Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had success this year with Hams & Strijk. Freo also, have had success with similar aged players. This says a couple of things ... (1) most players shouldnt be judged until age 22 or 23 at least and (2) its easier to pick talent at that age ....

It wouldnt hurt us to find a couple more guys of similar age this year.

On trading, I would only trade in for a gun. If we had to package picks and any of our plethora of squad players for a genuine top line mid who wanted to get here then we should do it. I wouldnt care if it involved some good flankers or promising depth guys ... we need elite talent.

Throw anything we can at elite talent through the middle.

This would obviously help but cost allot.

It would be more efficient IMO to keep our #4 pick for the best mid and then chase a Garlett / Bennell and another good HBFer like Armfield. Would only cost us a McKinely and a 2nd rounder and maybe a later pick.

Then we could play Hurn out of the middle and Le Cras in a similar role as Ballantyne. Get Leca pushing down to the wing for the bounce and for periods of the game, play him off a HFF with small periods at FF.

Need to get class into the midfield at the expense of Adam Selwood and McGinnity types.

I think Hams and Strijk have legitimate claims to play forward and both can play cameo roles elsewhere. Neates and Weedon hopefully will push for some games next year and Butler can release Shephard onto a wing and closer to goal.

Shuey into the guts would be a godsend.

Get Josh Hill...

What are everyones thoughts......

I think Hill is the x-factor forward we need in our forward line, takes a good grab, he's quick and will help out and release Lecras.

I'm not saying he is the answer to all of our problems, but it will help create a dangerous forward line..

Josh Hill isn't a lot different to Ben McKinley in all honesty.

A little bit quicker, but doesn't kick as many goals - particularly given the amount of service the bullies give.

We have LeCras as that goal kicking midsize forward. What we need more of is damaging midfielders and/or midfielder/forwards like Didak and Chapman.

We really don't have a half forward of note as yet.

Disagree. We still lack a bloke exactly like Ryder who can play at full forward for 80% game time and kick goals and relieve nic nat in the ruck the other 20%. Cox won't be round much longer and two 50/50 rucks are not the best stagergy IMO, and it's hard to find blokes who can hold down a ff spot and still be one of the best rucks in the comp. Could still pick up a outside flashy player with our second pick, that could turn out a gun. We have also got a lot of young mids on our list who I believe (give them time) when they reach the 23-24 age will be very good.

Daniel Gorringe. 198cm ruck/ forward.

I agree with Eagle87's comments of targeting elite midfielders if available and adding some more mature aged players with VFL, WAFL or SANFL experience to your list.

Nathan Krakour and Daniel Wells

Just reading on the AFL website.

Both of contract and yet to re-sign.
I think both are West Australians.(Please correct me if you know)
Both would be great acquisitions. A handy half forward and a handy half back.
Hypothetically what would you trade.

I personally would send Ebert back to S.A for Krakour and a draft pick.
Maybe Kerr for Wells. I think Kerr was a Kangas supporter growing up or so i've been told. Plus Kerr is 27ish and Wells is 25.

And yes i know it's getting to be silly season maybe a bit early but this is a forum.

Re: Nathan Krakour and Daniel Wells

Isn't it almost a sure thing that Krakouer is heading to the Gold Coast?

As for Wells, I doubt the Roos would want to let him go after all the work they've put into him. Probably still clutching at the hope that he'll become the superstar he was predicted to become upon entering the league.

kerr for wells, no thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yes i know it's getting to be silly season maybe a bit early but this is a forum.

Yeah, fine, but can you just put it in one of the existing threads rather than starting a new one?

As I've said once already this morning, we don't need a new thread every time someone thinks "Oooh, player X is West Australian, let's trade for him!"

Yeah, fine, but can you just put it in one of the existing threads rather than starting a new one?

As I've said once already this morning, we don't need a new thread every time someone thinks "Oooh, player X is West Australian, let's trade for him!"

Is this player X any good?

Josh Hill isn't a lot different to Ben McKinley in all honesty.

A little bit quicker, but doesn't kick as many goals - particularly given the amount of service the bullies give.

We have LeCras as that goal kicking midsize forward. What we need more of is damaging midfielders and/or midfielder/forwards like Didak and Chapman.

We really don't have a half forward of note as yet.

worsfold said we want a small Forward - my immediate thought was forward defensive pressure and crumber, but it could be more as above in as well as being WA with experience - Yarran, would cost us if that the case.

Carltank are looking at Bock from Adelaide we may be able to do a 3 way swap with picks and Mckinley

or just pick 4 and Mckinley for yarran?

I rate Matt Campbell from the Kangaroos, lightning fast and elusive small forward. Stuck behind Lindsay Thomas in the pecking order now.

Third rounder, or our second rounder for Campbell and the Kangaroos third rounder is a trade I could actually see happening...unlike a lot that are being put out there :eek:

I don't know how we can get ourselves a second first round pick in the latter stages but it would be very nice to have a crack at Darling if he does in fact slide, if he doesn't maybe Harper.

However, I think GC have enough picks to take the risk with Darling so don't think he will slide too far if they are interested.

It would be a super effort if we could somehow snare Gaff/Atley plus Darling.

You would think Darling would be gone by 5 or 7. Gorringe & Darling would be my picks at 5 & 7 if they lasted.

I would really like Darling just because we would have a perfect spine. Now he may turn out to be a superstar or not, but at least he will provide a contest and is 100 times more talented than Lynch.

I would also like to make Gorringe a FF like a few others have mentioned.

You would think Darling would be gone by 5 or 7. Gorringe & Darling would be my picks at 5 & 7 if they lasted.

I would really like Darling just because we would have a perfect spine. Now he may turn out to be a superstar or not, but at least he will provide a contest and is 100 times more talented than Lynch.

I would also like to make Gorringe a FF like a few others have mentioned.

190cm is pretty short, youd hope he still has 2cm growth in him. Unless he has freakish long arms, is a great contested mark and always presents with the arms at full stretch. Darling isnt another CHF either is he?

i think with our second round draft pick we should pick up warrick andreoli he is what we need. has good pace and has a great kick.

A mature small forward.

Its Paul Medhurst. Lets not kid around guys. Woosha made it pretty bloody obvious today in his press conference. Name me any other mature small forward... Seriously cant think of any other reasonable one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back