Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing I will say is that how Collingwood is handling the coaching situation is giving me a lot more confidence than Carlton's handling of theirs must be giving their supporters. Apparently Carlton are still not ready to release the findings of their review or what it means for Teague, meaning Teague will be doing the exit interviews for their players even though there is a high likelihood he won't be there next year. I wonder if they want their new savior coach signed before they boot Teague.

One thing I will say is that how Collingwood is handling the coaching situation is giving me a lot more confidence than Carlton's handling of theirs must be giving their supporters. Apparently Carlton are still not ready to release the findings of their review or what it means for Teague, meaning Teague will be doing the exit interviews for their players even though there is a high likelihood he won't be there next year. I wonder if they want their new savior coach signed before they boot Teague.
Carlton are spineless. They’ve clearly made up their mind just pull the ****ing trigger already. Can’t help but feel sorry for Teague.

I've been saying Clarko is coming to us. All orchestrated by Graham Wright.
They have to make it look like Clarko is thinking about taking the year off. Pies doing their bit with the coaching panel when in fact it's all for show.
McRae his assistant. This deal was done months back. Clarko knows only the Pies will give him a long term job.

Just my thoughts.

They have to make it look like Clarko is thinking about taking the year off. Pies doing their bit with the coaching panel when in fact it's all for show.
McRae his assistant. This deal was done months back. Clarko knows only the Pies will give him a long term job.

Just my thoughts.

My thoughts exactly. All smoke and mirrors whilst the real work goes on behind the scenes.

Just my thoughts.
Bring Gunston with you please Clarko .

Just my thoughts.

Sounds to me like 4d chess Johnny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my thoughts.
Maybe we could set up a…what would you call it…succession plan…🤐

Carlton are spineless. They’ve clearly made up their mind just pull the ******* trigger already. Can’t help but feel sorry for Teague.

I feel sorry for Teague. He’s been in no mans land for weeks now, and it shows how callous and arrogant that club still is. Not a way to treat a person, and not a way to treat a senior member of staff. And all played out in the media.

You could cite our treatment of Bucks, but it was at least done with some dignity and respect for the man. Not great, but as good as it gets when a coach is asked to leave.

We lost our way over the last few years. Some poor decisions and appointments, combined with the intoxicating prospect of contending which can throw some clubs out of kilter if they don’t actually ‘flag’.

Don't want to be a kiljoy but this right here is the problem, we hold ourselves back for whatever reason, we had a what should've been a dynasty team and handed the keys to a rookie coach - that has never ever happened before in the history of the comp.

It's these twilight zone decisions like that, grubby allen, Mayne and Wells and all the rest that infuriate, every time opportunity presents we have to find ways to fk it up every time. It's almost like it's deliberate. I mean you couldn't write this as fiction, no one has that sort of dark imagination.

Luke Ball is obviously part of the process but I didn’t like him saying “without naming names”. Big Footy wants names Luke!!!! Especially if that name starts with Alastair.
Luke clearly needs to run the list past the BF community. Sense of duty

Club on the right path here with McCrae. An experienced assistant at a successful club ( and there’s only two of them) is my preference or a hungry experienced senior coach like Pyke who has a solid track record.

prefer they are avoiding the bigger names like Lyon and clarkson

I am too. I think Clarko's price tag would cost us a development coach - and we really need development coaching at the moment.

He'd still do them regardless, I'd have thought.

Don't want to be a kiljoy but this right here is the problem, we hold ourselves back for whatever reason, we had a what should've been a dynasty team and handed the keys to a rookie coach - that has never ever happened before in the history of the comp.

It's these twilight zone decisions like that, grubby allen, Mayne and Wells and all the rest that infuriate, every time opportunity presents we have to find ways to fk it up every time. It's almost like it's deliberate. I mean you couldn't write this as fiction, no one has that sort of dark imagination.

Agree with much of this, but I’m hoping the worst is behind us. We have to believe this if we are to attract a good coach and fill the other positions with quality candidates.

If Clarko gets the gig the coaching panel is effectively seeking an assistant coach. Clarko and Wright will choose from the shortlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back