Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one Pie I can’t see how he can justify playing on next year is Jeremy Howe. As old as the hills & has clearly lost a step. Not terrible as a forward, but he’s not in their best 6 forwards for me (McStay, Cox/Kreuger, Mihocek, Elliott, Hill, Lipinski/De Goey rotating mid spot). But he’s been beaten on the lead all year as a backman. Need to move past him. He’s not getting faster, stronger, fitter now. Utilise the list spot.

And this here is the problem with you guys and why being at the bottom for so long has played with your minds.

To you finishing higher on the ladder is considered a win.
To us it was holding the Cup in the air after the most recent GF.

As we are the reining Premiers, there are 17 other clubs (including Carlton) who would love to be us.
Sorry my friend but Carlton haven't won shit.
I know this is hard for you toothless fans to understand, but you are on a banter thread where the topic of discussion is who will finish higher. I am simply stating that Carlton has won. It's over, Carlton is the better team this year.

No i would not love to be the team who has the most grand final losses in history, and has lost the most grand finals to Carlton. Always and forever in our shadows, now sit my little toothless peasant.

The one Pie I can’t see how he can justify playing on next year is Jeremy Howe. As old as the hills & has clearly lost a step. Not terrible as a forward, but he’s not in their best 6 forwards for me (McStay, Cox/Kreuger, Mihocek, Elliott, Hill, Lipinski/De Goey rotating mid spot). But he’s been beaten on the lead all year as a backman. Need to move past him. He’s not getting faster, stronger, fitter now. Utilise the list spot.
Most of our defenders have been poor in 2024 compared to 2023 - Moore, IQ, Maynard and Howe - all down.

A bit of that (IMHO) was the loss of Murphy, but more obvious is the overall drop off in pressure up the ground. Hving an aggressive back six that zone off and want to intercept doesnt work when teams have been just doing as they please through the middle.

Of our 4 33+ year players, Howe and Sidey would be the two I would move on if going that route.

Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Most of our defenders have been poor in 2024 compared to 2023 - Moore, IQ, Maynard and Howe - all down.

A bit of that (IMHO) was the loss of Murphy, but more obvious is the overall drop off in pressure up the ground. Hving an aggressive back six that zone off and want to intercept doesnt work when teams have been just doing as they please through the middle.

Of our 4 33+ year players, Howe and Sidey would be the two I would move on if going that route.
Is there any point playing any of the 30+ yr old players if you are a bottom 6 team. Pies need to get games into the younger players to see what they are made of.

Hawks and Tigers delayed their rebuilds 2 years by over rating their lists. It will be interesting to see if the Pies continue to do the same after trading out their first for this year for a role player.

I know this is hard for you toothless fans to understand, but you are on a banter thread where the topic of discussion is who will finish higher. I am simply stating that Carlton has won. It's over, Carlton is the better team this year.

No i would not love to be the team who has the most grand final losses in history, and has lost the most grand finals to Carlton. Always and forever in our shadows, now sit my little toothless peasant.
Little man, the fact that you would rather cast your mind back to when Jesus was a child and you beat Collingwood in a GF and feel that that is more relevant than winning the most recent GF, says a lot about you teams lack of success in the past quarter of a century.
The fact that finishing higher on the ladder than Collingwood means more to you, than actually winning the GF (or in your case at least getting to it), shows that we live rent free in that simple mind of yours.

Now I may go and watch the replay of my team winning the flag.
I would suggest that you should do the same but the VHS recording may be a bit grainy :p

Little man, the fact that you would rather cast your mind back to when Jesus was a child and you beat Collingwood in a GF and feel that that is more relevant than winning the most recent GF, says a lot about you teams lack of success in the past quarter of a century.
The fact that finishing higher on the ladder than Collingwood means more to you, than actually winning the GF (or in your case at least getting to it), shows that we live rent free in that simple mind of yours.

Now I may go and watch the replay of my team winning the flag.
I would suggest that you should do the same but the VHS recording may be a bit grainy :p
Mate it's the thread title, most of you Pie fans are seemingly having trouble understanding that.

Is there any point playing any of the 30+ yr old players if you are a bottom 6 team. Pies need to get games into the younger players to see what they are made of.
Results could still have Pies 1 game off 5th at the end of R20 with 4 games left to play.

Hawks and Tigers delayed their rebuilds 2 years by over rating their lists. It will be interesting to see if the Pies continue to do the same after trading out their first for this year for a role player.
Hawks look to be going along just fine. After winning premierships, they were top4 in 2018, 9th in 2019 and then four seasons down the bottom and are back playing finals.

Tigers too early to tell.

Much better than some clubs who go full scorched earth rebuild and spend 10 uears outside of finals.

Remember how everyone wrote the Pies off at the end of 2021. We didn't have an early picks recently either, just used list management options available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results could still have Pies 1 game off 5th at the end of R20 with 4 games left to play.

Hawks look to be going along just fine. After winning premierships, they were top4 in 2018, 9th in 2019 and then four seasons down the bottom and are back playing finals.

Tigers too early to tell.

Much better than some clubs who go full scorched earth rebuild and spend 10 uears outside of finals.

Remember how everyone wrote the Pies off at the end of 2021. We didn't have an early picks recently either, just used list management options available.
Hawks are 9 years without a finals win and counting as they are no guarantee to make finals. The top up lead to them coming 5th out in straight sets in 2018 and not being a genuine contender. Have they got the top end talent to win finals? guess we will find out.

Pies were bad in 21 because they had the life coached out of them and had a run of injuries. Older players were able to get back to playing good footy over the last 2 yrs. Not a lot to replace those older players going on Sundays 2nds game.

Good to see you are confident of a come back next year.

Mate it's the thread title, most of you Pie fans are seemingly having trouble understanding that.
Oh yeah I see it now.
Well the answer is CARLTON will be better in 2024 (well it looks like that at the moment).

As this has only happened ONCE in the past 20 years, I can understand how it would be a big thing for a Carlton supporter and I apologize for not giving it the celebration it obviously deserves.

First Australia wins the Americas Cup, then Carlton finish higher on the ladder than Collingwood.

What will be next?? The anticipation is too much.

I will put it in a simple golf analogy for all you Carlton supporters.
Finishing higher on the ladder is like a par (for you it is a birdy), yet finishing lower is a bogie.
I cant remember my birdies, or bogies, I certainly remember the eagles though because they dont come around as often.

Winning the flag, well that my friend is an eagle.

Carlton are playing a par 5 and you are on the green for two.

I just hope you dont miss the putt and suffer another nothing year.

Oh yeah I see it now.
Well the answer is CARLTON will be better in 2024 (well it looks like that at the moment).

As this has only happened ONCE in the past 20 years, I can understand how it would be a big thing for a Carlton supporter and I apologize for not giving it the celebration it obviously deserves.

First Australia wins the Americas Cup, then Carlton finish higher on the ladder than Collingwood.

What will be next?? The anticipation is too much.

I will put it in a simple golf analogy for all you Carlton supporters.
Finishing higher on the ladder is like a par (for you it is a birdy), yet finishing lower is a bogie.
I cant remember my birdies, or bogies, I certainly remember the eagles though because they dont come around as often.

Winning the flag, well that my friend is an eagle.

Carlton are playing a par 5 and you are on the green for two.

I just hope you dont miss the putt and suffer another nothing year.
Our premiership window is open for a few more years yet where as the Pies have to rebuild with no 1st round pick and Tassie on the horizon and wouldn't Treloar be a great midfield partner for Daicos.

Hawks are 9 years without a finals win and counting as they are no guarantee to make finals. The top up lead to them coming 5th out in straight sets in 2018 and not being a genuine contender. Have they got the top end talent to win finals? guess we will find out.
Oh.

So you referenced how they performed in finals to determine whether or not they were a 'genuine contender'?

Interesting....

Our premiership window is open for a few more years yet where as the Pies have to rebuild with no 1st round pick and Tassie on the horizon and wouldn't Treloar be a great midfield partner for Daicos.
The old 'open premiership window open' theory.

Let me know when it opens for Carlton. It will be entertaining viewing....

Wow you really are clutching at straws. This is the best you got. Player got a smack on the nose said he was fine. Kicked a great goal. Got told he needed to go through a process and got cleared. It is not at all like the Port one where the player was subsequently ruled out of the next game.
Just goes to show the lengths the Carlton Football Club will go to.

Complete disregard for the welfare of their players.

The old 'open premiership window open' theory.

Let me know when it opens for Carlton. It will be entertaining viewing....
We have a better chance from 2nd than Collingwood from 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back