Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well all jokes about kidGOAT aside- I've been a huge fan of Pendelbury for ever, - 400 games at the level he plays is something very very special and how important has he been to your mob for so long- my three favourite players at Collingwood Pendelbury /Sidebottom and that 'kent' Elliott :p cant wait till they retire and I wish they would hurry up FFS!!!
We should let Pendles play for as long as he wants.

Tomorrow will be his 23rd win against Carlton...dont reckon many players can say they have played in 20+ wins against Carlton!!

We should let Pendles play for as long as he wants.

Tomorrow will be his 23rd win against Carlton...dont reckon many players can say they have played in 20+ wins against Carlton!!
IMO - Collingwood supporters cant thank Pendelbury and his crew enough for what he has done for the Club - the bloke is an onfield coach and tactician whilst playing his rile reallywell at teh same time - irreplaceable- of course he should play as long as he can.

IMO - Collingwood supporters cant thank Pendelbury and his crew enough for what he has done for the Club - the bloke is an onfield coach and tactician whilst playing his rile reallywell at teh same time - irreplaceable- of course he should play as long as he can.
Be great to see him chalk up 25 wins over the Baggers in 2025.

But this thread is about 2024, a loss tomorrow would be Patty Cripps 13th loss against the dirty birds.

Be great to see him chalk up 25 wins over the Baggers in 2025.

But this thread is about 2024, a loss tomorrow would be Patty Cripps 13th loss against the dirty birds.
Mate- I hit a golf ball 270 meters off the blacks at NSW and when I want a little more- I just put a Collingwood jumper on the golf ball. Nothing you loutish dirty birds could ever say would make me do anything except laugh. Carlton has always been and will always be a better Club than Collingwood.

Mate- I hit a golf ball 270 meters off the blacks at NSW and when I want a little more- I just put a Collingwood jumper on the golf ball. Nothing you loutish dirty birds could ever say would make me do anything except laugh. Carlton has always been and will always be a better Club than Collingwood.
Cute that you named your fav golf club Carlton.

Even less relevant to this thread than when crusty old Baggers boast about ancient VFL history.

Why do you constantly talk about your golfing endeavours?

Noone gives a rat's tossbag.

Off beat ramblings. A man stuck like a shopping bag in a two-way breeze. Collingwood or Carlton 2024 - who knows; please answer - all wee see is a man deflecting. Carlton 16th, the abacus says no. Needs validation, but why? "Prosperity" he says. Hmm. A wondrous amount of laughter.

"Rationale"

"Wonderful"

It seems I am having a great time.

Sorry, just my attempt at an Arr0w word salad. There's about 100 of them in here.

Off beat ramblings. A man stuck like a shopping bag in a two-way breeze. Collingwood or Carlton 2024 - who knows; please answer - all wee see is a man deflecting. Carlton 16th, the abacus says no. Needs validation, but why? "Prosperity" he says. Hmm. A wondrous amount of laughter.

"Rationale"

"Wonderful"

It seems I am having a great time.

Sorry, just my attempt at an Arr0w word salad. There's about 100 of them in here.

Saved me the trouble actually

Picture it Fudgey - the sun shining just over the horizon, the surf crashing over the rocks clear blue skies a gentle breeze blowing left to right a Titleist on tee and a one wood arcing through the air about to hit the ball at a Club head speed of 120mph - generating ball speed of over 140MPH - SMACK. Now imaging if you were teh golf ball.

OUCHIWOWAH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Pendlebury’s 400th tonight.

Let’s celebrate the milestone of a great player tonight. The record is in sight Scott, you can’t stop now. Blow passed it. Two more years.

How many are in Carlton’s side?
You have 18 Premiership players i
I didn't think it was possible to laugh any harder, viewing this thread, as the season progressed

From the start of the year, when the draw was published, that the Pies would go B2B and us finishing 13th, 16th, etc

Now, apparently when we make finals and the Pies don't, if we lose in an elimination final (might have the double chance), then the Pies are

The old Carlton trick, of celebrating not even making a GF in the 21st century as it means they aint lost any!!

Brilliance.

2024 relevance, Carlton have an active 25 year streak with no GF appearances.

Good luck stretching your run to 50 years, so you can still drop the same boring irrelevant lines about since 1910. 👍👍
You wish 😉

Only 270m? Time for some lessons.

Cute that you named your fav golf club Carlton.

Even less relevant to this thread than when crusty old Baggers boast about ancient VFL history.
VFL History and AFL History are the same thing, the same competition has been played for 128 years. Yes, it's all relevant, even your sole victory against us in a GF in 1910

VFL History and AFL History are the same thing, the same competition has been played for 128 years. Yes, it's all relevant, even your sole victory against us in a GF in 1910
Before that the VFA was the top tier competition where Carlton won 6 flags to the Pies 1.

I'm suprised to see Pies supporters behaving like that. It's normally fans of the interstate clubs who claim that the old VFL is different to the modern-day AFL.

It's the same competition but it decided to go national. The old VFA was different/separate obviously but VFL/AFL it's the same thing.

Before that the VFA was the top tier competition where Carlton won 6 flags to the Pies 1.
I love the History of the rivalry between Carlton and Collingwood, it's what makes it the biggest in the league.

If it wasn't for Carlton, Collingwood would never played ion the VFA, by extension they wouldn't be playing in the AFL Today;

In 1864, the Carlton Football Club was established, and in 1877, they were one of the founding clubs of the Victorian Football Association. In 1892, the Collingwood Football Club was established and admitted to the Association.

Once the VFA agreed to accept Collingwood's bid to join, it was realised that Collingwood had only scheduled 17 matches, when a minimum of 18 was required to qualify for the premiership. Collingwood looked unlikely to be eligible for the premiership in the upcoming VFA season until Carlton's club secretary, Jack Melville, cancelled a scheduled match with South Ballarat and instead scheduled an extra game against Collingwood.[5]

On 7 May 1892, at Victoria Park, Collingwood and Carlton faced off for the first time, in Collingwood's first-ever VFA match. Carlton won the match by one goal, 3.13 to 2.11.
[6]

I'm suprised to see Pies supporters behaving like that. It's normally fans of the interstate clubs who claim that the old VFL is different to the modern-day AFL.

It's the same competition but it decided to go national. The old VFA was different/separate obviously but VFL/AFL it's the same thing.
100%, all that changed was the name of the league.

I just dont see that there was a change to an 'AFL Era' at all, the VFL changed its name to the AFL, what was known as VFL History became AFL History, therefore the AFL Competition started in 1897 (under a different name).

There is no start point of a new competition starting in 1990 or at any other time, It's not what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back