Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plenty of need for that, you guys talk about the ladder a lot, time you found out how it actually works 😁

Just for that, there will be plenty more talk about that in the coming weeks. :p

That is the saddest interpretation of the finals system I've EVER seen 🤣 absolutely NO IDEA

My old man (who, despite not being that old) relies on me to organize tickets for everything, as if he's incapable of logging on to the internet.

When we hit form last year, actually I think after we made the PF, he calls me just assuming I was all over obtaining GF tickets if we needed them. Conversation was word for word over the phone:

"mate, have you got GF tickets if we need? We're MCC so you should've gone in the ballot a few months ago"
"No, Dad - how the **** would I have known to do that?"
"you're kidding, how can you not be organized like that? that's how the GF tickets work, I can't believe you don't know this"

"dad, what the actual **** would I know about the process to get GF tickets? I've never seen past an elimination final win, I was 7 years old in 1999"
"good point"

In St Kilda's premiership year, Carlton didn't even make the finals are were beaten by them by 53 points in their home and away match.

What does that say about Carlton?
Wow! Pies are first of the losers in '66 🤣 Go you! Talk about scraping the barrel. What a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My old man (who, despite not being that old) relies on me to organize tickets for everything, as if he's incapable of logging on to the internet.

When we hit form last year, actually I think after we made the PF, he calls me just assuming I was all over obtaining GF tickets if we needed them. Conversation was word for word over the phone:

"mate, have you got GF tickets if we need? We're MCC so you should've gone in the ballot a few months ago"
"No, Dad - how the **** would I have known to do that?"
"you're kidding, how can you not be organized like that? that's how the GF tickets work, I can't believe you don't know this"

"dad, what the actual **** would I know about the process to get GF tickets? I've never seen past an elimination final win, I was 7 years old in 1999"
"good point"
Touching story. Brought a tear to my eye...

You guys brought up 1966 not us

Dismal 6th placed finishing, Blues just lay down that year and let the Saints win a flag
I'm not going to feel bad about about finishing 6th in '66. We've collected 8 cups since then to Pies' 3. It's 2024 and it's game on for 17th. Pies fans should have the squirts if they meet the Blues in the Granny this year.

Last edited:
Just checking in rye Fadge Elijah Hollands still a D grade VFL player?
A future 3rd round pick we gave up while Pies gave up a 2nd and future 1st for Shultz, everything is going our way especially the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back