Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is no one in here talking about Craig McRae? By far the best available candidate.

So I'm happy to hear that McRae is pretty much locked to be your coach now. Highly regarded, great CV, we've had a bunch of youngsters call out the impact he's had on them in such a short time with us. Good luck to him.

I disagree with the view that we are not an attractive club for a coach. The results of the last few weeks were entirely predictable, disappointing yes, but what happens when a coach leaves mid-season, injuries and illness take their toll, the media holds a torch to the club, and the board is held up to scrutiny.

These results are not an indication of what will happen next year. We may still be cellar dwellers in the short term, but things will be different with a new senior coach and able assistants. We’ll have a new high performance coach too (to replace White) and a new list manager.

Until the last couple of years we were also seen as a stable and well-managed club. Wright will help us get back to that. We still have the resources and we’ve hung onto 80k plus members. I will be renewing my membership in October.

So a good coach will see this year for what it is, and it’s not a template for our future.

Plus we fans still have a job to do in season 2021 - barrack hard for whoever it is that will tip Essendon out of the finals!
It’s the only Club I’d want to coach but as a supporter, I’d hate me.

Love your work Vicky Park . You belief in the club and general approach to football seems to align with mine, and you express your opinions better than I would ever hope to.

Plus you provide some much needed balance to all the Chicken Little posters around these parts.

Keep it up!

Thanks CM. I’ve been around long enough to have experienced plenty of lows with the Pies, but they are always followed by highs - if not necessarily premierships!

We lost our way over the last few years. Some poor decisions and appointments, combined with the intoxicating prospect of contending which can throw some clubs out of kilter if they don’t actually ‘flag’.

I’m looking forward to season 2022 with a new coach. And our selection process has been very grown up for Collingwood.😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think we are any chance of naming Clarko as our new coach?

If someone hypothetically offered you a year’s paid holiday at $800k, would you take a job elsewhere for that year which was 18 hours a day, 6 days a week to effectively bump it up to $1m?

He’ll take the year off, he’s not an idiot. Jobs will still be there for 2023.

If someone hypothetically offered you a year’s paid holiday at $800k, would you take a job elsewhere for that year which was 18 hours a day, 6 days a week to effectively bump it up to $1m?

He’ll take the year off, he’s not an idiot. Jobs will still be there for 2023.
Might have been promised GC in 2023 for all we know.

Does anyone think we are any chance of naming Clarko as our new coach?
Not really. Especially not with stories that Stuart Dew's position may not be secure (it probably hasn't been but there were stories yesterday in some media talking about it. I've said for a while that I think Clarkson will end up at the Suns and it does stand out that while Clarko was going to stay at Hawthorn last year for the final year of his contract that Dew was under no threat this year but would be nervous next year. Now that Clarko is available next year (potentially) suddenly Dew's position is under threat now, according to the stories from the journos. I think the AFL really want Clarko there to try and make their pet project (Gold Coast) not be a basket case. Especially if they want to talk about relocation as an option to get Tassie a team because the obvious candidate is Gold Coast as 10 years on it's still not working.

Not really. Especially not with stories that Stuart Dew's position may not be secure (it probably hasn't been but there were stories yesterday in some media talking about it. I've said for a while that I think Clarkson will end up at the Suns and it does stand out that while Clarko was going to stay at Hawthorn last year for the final year of his contract that Dew was under no threat this year but would be nervous next year. Now that Clarko is available next year (potentially) suddenly Dew's position is under threat now, according to the stories from the journos. I think the AFL really want Clarko there to try and make their pet project (Gold Coast) not be a basket case. Especially if they want to talk about relocation as an option to get Tassie a team because the obvious candidate is Gold Coast as 10 years on it's still not working.
Clarko could well retain Dew as an assistant if he gets top gig at GC

Thanks CM. I’ve been around long enough to have experienced plenty of lows with the Pies, but they are always followed by highs - if not necessarily premierships!

We lost our way over the last few years. Some poor decisions and appointments, combined with the intoxicating prospect of contending which can throw some clubs out of kilter if they don’t actually ‘flag’.

I’m looking forward to season 2022 with a new coach. And our selection process has been very grown up for Collingwood.😍
Can't love this enough

If we don't name a coach by Wednesday.. when Serge my stylist and hairdresser opens for business again in the new covid normal.. imma request an Anthony Albanese 'do'.. he'll probably lose it at me and say wtf is wrong with you and that re sort of a thing.. and I'll just say.. just ****en do it re.. I don't give a **** anymore.

I've absolutely had it man.. I'm done.

Would be very Collingwood to bring someone in who was at the club during a 5 year period where we regressed heavily.
If he's getting the blame for that he should at least get some credit for developing guys like Elliott and Grundy, who weren't incredibly high picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back