Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show the lengths the Carlton Football Club will go to.

Complete disregard for the welfare of their players.
LOL. Harry said he was right to go and guess what ? It turned out he was and he kicked 2 goals after the knock.

This barracking for a bottom 6 team is making you lose it.

Oh.

So you referenced how they performed in finals to determine whether or not they were a 'genuine contender'?

Interesting....
Comprehension is not your strong point. Maybe supporting a bottom 6 teams is messing with you.

All teams are contenders until they are not. Not all teams are genuine contenders. That word genuine has a meaning and when you add it to the word contender it changes the meaning of a sentence.

Our premiership window is open for a few more years yet where as the Pies have to rebuild with no 1st round pick and Tassie on the horizon and wouldn't Treloar be a great midfield partner for Daicos.
Brisbane's premiership window has been open for 5 years, how has that gone for them?
As much as I may find a purpose for Treloar, letting the likes of him and Grundy go, helped us get that elusive flag.

I was shitty with the club when they did it and if we didn't win the flag last year, our club would be a rabble.
HOWEVER, we did win the flag :thumbsupv1:, soall is forgiven.

I think it is funny, how a supporter base who have won more wooden spoons, than made finals since the turn of the century, has the cheek to try and poke fun at the current premiership team.

We could miss finals for the next 5 years and still be in a better position than Carlton.

But hey Carlton finished higher than Collingwood in 2024.
Imagine if you got knocked out in finals again and as per normal, won nothing

Brisbane's premiership window has been open for 5 years, how has that gone for them?
As much as I may find a purpose for Treloar, letting the likes of him and Grundy go, helped us get that elusive flag.

I was shitty with the club when they did it and if we didn't win the flag last year, our club would be a rabble.

I think it is funny, how a supporter base who have won more wooden spoons, than made finals since the turn of the century, has the cheek to try and poke fun at the current premiership team.

We could miss finals for the next 5 years and still be in a better position than Carlton.

The current premiership team is 13th mate, of course we're going to poke fun at it, because it is funny.

Carlton supporter - I have seen more premierships than you

Collingwood supporter - Stop living in the past . Also we have been better than you for the last 20 years even if we are no good this year.

Hawks are 9 years without a finals win and counting as they are no guarantee to make finals.
Yep, finals are hard to win.
The top up lead to them coming 5th out in straight sets in 2018 and not being a genuine contender. Have they got the top end talent to win finals? guess we will find out.
The genuine contenders are normally identified in hindsight once finals have played out. Finish top4 and usually considered a contender, unless you go out in straight sets...like Melbourne and Port last year.

And last year, at Rd20 not many had any teams outside the top4 as "contenders" as was a clear drop away.

Interested in who you consider the 2024 contenders to be right now.
Pies were bad in 21 because they had the life coached out of them and had a run of injuries. Older players were able to get back to playing good footy over the last 2 yrs. Not a lot to replace those older players going on Sundays 2nds game.

Good to see you are confident of a come back next year.
Never as bad or as good as people make out.

Our senior core in the 24-29 range are the ones who have stagnated most in 2024 - Moore, DeGoey, McStay, J.Daicos, Maynard, Schultz, Quaynor, B.Hill, Lipinski. The only player who has improved from 2023 to 2024 is probably Darcy Cameron.

It aint the veterans who are the problem (IMHO).

LOL. Harry said he was right to go and guess what ? It turned out he was and he kicked 2 goals after the knock.

This barracking for a bottom 6 team is making you lose it.
Is there a HIA process that needs to be followed in all circumstances, or isn't there?

'But there player who was involved in the head clash said he was right to go...'

Comprehension is not your strong point. Maybe supporting a bottom 6 teams is messing with you.

All teams are contenders until they are not. Not all teams are genuine contenders. That word genuine has a meaning and when you add it to the word contender it changes the meaning of a sentence.
Richmond, West Coast and North Melbourne - well done to all of you for contending for the 2024 premiership!

Can you please advise which years have been 'Premiership windows' for Collingwood since the turn of the century?
I refuse to answer any questions that have "turn of the century quoted" :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Goody.

A third different response.

I'll add it to the list.
Carlton the only Melbourne team in the top 5 so we must finish top 2 and if we do that that's an advantage to us and we'll be contenders big time.

Oh yeah I see it now.
Well the answer is CARLTON will be better in 2024 (well it looks like that at the moment).

As this has only happened ONCE in the past 20 years, I can understand how it would be a big thing for a Carlton supporter and I apologize for not giving it the celebration it obviously deserves.

First Australia wins the Americas Cup, then Carlton finish higher on the ladder than Collingwood.

What will be next?? The anticipation is too much.

I will put it in a simple golf analogy for all you Carlton supporters.
Finishing higher on the ladder is like a par (for you it is a birdy), yet finishing lower is a bogie.
I cant remember my birdies, or bogies, I certainly remember the eagles though because they dont come around as often.

Winning the flag, well that my friend is an eagle.

Carlton are playing a par 5 and you are on the green for two.

I just hope you dont miss the putt and suffer another nothing year.
Hope you guys dont miss the cut and get to play when it counts 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back