Who is your next superstar?

Remove this Banner Ad

From Freo:
Peake
Mcpharlen
Warnock only played 2 games but looks realy good he will be better then Sandilands
Murphy is going to be the best full foward in the comp in about 2 to 3 years he is possibily the best set shot for goal less then 50m in the comp atm

McPharlin's in his mid 20's now, i think he's past the budding superstar phase of his career

As for Murphy i agree, he's got the potential to be a great full forward, pity he won't be plying his trade at the Dockers in 2-3 years time :p

And anyway this is a thread from 7 years ago, get with the times!

From Freo:
Peake
Mcpharlen
Warnock only played 2 games but looks realy good he will be better then Sandilands
Murphy is going to be the best full foward in the comp in about 2 to 3 years he is possibily the best set shot for goal less then 50m in the comp atm

I don't know what's worse, your predictions or the fact I agreed with you on Murphy :eek:

Haha great thread to bring back up.

Im now too scared to make any predictions about Richmond players.

Next Future superstars from the Hawks

Liam Shiels
Ryan Schoenmakers
Luke Lowden

Basic choices but Luke Lowden will become huge 206cm ruckman great kick can get his own ball and can push forward very talented player got the potential to reach anything very similar to Matthew Leunberger .

Liam Shiels
Ryan Schoenmakers
Luke Lowden

Basic choices but Luke Lowden will become huge 206cm ruckman great kick can get his own ball and can push forward very talented player got the potential to reach anything very similar to Matthew Leunberger .

Obviously you do not read threads before posting.

Liam Shiels
Ryan Schoenmakers
Luke Lowden

You failed.

I like the Jason Cloke and Guy Richards prediction.

Tough call at Collingwood - great thread btw

I'd suggest the following are worth looking at ............

Lachie Keefe - 205 cm key defender (but presumably may end up in the ruck)
Shea Macnamara - if the progression of Mike Pyke is anything to go by this young American could do anything
Luke Rounds - had a great year
John McCarthy - been on the list a few years but has nourmous potential if he can overcome chronic hamstring issues
Sean Rusling - actually hasnt had a shoulder injury for over two years so still has massive potential if he con overcome his minor niggles and force his way into a pretty strong 22.

Also Tom Hunter - dont know a lot about him but for a first year rookie his name has appeared regularly in the best players for te VFL side. First year rookie.

Look at the wraps on Fraser, wow.

I'm sorry but are you disagreeing with FIGJAM?

Every opinion in this post is subject to injuries.

But even at his Brownlow tying best, McKernan never (and never will) display the talent that Fraser has.

McKernan works hard, has a strong mark and a thumping kick. Solid player.

Fraser has disposal akin to Nathan Buckley and the poise and balance like James Hird. He can take grabs and will only get better at this as he gets bigger. Will be able to play in the ruck and can even rove his own bloody tap-outs! Imagine Josh's game against West Coast add a few more posessions, hitouts and contested marks and that's what he will be consistently like in the years to come.

Hypothetically, if all of the teams dissolved and all players (including Hird, Buckley et al) were thrown into the draft and you had first draft pick, which player would you chose?

I'd pick Rogan!

Can't really see what areas anyone would disagree with :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fraser has disposal akin to Nathan Buckley and the poise and balance like James Hird. He can take grabs and will only get better at this as he gets bigger. Will be able to play in the ruck and can even rove his own bloody tap-outs! Imagine Josh's game against West Coast add a few more posessions, hitouts and contested marks and that's what he will be consistently like in the years to come.

Josh Fraser has demonstrated his capability to become the most complete footballer in the history of the game. At 202 cm, he has the ability to ruck (although still learning that facet). He was originally a CHF and I think that is where he will end up. But what sets him apart is his inate ability to play around the ground with the class and poise of a Nathan Buckley or James Hird. This year, Rogan has even had the role of a ruck rover and did the job brilliantly! The phrase "he will win a Brownlow medal" gets thrown around too much these days, but this bloke might just win five! He is 19 years old. How good will he be when he is 22-28???

Wow:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is your next superstar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back