken leg. In fact, probably after his 2nd or 3rd game I think he might have taken this mantle.

Close behind I have Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Pavlich and Adam Goodes. Before Akermanis shot his mouth off I would have had Brad Johnson in the top 3.

These guys are all great role models, don't complain to the umpires, top notch players and the sort of people you'd want your daughters to bring home.

I would have to think of Brent Harvey as a north player. Guys like Goddard and Hayes are my favourite non north players. Theres also Simon Black Luke Power and Jonno Brown

Freo fan thinks 3 of the top 4 most likeable players in the league are from Freo. Quelle surprise.

I would have Pav up there, hard to think how anyone could hate him really. Been a one man show forever and a day and been very good-natured about it even when Freo stank.

There are a lot of obvious names people could mention but I think Kieren Jack would be up there.

In fairness I won't list any EFC players.. But if I could.. Adam Ramanauskas. (remember him?)

I really like Kenelly (Sydney) he seems to be a great bloke.
Liam Jurrah also is a great player to watch.
Pavlich is also really good..
But if we can include recently retired players I want to have Kirk (Sydney) as my number one, though Tom Harley is a great guy too!

I would have to think of Brent Harvey as a north player. Guys like Goddard and Hayes are my favourite non north players. Theres also Simon Black Luke Power and Jonno Brown

Met him a couple of times in person and is one of the nicest guys. Will always stop to have a chat if someone approaches him

For me though, its Presti (bias perhaps?)

Genuinely i find it hard that many supporters would hate this bloke and he comes into my work fairly often and is a really nice guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine I think Luke Hodge but from other teams Lenny Hayes, Barlow, Jonathon Brown - ex players crawf, kirk and richo.

I don't like Hodge; although it's not really his fault. I just think that he is the most overrated player to ever play the game and for that reason I have a dislike for him.

Simon Black for me.

I don't like Hodge; although it's not really his fault. I just think that he is the most overrated player to ever play the game and for that reason I have a dislike for him.

Simon Black for me.

That's okay, I think the same about Dane Swan :thumbsu:

Beau Waters for me. Tough at it, traditonal footballer and a good bloke.

Probably loses points from opposition supporters when he cleans up your blokes though :p

Agree with everyone mentioned so far..Hayes and Kirk came first to mind when I read this.

Gotta add Kieran Jack, cannot possibly hate the kid and love the way he plays and how excited he gets..

fev...... loveable larrakin and great with kids......does anyone remember seeing him on the the footy show a few years ago with the kid raising money for his cricket trip? fev was trying to get the other panelists plus sam and co to all put in a thousand dollars and send the kid.....sam was being a tight arse and fev said "whats a thousand bucks to you sam?"

dave rodan..... one of the genuinely nicest blokes you will ever come across

From Collingwood I'd be amazed if anyone could have any dislike of Presti, one of the game's true gentlemen. Lockyear as well.

As for opposition always liked Pav,

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the most likeable player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back