Jie_Hodge

Senior List
Apr 4, 2006
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Just got a suggestion you guys can shut me down on it if you want but just could be a good idea.

Instead of putting a very hard tag on judd first up why not just play one on one football and put an attacking player on him and hope his opponent hurts them more going the other way.
If he starts hurting us to much then try to shut him down.

Im not saying let him roam free just play a normal game because he will not man up going the other way as he will try to break free.

Just basing this on the last two weeks where the two teams brissie and freo tried a hard tag on judd and he killed them. The form he is in he is going to do his thing not matter who is on him and how hard they are tagging him.

Thoughts on this ??

Jie_Hodge said:
put an attacking player on him and hope his opponent hurts them more going the other way.
With all respect, this is just NOT possible.

However, if this is the idea, then I stick with my idea that Ryan Lonie might be the man for the job. He matches Judd for height, and is probably as close as any of our mids for pace, and his defensive efforts this year have been pretty good.

Like Vinnie said i think Lonie could be a possibility Judd is not going to man him up when we have the ball and we all know how damaging lonie can be running the lines, your right i was kidding myself thinking we could hurt them more. I just think Judd will be Judd even if he do try to stop him.

I think he'll have to be tagged and it'll probably be a rotation at times. I don't think O'Bree is the man though as he's doing a great job so let him keep doing a great job. Holland will get a run on him and I would even trust Heater for a bash too. Interesting to suggest Lonie and worth the question as he has picked up on his tackles this year. Again I think rotation would be best.

I think the best way to stop him is to get a contact number from Tonya Harding and do a 'Nancy Kerrigan' pre-game, it's about the only sure fire way to stop the man.

I would worry more about Cousins, Stenglein, Fletcher, Kerr and Embley than just Judd.

Play man on man, don't stop tackling and run your arses off all day. Make everybody accountable (especialy cousins and fletcher) and identify and expose the other front runners.

Stack the half back line with your wings, If Didak and Buckley are able to be isolated in the forward line then do it, their direct oponents will most probably strugle one out with the more talented forwards as oposed to having Glass and Hunter more than able to control their men. If your able to then try to get hurn one on one in the square as he much more suited to half back.

Don't let Lynch move up the ground with too much ease, he can kick it to position over 80 meters and once he gets his confidence up he may start trying to kick goals, you never know because he may get lucky and kick a bag.

maybe I'm giving to much away :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind letting Buckley "play on" him and see what damage Buckley can do and see how they react to something pro active and unexpected. There are only so many midfield tags you can run with. It would be better if a general man on man approach was taken and players were still given some licence to attach. If Judd gets away from us we can try a tag. I’d probably brief Holland for Kerr and Licuria for Judd but with both knowing they might swap. Licuria can’t match Judd for pace but you wouldn’t think he could match Akermanis either but he has kept him quiet. I reckon you are kidding yourself if you think you will keep him under wraps all day. You have to beat others and not get belted in the ruck.

Match ups are hard on paper as WCE have the best midfield. But midfielders don't necessarily win the games, so our forwards have to step up another cog, if possible.

Our rotations have worked so well this year, that only Brodie will tag, other will just run off each other probably.

I would love to have Rhyse Shaw back in. I can't help but think about Shaw giving Akermanis a towelling in the wet at the Gabba a couple of year's back. Would be extremely handy and his pace would be perfect for Subiaco.

Is he any chance?

Jie_Hodge said:
Just got a suggestion you guys can shut me down on it if you want but just could be a good idea.

Instead of putting a very hard tag on judd first up why not just play one on one football and put an attacking player on him and hope his opponent hurts them more going the other way.

Juddy, you're a sly bugger, but shouldn't you be preparing for the game rather than posting on internet message boards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who to put on Judd??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back