Roast Who should be our next coach? [melty]

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I’m filthy the saga happened when an Essendon Legend was coaching AND we were in a good spot with the list…that compounded the damage in my books…it couldn’t have happened at a worse time…

Hird will always be in the shadows until he has a second crack…I’m not for or against…I’m instead with those who say 30-40% of the list needs to be turned over before any decisions on a coach is made…

I’m convinced after the last 4 years that it’s culture or skill related before it’s a coach issue…

i loved watching the top ups play in 2016, that was fun

Hird was responsible for that season so I guess i’m okay with him coming back if it might lead to that level of enjoyment again
Maybe brad scott can get some inspiration from that season and actually play some kids instead of selecting recycled old players

People that want Hird back are like "well technically we never got to see if he was a bad coach because he ran the entire club into the ground and set us back 10+yrs and was fired for that, not for being a bad coach!"

Like damn, yeah, really strong argument you got there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well actually, it was until Dank f#*ked everything…

no it wasn't

Hird had a shit coaching record.

this supporter will never stop saying stupid delusional shit will they.

no it wasn't

he had a good win/loss record, but if you factor in total number of games his players were suspended, then yes - his coaching record looks pretty shit

no it wasn't

55% winning record in his first three years? Yeah, shit record. (who’s saying delusional shit?)

And no, I’m not including 2015. As I clearly stated above, it was looking good until Dank f#*ked everything. And despite what you want to believe, it was.

55% winning record in his first three years? Yeah, shit record. (who’s saying delusional shit?)

And no, I’m not including 2015. As I clearly stated above, it was looking good until Dank f#*ked everything. And despite what you want to believe, it was.

that is indeed a shit record over 3 years, even if you aren't counting 2015.

he had a good win/loss record, but if you factor in total number of games his players were suspended, then yes - his coaching record looks pretty shit

No.

He didn't.

2011 - 8th
2012 - 11th
2013 - 11th.

Youd only be making excuses to suggest he had a good coaching record.

For perspective, If Brad Scott puts us outside the 8 again next year, people will start calling for his head. If you aren't gaining ground after 3 years as head coach, you are not worth keeping around.

Last edited:
Until Hird actually owns his part in the saga he can stay away.
along with the above, my serious belief is that Hird needs to coach somewhere for non-emotional reasons before he can be considered. he came straight here without coaching anywhere else, he only helped out at GWS because his best man was coaching, now we're hearing he might coach his son. go help out at the Crows or something and show you're serious

(of course, the club - with the support of many fans - as a whole doesn't want to own their part in the saga...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who should be our next coach? [melty]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back