Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

In every other sport you go with most seconds, and if they're equal its most thirds etc

Not exactly rocket science and this is getting weirder, this denial that 2nd is better than 3rd or even last 😆 whole point of this thread is who finishes HIGHER 😆 🤣 😂
Ok, so now you’re the greatest club cause you have 16 premierships and you’ve lost 27 Grand Final? Righty O.

You’re twisting the discussion to suit your narrative.

Poster said there’s 3 teams with the same amount of Premiership and how do you separate them? I threw up some alternate suggestions to his, which is grand finals played etc. etc.

On reflection, you can’t seperate them, we’re all on 16… but you’re new to the dais, so I understand you’re still trying to comprehend it.
Hang on, now you're claiming you threw up alternatives, like GF's played, yet claim playing in a GF is a failure.:confusedv1:

And in the same post claim club's performances can't be separated. :confusedv1:

Yeah I brought up GF's, finals won and finals played, not you lol.

You brought up individual awards, which is not a measure of team performance.

Yes we have 3 clubs on the same number and have been in the competition the same amount of time.

So, how do you separate them? What's the next best metric? Obviously that's GF's

Or do you believe, like some blose fans here, that spoons or bottom of the ladder is a better metric 'coz at least we didn't lose the grand final?'
Head to Head

All: 129 - 132
Finals: 14 - 8
Grand Finals: 5 - 1

I’ll take our record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we have 3 clubs on the same number and have been in the competition the same amount of time.

So, how do you separate them? What's the next best metric? Obviously that's GF's

Or do you believe, like some blose fans here, that spoons or bottom of the ladder is a better metric 'coz at least we didn't lose the grand final?'
No one has ever argued that coming last is better than coming second - the argument is tad more sophisticated than that - probably above your paygrade..... so I will spell it out ( again)

It makes no difference in finals system where you finish if you don't finish first - there are no prizes for second as there are no prizes for last- they are the same thing- didn't win.

If you want to invent some system that suits you and jeelps you sleep better at night go right ahead and do it- but dont expect grown-ups to nod their heads and and pat themselves on the back and say - yeah I lost later than others lost so I am a winner.

That is a nonsense pure and simple.

eg Carlton finished 3rd if you include finals or 5th if you don't - I DONT CARE as far as the big picture goes- Collingwood WON 2023 and Carlton didn't. Collingwood was the ONLY winner in 2023 - everyone else LOST.

There are no prizes for second or last or anywhere in between - except in the idle minds of nuffydom.

No one has ever argued that coming last is better than coming second - the argument is tad more sophisticated than that - probably above your paygrade..... so I will spell it out ( again)

It makes no difference in finals system where you finish if you don't finish first - there are no prizes for second as there are no prizes for last- they are the same thing- didn't win.

If you want to invent some system that suits you and jeelps you sleep better at night go right ahead and do it- but dont expect grown-ups to nod their heads and and pat themselves on the back and say - yeah I lost later than others lost so I am a winner.

That is a nonsense pure and simple.

eg Carlton finished 3rd if you include finals or 5th if you don't - I DONT CARE as far as the big picture goes- Collingwood WON 2023 and Carlton didn't. Collingwood was the ONLY winner in 2023 - everyone else LOST.

There are no prizes for second or last or anywhere in between - except in the idle minds of nuffydom.
Deny all you want.

Whatever jeelps you sleep better at night.

Deny all you want.

Whatever jeelps you sleep better at night.
llets agree to disagree - and now you know ( again) why a laugh at the but but we lost a heap more times after everyone else did so we is betta

LOL

Nuffydom would try to suggest that Brisbane were no better than North Melbourne in 2023...
but that isn't the argument or debate is it?

Brisbane played well enough to not win last year - that IS the argument. Who they finished higher than in some imaginary ladder that no one cares about is moot.

but that isn't the argument or debate is it?

Brisbane played well enough to not win last year - that IS the argument. Who they finished higher than in some imaginary ladder that no one cares about is moot.
Seems like you're just as happy with finishing bottom as you are with playing in GF's.

Is that why the 5 spoons of late are defended so hard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back