Who walked out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson is not worth pick 9. But worth more then our second pick. I don't mind Hawthorn trading pick 9 but the Kangas would have to give up more. Maybe Hale + Gibson for pick 9?

Doesnt matter what he is worth, its what someone is prepared to pay. The Hawks have seen Gibbo take on Buddy and like him, and desperately need a key back. Lets wait and see.

to be honest i think the best person from our list who is young and upcoming is Beau Dowler. i think a straight swap for someone you could develop into your main KPF for the future would be a good straight swap. in the last part of last season he stepped up a lot, he may be held back when injured players of ours come back so a move could be good for him and north as well....

thoughts....

he was also a first round pick who has developed physically

Sorry but even though Dowler is a first rounder, I don't rate him. Nobody would want to go to games to watch him play.
Pick 9 is probably too high, pick 25 is too low. But considering how well you did off us on the Hay and Thompson deals, pick 9 is probably not that far off the mark.

Sorry but even though Dowler is a first rounder, I don't rate him. Nobody would want to go to games to watch him play.
Pick 9 is probably too high, pick 25 is too low. But considering how well you did off us on the Hay and Thompson deals, pick 9 is probably not that far off the mark.
i understand North have traded badly with Hawthorn in the past, but past trades cant come into thinking when it comes to present trades. everything has to be case by case, Dowler may not draw you crouds but he may win you games. pick 9 could be a dud who never plays a game.... Dowler you get a guy who can play at the level and is improving

Yeah whatever. I always saw Gibson as our own version of Brodie Holland...Would rather be photographed in the celebrity section of the Herald Sun than be on the front page of the sports pages.

This will free up a bit of room in the backline for someone like Pratt (who will hopefully rebound next season) or JWS.

Obst will be loving these developments!

Can't wait to see Robbie Taz kick a bag on the hack next season.

Go Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i understand North have traded badly with Hawthorn in the past, but past trades cant come into thinking when it comes to present trades.

Yeah and when you line up against a team after they flogged you or laid out one of your stars it doesn't count either just ask Campbell Brown.

i understand North have traded badly with Hawthorn in the past, but past trades cant come into thinking when it comes to present trades. everything has to be case by case, Dowler may not draw you crouds but he may win you games. pick 9 could be a dud who never plays a game.... Dowler you get a guy who can play at the level and is improving

I know, but surely it would be at the back of the clubs mind how much you robbed us last time. Personally, I'd take pick 9 over dowler.
He's alright, but he's a third string forward, we already have too many of those.

I know, but surely it would be at the back of the clubs mind how much you robbed us last time. Personally, I'd take pick 9 over dowler.
He's alright, but he's a third string forward, we already have too many of those.
He's a 3rd string forward behind buddy and roughie..... you will be losing jones in a year or so... i think he would make a good fit. In the last uncomprimised draft i dont see us giving up pick 9 for anything less than a gun. Gibson isnt this and as many north fans are saying he is your 3rd defender anyway

keep on track, its not that difficult... im not trolling so no need for you to!!!

Was merely pointing out that the trade disasters that we have had with the Hawks in the past will play some role even if only to make them more cautious with dealing with your club.

I'm shattered.

I spoke to him at a bushfire fundraising day, he was very rude.

I still defended him, and he's been one of my favourite players.

Dog.

Explains why he wants to leave. Obviously didn't fit our culture. And maybe now we can reveal the truth about the bathroom incident.:D Though we'd best hurry before he ends up at Injunction Football Club.

Explains why he wants to leave. Obviously didn't fit our culture. And maybe now we can reveal the truth about the bathroom incident.:D Though we'd best hurry before he ends up at Injunction Football Club.

Soap not the deciding factor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who walked out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back