Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh.

So there were 18 contenders are the start of the season, and we're down to 15 contenders now?

Arr0w - please note, that was a QUESTION, not a statement...
Going by the actual definition of the word - yes.

Going by your definition I am not sure any teams are currently in contention. Maybe only the Collingwood.

You haven't really specified what Contention means, only that Carlton weren't/aren't in contention and then talk in riddles when pressed on the matter.

Going by the actual definition of the word - yes.
That's quite funny. And wrong.

You haven't really specified what Contention means, only that Carlton weren't/aren't in contention and then talk in riddles when pressed on the matter.
I have shared my views on what constitutes a premiership contender many times in many threads.

Still waiting for someone to respond to my earlier question re: who were the contenders in 2023 and 2022.

Why don't you have a crack?

Who gives a fat rats toss bag who is in contention or not. The only think that matters is a Premiership. Anything else is a failure. Trust me, I know. if you finish runner up you will cop more flak than any team that finishes well below you. Carlton best be hoping their sustained years of finals failures don’t continue and the Blueshakes don’t cripple them again because hell is awaiting them.

I have shared my views on what constitutes a premiership contender many times in many threads.

Still waiting for someone to respond to my earlier question re: who were the contenders in 2023 and 2022.

Pretty simple by the actual definition - 18 teams until they weren't.

How about you let us know who you think were the contenders instead of talking in riddles. Your views on Contenders is as always vague and lacking in detail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop deflecting, who are the flag contenders for 2024

It's okay to say "I have no clue"
Yeah, despite having gone down this path many times, in multiple threads, and being very clear with my views (including literally listing every premiership contender in every year since 2000), I'm 'deflecting'...

I've already given my stance on when the premiership contenders can be determined - which is the time at which they are contending for the premiership - so it is you guys who are deflecting.

How ridiculous is it to say we start the season with 18 premiership contenders, and a team is a contender until they're no longer in contention...

Yeah, despite having gone down this path many times, in multiple threads, and being very clear with my views (including literally listing every premiership contender in every year since 2000), I'm 'deflecting'...

I've already given my stance on when the premiership contenders can be determined - which is the time at which they are contending for the premiership - so it is you guys who are deflecting.

How ridiculous is it to say we start the season with 18 premiership contenders, and a team is a contender until they're no longer in contention...
So what you are actually saying is, you have no idea which teams are current contenders

That is a circular definition. Contenders are teams contending. Once again you fail to define a what a contender is.

So it would seem by your definition, as far as I can make out, is that the only contenders are the 2 teams playing in the Grand Final (or teams that you deem capable of winning the GF maybe) and until that point no one is in contention.

That is not the actual definition of the word as previous posted for your education.

That is a circular definition. Contenders are teams contending. Once again you fail to define a what a contender is.

So it would seem by your definition, as far as I can make out, is that the only contenders are the 2 teams playing in the Grand Final (or teams that you deem capable of winning the GF maybe) and until that point no one is in contention.

That is not the actual definition of the word as previous posted for your education.
Incorrect.

Premiership contenders are those that actually contend for the premiership.

All we're doing now is seeing teams position themselves for the chance to contend for the premiership - some will have what it takes in September to do so, whilst others will fall away without contending.

Look, I understand how difficult a concept is for you guys to grasp given your relative inexperience with the current finals system - I mean, some of you are still working out which ladder positions play one another in the Qualifying Finals, and how the route to the Preliminary Finals work - but you'll start to understand it one day...

Your dwelling.....

So, in relation to 2024.....

Carlton posters - who are the premiership contenders?

Sector 7G says we currently have 15 premiership contenders.

Any other offers?
Anyone in the top 8 at the moment.

Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back