Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it’s hard to argue with, BUT you never know 😉
Our boys have the talent, i just hope they have it between the ears now! Success in sport is about having the mental ability and capacity to get the job done as much as the physical imo.

I guess time will tell on this comment, given the team that were second on the ladder and second favourites for the premiership at the same stage of 2023 didn't end up contending for the flag...
Lol, still dwelling on the past I see. You obviously think this same scenario is going to play out the same way again and again , and again, and again..

Lol, still dwelling on the past I see. You obviously think this same scenario is going to play out the same way again and again , and again, and again..
No, not at all.

History has shown that we can't assume any team will contend for the premiership, until they actually contend for the premiership.

I know as a Carlton supporter, you have been starved of that label, and you're desperate to be seen as a 'premiership contender', but you do risk getting ahead of yourself....

No, not at all.

History has shown that we can't assume any team will contend for the premiership, until they actually contend for the premiership.

I know as a Carlton supporter, you have been starved of that label, and you're desperate to be seen as a 'premiership contender', but you do risk getting ahead of yourself....
I'm not desperate. Been to and witnessed more than my fair share of flags. If Carlton happen to win more whilst I'm still on this planet, well thats just gravy on top for me.

No, not at all.

We want to be premiership winners not contenders!

I guess time will tell on this comment, given the team that were second on the ladder and second favourites for the premiership at the same stage of 2023 didn't end up contending for the flag...

By your own logic, Collingwood aren’t contending for a flag, at your current (9th) ladder position, in 2024 because the club in 9th position at the same stage of 2023 didn’t end up contending for the flag…

By your own logic, Collingwood aren’t contending for a flag, at your current (9th) ladder position, in 2024 because the club in 9th position at the same stage of 2023 didn’t end up contending for the flag…
I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but noone has contended for the premiership yet in 2024.

I'll let you know who the contenders were once clubs have actually contended for the premiership.

I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but noone has contended for the premiership yet in 2024.

I'll let you know who the contenders were once clubs have actually contended for the premiership.

It’s BigFooty, so I predict another 78 times before that “Oh, now I understand you!” moment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who the current contenders?

Oh boy.

Seems as though we have to go through this again....

Who were the premiership contenders in 2023?

What about 2022?

Let's use the most recent two seasons as case studies...

Sides are only contending, when Fadge says they are . He is the gatekeeper on this matter
I guess it depends on whether you want to be logical and accurate when determining who the premiership contenders in a given year are/were, or not...

I mean, let's circle back to this time last year.

Would many people have included GWS as a premiership contender?

Would many people have said Port Adelaide weren't a premiership contender?

It really is quite simple, but I guess it comes from the experience of regularly watching finals series' play out, inside of losing interest and moving on to reviewing the draft boards for November.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on whether you want to be logical and accurate when determining who the premiership contenders in a given year are/were, or not...

I mean, let's circle back to this time last year.

Would many people have included GWS as a premiership contender?

Would many people have said Port Adelaide weren't a premiership contender?

It really is quite simple, but I guess it comes from the experience of regularly watching finals series' play out, inside of losing interest and moving on to reviewing the draft boards for November.
Talk about losing interest there's hardly any Pie supporters in here the last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back