Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome.

Means we'd give Fremantle a higher draft pick.

That's the thing about our great football club... always there to assist those less fortunate than ourselves...
Indeed including even gifting Carlton five flags in grand finals!:laughv1:

Oh, so you turn it around like that?

I have consistently indicated the use of betting agency odds are (generally) a reasonable indicator, and can (generally) be used to estimate the probability of an event based on the data available at that point in time.

In the case of Carlton missing the finals, if their quoted odds are $1.01, then that can be converted to a 1% to 2% (to account for margin) probability.

You've consistently scoffed at that rationale, without offering an alternate approach.

So....with rationale:

Probability of Carlton missing the finals?

Probability of Carlton making top 4?

Probability of Carlton winning the flag?

Cripps Brownlow.

Curnow Coleman.

Go.

All you want is an opinion or a guess dressed up as a number - I have as much interest in that kind of onanism as taking flat earthers seriously.

You've scored enough free bandwidth - now buz off.

All you want is an opinion or a guess dressed up as a number - I have as much interest in that kind of onanism as taking flat earthers seriously.

You've scored enough free bandwidth - now buz off.
Of course there's an opinion element, or an assessment, or whatever you want to call it, to any probability relating to sporting events.

Unless, of course, you think that for every team who are still a mathematical probability of winning the premiership are as likely as each other to do so.

So let's dismiss Richmond, North and West Coast. Every other team is now a 1 in 15 chance to win the flag?

Last edited:
Of course there's an opinion element to any probability relating to sporting events.

Unless, of course, you think that for every team who are still a mathematical probability of winning the premiership are as likely as each other to do so.

So let's dismiss Richmond, North and West Coast. Every other team is now a 1 in 15 chance to win the flag?

15 teams that can win the flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton may well finish higher on the ladder than the Pies in 2024 🤷🏻‍♂️, but unless they too can win the flag then Collingwood would still be considered better. IMHO.
Thanks mate.. glad a Richmond supporter could contribute they're take. I hear the Nobel Prize Council is seeking the thoughts of Richmond fans for more astute analysis.

Of course there's an opinion element, or an assessment, or whatever you want to call it, to any probability relating to sporting events.

Didn't you say once upon a time that you have to finish in the top 2, that would mean that only 2 teams have a chance.

Suggest you both comprehend the discussion.

And no, I never said that, Robertio.
I think you said last season that you had to finish in the top two to give yourself the best chance and you may have said it on multiple occasions.

I think you said last season that you had to finish in the top two to give yourself the best chance and you may have said it on multiple occasions.
I did say that you give yourself the BEST chance by finishing in the top 2, yes.

But I have never said only the top 2 teams have a chance, as your original post suggested...

I did say that you give yourself the BEST chance by finishing in the top 2, yes.

But I have never said only the top 2 teams have a chance, as your original post suggested...
Now you're giving 15 teams a chance, hasn't got something to do with Carlton being in the top 2 at the moment has it? Something tells me that if Collingwood were in the top two you'd be saying something different.

I was hoping this place would be swarming full of toothless supporters after my teams valiant and chivalrous defeat. All i see is a man who claims to have a social life but secretly plays with his abacus, trying to predict how Carlton can finish 16th. What a big disappointment.

If you are including 15 teams in your data set, then you believe 15 teams are a chance to win the flag

You really do backtrack
As I've now said three times comprehend the discussion.

I'll give you a clue:
When a question mark is used, it is generally a question.
When a full stop is used, it is generally a statement.

As I've now said three times comprehend the discussion.

I'll give you a clue:
When a question mark is used, it is generally a question.
When a full stop is used, it is generally a statement.
Why you keep telling people to comprehend the discussion when you don't even answer a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back