Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any coach that makes any poster threaten to walk away from the club, the sport and more specifically, this forum, has my absolute support and whole-hearted approval.

Seriously? Not sure where this came from or whether there's a degree of sarcasm in there somewhere so the only thing I can say in response is wow, ok old mate.

Any coach that makes any poster threaten to walk away from the club, the sport and more specifically, this forum, has my absolute support and whole-hearted approval.
What about scraping my nutsack over a razor blade? because that's where I'm going if Scott gets it.

Yes, I agree. The two young players we have been linked to at Sydney are midfielders so Pyke would have been working closely with them. And the club have pushed back their timeline to announce a coach as Sydney’s finals chances have improved.

So in summary we are linked to four players Pyke has first hand hand experience with and will make an announcement when Pyke’s season is finished. It’s pretty obvious why he is the bookies favourite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And how do we trade for them this year?
Edit: Assuming trading is required.

Seriously? Not sure where this came from or whether there's a degree of sarcasm in there somewhere so the only thing I can say in response is wow, ok old mate.

Absolutely.

If you're enough of an infant to throw the toys out of the cot because you don't like the coach, before he's actually coached a game at the club, then I welcome your departure.

There's a great many people I don't think fit right for the role, but, because I'm an adult, if Michael Voss, James Hird, Kane Cornes or anyone I've historically despised for a variety of reasons got the role I would back them in and want them to have success, rather than throw an internet tantrum.

Ross Lyon, elite coach with a great record, players who love him and some time away from the role to gain a different perspective. Absolutely.

Brad Scott, absolutely admired the way he milked his sh1t sandwich at North and made them competitive. Could be a better coach than his brother with some support/facilities/better list. Absolutely.

Don Pyke, Adelaide played brilliant footy under him until the wheels fell off. Absolutely.

Clarko, four flags and a bit of added hunger after a messy Hawthorn break up? Absolutely.

The best-credentialed assistant out there who looks ready to develop alongside a young list? Absolutely.

And to clarify, I apologise to the infants out there - I know you're trying your best. It's tough to know what age the people you're conversing with on a fan forum are and while I naturally assume I'm speaking with adults, there's a very, very, very good chance I'm not.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

If you're enough of an infant to throw the toys out of the cot because you don't like the coach, before he's actually coached a game at the club, then I welcome your departure.

There's a great many people I don't think fit right for the role, but, because I'm an adult, if Michael Voss, James Hird, Kane Cornes or anyone I've historically despised for a variety of reasons got the role I would back them in and want them to have success, rather than throw an internet tantrum.

Ross Lyon, elite coach with a great record, players who love him and some time away from the role to gain a different perspective. Absolutely.

Brad Scott, absolutely admired the way he milked his sh1t sandwich at North and made them competitive. Could be a better coach than his brother with some support/facilities/better list. Absolutely.

Don Pyke, Adelaide played brilliant footy under him until the wheels fell off. Absolutely.

Clarko, four flags and a bit of added hunger after a messy Hawthorn break up? Absolutely.

The best-credentialed assistant out there who looks ready to develop alongside a young list? Absolutely.

And to clarify, I apologise to the infants out there - I know you're trying your best. It's tough to know what age the people you're conversing with on a fan forum and while the sentiment I naturally assume I'm speaking with adults, there's a very, very, very good chance I'm not.
No need to throw a tanty about the infants mate!

Absolutely.

So once again you're maligning someone on a personal for not being able to stand the bloke on a number of levels, but more importantly also for not thinking he is the right person for the job? Seriously? The only thing I can say to that is that last time I checked it wasn't not within my remit as a (long time) supporter of the club to satisfy the expectations of some random person hiding behind a keyboard who feels entitled to get up on their soap box and get all personal for no real reason whatsoever.

On-topic - if you think differently then that's perfectly ok, you're entitled to your opinion even though I might disagree with it. See, no name calling or asinine labelling thrown in there, just agreeing to disagree.

Off-topic - As for your effort here overall, well this kind of crap in general is symptomatic of the sometimes poisonous culture on the boards where certain posters in certain situations somehow feel more inclined to jump to hasty personal character judgements about and subsequently throw shade at people they don't and will never know anything about (rather than just disagreeing with what has been posted at face value), as if they're somehow entitled to do so by some overburdening sense of self worth or virtue.

This reflects very poorly on you I would say in this specific instance, much more so than any passing expression of personal dissatisfaction at a certain person becoming our coach on my part which, for the record, was laced with more than a little sarcasm although that's neither here nor there.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter - feel free to reach for the ignore list if it gets up your nose that much.

TL;DR - Couldn't give two shits what you think old mate, so with all due respect feel free to piss off and go whine to someone who might actually care...

So once again you're maligning someone on a personal for not being able to stand the bloke on a number of levels, but more importantly also for not thinking he is the right person for the job? Seriously? The only thing I can say to that is that last time I checked it wasn't not within my remit as a (long time) supporter of the club to satisfy the expectations of some random person hiding behind a keyboard who feels entitled to get up on their soap box and get all personal for no real reason whatsoever.

On-topic - if you think differently then that's perfectly ok, you're entitled to your opinion even though I might disagree with it. See, no name calling or asinine labelling thrown in there, just agreeing to disagree.

Off-topic - As for your effort here overall, well this kind of crap in general is symptomatic of the sometimes poisonous culture on the boards where certain posters in certain situations somehow feel more inclined to jump to hasty personal character judgements about and subsequently throw shade at people they don't and will never know anything about (rather than just disagreeing with what has been posted at face value), as if they're somehow entitled to do so by some overburdening sense of self worth or virtue.

This reflects very poorly on you I would say in this specific instance, much more so than any passing expression of personal dissatisfaction at a certain person becoming our coach on my part which, for the record, was laced with more than a little sarcasm although that's neither here nor there.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter - feel free to reach for the ignore list if it gets up your nose that much.

TL;DR - Couldn't give two shits what you think old mate, so with all due respect feel free to piss off and go whine to someone who might actually care...

That's an awful lot of paragraphs for someone who doesn't give two shits.

If I remember correctly, you 'expressed your personal dissatisfaction' by threatening to not support the club, no?

Or am I wrong and was that someone else?

To me, threatening to not support the club because of a 'personal dissatisfaction with the coach' is juvenile behavior. On occasion I do enjoy calling out such behavior - all part of the mental scarring from the 2017 Nathan Buckley extension that inspired more than a few posters to "never follow the club again", only to return and claim it was their criticisms which turned the club around.

My post was also laced with more than a little sarcasm - why didn't you pick that up? See how easy that is to point out after the fact?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's an awful lot of paragraphs for someone who doesn't give two shits.

If I remember correctly, you 'expressed your personal dissatisfaction' by threatening to not support the club, no?

Or am I wrong and was that someone else?

To me, threatening to not support the club because of a 'personal dissatisfaction with the coach' is juvenile behavior. On occasion I do enjoy calling out such behavior - all part of the mental scarring from the 2017 Nathan Buckley extension that inspired more than a few posters to "never follow the club again", only to return and claim it was their criticisms which turned the club around.

My post was also laced with more than a little sarcasm - why didn't you pick that up? See how easy that is to point out after the fact?

Still going? You obviously missed the TL;DR.

Keep on trying to be some sort of warrior behind your keyboard though if that's all you have to lean on old mate.

Absolutely.

And to clarify, I apologise to the infants out there - I know you're trying your best. It's tough to know what age the people you're conversing with on a fan forum are and while I naturally assume I'm speaking with adults, there's a very, very, very good chance I'm not.

Bit condescending there mate.

The words high horse and alighting come to mind.

What.. scraping his nutsacks with a razor blade? That was Rebuilder.
Listening to Clarko now on 360... The sink should be thrown at him, and if that doesn't work, throw the next one and keep throwing them at him.

Such an astute and passionate person which you don't normally see that side of him. He certainly seems to still have that thirst for coaching and he would fast track our re-build.

No disrespect to others but geez he'd be worth whatever dollars are paid

Listening to Clarko now on 360... The sink should be thrown at him, and if that doesn't work, throw the next one and keep throwing them at him.

Such an astute and passionate person which you don't normally see that side of him. He certainly seems to still have that thirst for coaching and he would fast track our re-build.

If the scuttlebutt is on the money then we'd probably be looking for another football manager if Clarko came over as coach...

Makes hard when our Footy Boss does not want him

If the scuttlebutt is on the money then we'd probably be looking for another football manager if Clarko came over as coach...
Wright's job is to assemble the footy dept, surely when a 4 time premiership coach is available, which doesn't happen often, he'd be burying any hatchet to get him

We slaughtered WCE with their premiership coach not able to stop us with that team. Same team agst Clarko and we couldn't move the ball (yes our youth fluctuated too).
Makes hard when our Footy Boss does not want him
See above...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back