Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect.

Premiership contenders are those that actually contend for the premiership.

All we're doing now is seeing teams position themselves for the chance to contend for the premiership - some will have what it takes in September to do so, whilst others will fall away without contending.

Look, I understand how difficult a concept is for you guys to grasp given your relative inexperience with the current finals system - I mean, some of you are still working out which ladder positions play one another in the Qualifying Finals, and how the route to the Preliminary Finals work - but you'll start to understand it one day...
It would seem that you are incapable of actually understanding the meaning of the word contender as actually defined.

Oh well it seems that you are unable to understand that words have accepted meaning and you are just going to make your own so their really isn't much point discussing the matter further.

It would seem that you are incapable of actually understanding the meaning of the word contender as actually defined.

Oh well it seems that you are unable to understand that words have accepted meaning and you are just going to make your own so their really isn't much point discussing the matter further.
Nah, all good.

You've nominated 15 teams as contenders as at round 17, including Adelaide and St. Kilda.

Appreciate your input!

Google Dictionary Defintition

contender
/kənˈtɛndə/

noun
plural noun: contenders

1. a person or group competing with others to achieve something.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

At the start of the season every club is contending of course.

Once the final eight is finalised - then they are left contending.

One in a GF then those two are contending.

It’s pretty simple really.

Anything else is a mere Fludgellation.

What fadge is really avoiding, is not nominating Carlton as a contender, while wanting to nominate the Pies as part of a group of contenders

So, he nominates no one

You must be lost. The 2023 thread is somewhere else on this board

What are you talking about. I was mocking people who say ‘oh we are a contender’. It’s ridiculous. Either you win the flag or you don’t. That is all that counts. I think people try to convince themselves they are a contender. It is the first sign of panic and the fist sign that the Blueshakes are coming. You know deep inside you can’t win the flag. You know you will crumble when the heat lifts. We all know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you talking about. I was mocking people who say ‘oh we are a contender’. It’s ridiculous. Either you win the flag or you don’t. That is all that counts. I think people try to convince themselves they are a contender. It is the first sign of panic and the fist sign that the Blueshakes are coming. You know deep inside you can’t win the flag. You know you will crumble when the heat lifts. We all know that.
I looked up Colliwobbles in google it brought up some interesting reading - its a thing
Couldn't find anything relating to Carlton and blueshakes - there was no correlation.
It's cute you made a word that hasn't taken off like the colliwobbles have. Points for trying

Last edited:
I looked up Colliwobbles in google it brought upnsone interesting reading - its a thing
Couldn't find anything relating to Carlton and blueshakes - there was no correlation.
It's cute you made a word that hasn't taken off like the colliwobbles have. Points for trying

Hmmmm.

Pretty sure not even the most optimistic of North Melbourne and West Coast supporters would have entered the 2024 season considering their team a premiership contender...

I looked up Colliwobbles in google it brought upnsone interesting reading - its a thing

It’s cute we have won two that’s this millennium and you have won none. The Blueshakes are real and you know it. The fear burns deep inside you. You know you will crumble when it counts. We all do.

This is getting interesting.

Under Carlton supporters' definition of 'Premiership Contention', Carlton and Collingwood have been 'Premiership Contenders' every year since the turn of the century.

Under my definition of 'Premiership Contention', Collingwood have been 'Premiership Contenders' on 9 occasions - 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2018, 2019, 2022 and 2023. Carlton, none.

I wonder who has a better appreciation of what constitutes a premiership contender?

Last edited:
What a load of tripe.

Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back