Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to get fairdinkum, the need to cut loose Marchbank, Martin, Cunningham , Young , both Durdins, and one of Williams or Fantasia.
These player types that are always injured for a good half season each one of them - can bugger off. Its not as if there any any world beaters amongst that group.

Number 1 area that needs to be addressed, injury prone types need to be cut by half as a minimum end of this year

So it goes on ladder position, that stance hasn't changed in this type of thread in 3 seasons
How is ladder position relevant to anything? Are you suggesting that a team that finishes higher has performed better? And therefore that the historical aggregation of ladder positions sorted from 1st onwards would determine the best performed team over history?

How is ladder position relevant to anything? Are you suggesting that a team that finishes higher has performed better? And therefore that the historical aggregation of ladder positions sorted from 1st onwards would determine the best performed team over history?

No, haven't suggested any of that

This thread and the previous 2, are merely a side show of who finishes higher than the other

You know what I was honestly thinking?

'If this goes through, the roofs will be lifted off of these grandstands'.

Even though I would assume Collingwood supporters outnumbered Carlton supporters due to Pendlebury's 400th, you blokes were so much louder as a result of more than two decades of pent up misery and frustration, and the noise when Carlton got to within a kick was deafening.

As the whinging Carlton supporter behind me stated - it was season on the line stuff. Kick it and top 4 likely/top 2 within reach.

Miss and improbable that you make top 4 now.

Alas, it wasn't to be...

You still had a Carlton supporter next to you? The 4 next me were so soft they left at the 20 minute mark 😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 1 area that needs to be addressed, injury prone types need to be cut by half as a minimum end of this year
We have a few of those. De Goey this year, Mcstay for his entire 2 years with us, and the older boys like Howe, Sidey and Cox all spend time out.

There's room for classy blokes who can guest star for some important games.

It's a fairpoint though bad we're prolly in the same boat with a few too many.

The 2022 Blueshake was a great vintage, will be hard to top.

The 2024 Blueshake needs additional losses to Hawks and Saints to be in same class.

Who is a 2024 Blueshake believer?
Speaking of Blueshakes, I went out for some impromptu Italian tonight and they had Blue Heaven Milkshakes on the menu.

I couldn't resist.

20240804_182819.jpg

If they want to get fairdinkum, the need to cut loose Marchbank, Martin, Cunningham , Young , both Durdins, and one of Williams or Fantasia.
These player types that are always injured for a good half season each one of them - can bugger off. Its not as if there any any world beaters amongst that group.
This is exactly what I've been saying about Carlton for the last 5 years.

Good to see you finally catching on.

Interesting question.

Given we've been told ad infinitum 'flags are all that matters'...

We have a few of those. De Goey this year, Mcstay for his entire 2 years with us, and the older boys like Howe, Sidey and Cox all spend time out.

There's room for classy blokes who can guest star for some important games.

It's a fairpoint though bad we're prolly in the same boat with a few too many.
None of the players you have mentioned have been that injury prone in the past

A guy like Marchbank has been in the casualty ward since he was 16

Dumb list management

4 Disposals
1 goal from a mark that wasn't a mark
1 goal from a free kick that was a flop.

Big game player!
Great point, imagine how good Carltank would be if they had a forward who got an armchair ride from umpires like this!

Take a deep breath.
We got smashed in the ruck and our forwards didn't fire yet only lost by a kick. The list is still a work in progress from when Voss took over 2 years ago. We will be okay. All is not lost

Isn’t this season 3 with him at the helm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back