Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only collingwood supporters in here. My club and supporters have got into your head to a point that you have nothing positive to say now. It's actually a notch in the belt. Keep ignoring the obvious
'Got into Collingwood supporters heads....'

Because they have been so shite for a quarter of a century and finally you're one of 10 teams who can win the flag if absolutely everything goes right?

Lol.

'Got into Collingwood supporters heads....'

Because they have been so shite for a quarter of a century and finally you're one of 10 teams who can win the flag if absolutely everything goes right?

Lol.
No , because your premiership defence is up there with the worst in history of defences, and your biggest rival is a chance of going past them after only 1 year.

No , because your premiership defence is up there with the worst in history of defences, and your biggest rival is a chance of going past them after only 1 year.
So what?

If I told you Carlton were going to win the flag this year, but finish bottom 4 next year, would you take it?

As for Collingwood's biggest rival.... rivalries are made and maintained by regularly playing each other in big games.

We may have a historical rivalry, but I consider the likes of Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and Brisbane much bigger rivals nowadays.

So what?

If I told you Carlton were going to win the flag this year, but finish bottom 4 next year, would you take it?

As for Collingwood's biggest rival.... rivalries are made and maintained by regularly playing each other in big games.

We may have a historical rivalry, but I consider the likes of Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and Brisbane much bigger rivals nowadays.
Go do a poll -you will be wrong ( again )

Collingwood might be Carlton's biggest rivals (as we are for a number of clubs), but Carlton are well down the pecking order for Collingwood.
No Way Family GIF

Who knows.

There's 2 games between 2nd & 12th.

The only club I'd say that are certain contenders is Sydney. In other years by this stage there's a group of 3-4 you can pick out but 2024 is pretty tight.
That is my take too.

Outside of Sydney, 10 teams would still have another dozen econtenders at the moment.

The genuine contenders will only be revealed once finals are completed.

Is a 50m penalty the reason the Hawks absolutely pantsed the Pies on the weekend?
No 50m were paid.
We did get away with cmac pushing a player in the back in the 2nd quarter though (at half back) which led to a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are still confident on the prospects 4 years later and expect to the best of all of them?

Not sure there were 11 30 yr olds back in 21
We retired / moved on the following in 20/21 - Beams, Dunn, Varcoe, Mayne, Greenwood, Roughead, J.Thomas, Treloar, Phillips.

In one off season, 2023, we brought in 5 players who were all big contributors to the premiership.

Who is to say at end of 2025 we dont add another 5 senior players who are ready to slot into a new best 22?

We retired / moved on the following in 20/21 - Beams, Dunn, Varcoe, Mayne, Greenwood, Roughead, J.Thomas, Treloar, Phillips.

In one off season, 2023, we brought in 5 players who were all big contributors to the premiership.

Who is to say at end of 2025 we dont add another 5 senior players who are ready to slot into a new best 22?
Who'd want to play for The Ol' Dirty Birds?

Maybe that superstar Schultzy has a few mates..!

So what?

Fudgey your view of history started when people who were still in nappies - 20 years ago. I don't think you speak for Collingwood supporters at all tbh.

“We lost today. And we are right on the edge of being losers. You can lose and still be winners. And we are right on the edge.”

With McRae dribbling nonsense like that I really can't see Collingwood getting better any time soon. I don't even know what the hell Darcy Moore is waffling about and heterosexual dynamic learned behaviours.

At least in 2025, looks like a potential top 5 pick in McGuane as a FS for Collingwood.

Now I know you Blue Boys will try and claim him, but even Mick looked shite in the Blue M&Ms jumper.
Surely pies aren't giving away 1st round picks currently on the back of a kid who might turn into another Callum Brown ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back