• Marshall

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Long

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The more i think about this the more i dont think Gears can be our skipper anymore , TBO he may not even be best 22 by late in the year plus all the injuries from last year , Seb is not my ideal choice but i guess its him or if you wanted to go out on a limb , Hanners
The problem being that if Seb ain't the business then it's gonna look bad if he's removed after only a year, possibly two, and do they want him as the example to the younger crew if that's the case.

All things being equal sure, Gears isn't the ideal, but if Hanner's body cant be trusted and Seb maybe isn't rated for it then it would take a bold move to appoint another and hope he grows into it.

Whenever the decision comes, l reckon it will tell us a fair bit about how our guys are rated internally, especially Mr Ross..

I've long held the belief Seb should take over this year, but I get the feeling Membrey is becoming a bigger chance by the day to be our next captain.
I’d suggest there is only 2 choices. Geary or Ross. Membery wasn’t even in the leadership group last year and hanners was replaced. He can’t be captain. Imagine if he plays 5 games again.

I am not to fussed who is captain over the next two years. As long as they can lead on game day and also in the team for most of the year par injury. We have some potential young elite talent. With Roughead, Slater and ect working with them in regards of leadership. You would think at least one of them is going to blossom into a great leader. Also the fact that like 75% of the players we have drafted/traded were captains in their previous tac/state/afl team you would hope their is some one who is captain material.

I said it leaves the likes of Sinclair out.
Yes you did , but i just dont even know why you would bother mentioning a guy like him when we were talking about a skipper , Sincs maybe even gone end of next year , and IMO i think even if he was a great player not sure he is Captain material

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a serious note , i think Battle will end up skipper in a few years , he just screams follow me and has a bit of campaigner about him ,
I think he is in for a big year in 2020
Just needs a permanent spot. The worst thing for him to do is to be put in many positions. I hope he settles down in one. Looks a good player to me.

How about going lord of the flies style and have no captain. Have the leadership group with one leader among all lines and anyone can take leadership. Let it be naturally selected
The players killing a wild pig at halftime might be fun too :thumbsu:

Anyway , im putting myself up for the skippers job...
Well you're very good at the tossing part of the job. In fact, many describe you as the GTOAT ;)

Why are you so mean to me Doc , You have been too long in G Banger town and turned into one of those rabid infected cats :p
All good mate; just down here keeping an eye on the Furphy factory for us ;) :thumbsu:

If there is any truth to what a couple of x players have said about standards the last couple of years, and on top of what SL said when he come into the the club. Maybe we should start fresh with a young group

Captain Risky for the top job. Deputies are Captain Feathersword, Captain Pugwash and Captain Kangaroo. Sorted.
Our boys are way too soft to be able to handle Risky's no holds barred critique!

He'd be like the Sarg from Gomer Pyle....One mistake and he would be up in their face screaming PYYYYYYLE!!!! ;)

Just give it to Alabakis already! He seems the obvious choice!

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who should be captain 2020 poll

Back