Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you just explained the new holding the ball rule?

Or should it have been 'interpreted' differently on this occasion?
What I explained was not the new rule it's the rule that's been there for ages. All that's happened is an increased emphasis on "making a genuine attempt to correctly dispose of the football". This Simpkin one is just a throw - there is no attempt to correctly dispose of the ball. If he tried to handball and his fist missed the ball its play on but that's not what happened.

Again you can go through the game and find 30 others that were wrong both ways - each of them have an impact.

What I explained was not the new rule it's the rule that's been there for ages. All that's happened is an increased emphasis on "making a genuine attempt to correctly dispose of the football". This Simpkin one is just a throw - there is no attempt to correctly dispose of the ball. If he tried to handball and his fist missed the ball its play on but that's not what happened.

Again you can go through the game and find 30 others that were wrong both ways - each of them have an impact.
Stop tying yourself in knots.

Carlton were kissed on the you know what, and not for the first time this year.

Good thing we have a finals system to expose pretenders like Carlton.

Good thing we have a finals system to expose pretenders like Carlton.
You had us finishing 16th earlier this year so surely making finals would be a massive achievement in your eyes. "Pretenders" is an odd thing to describe a team that finish at least 8 spots higher than your prediction if we make it

Ok then can you give me your 2025 Top 5 draft please
Don't have to name a top 5 as it will change based on form and availability through the season, but I've watched enough draftees in my time to know a 177cm average-ordinary athlete, no matter the natural footballing IQ is not going top 5 lmao. He's small, average paced and doesn't have an overly piercing kick. He's basically the Aldi brand Zeke Uwlund.

If you think he's going to come in and save the dire situation your list is in then good luck to ya campaigner

Collingwood's 2023 premiership was a 'flash in the pan' after playing in 6 Grand Finals and 5 other Preliminary Final in the 22 seasons between 2002 and 2023?

Keep tying yourselves in knots....

The last 25 years for Carlton have been a ‘flash in the pan’ after playing in 13 Grand Finals and winning 8 flags in the previous 31 years.

Relevance to 2024?

'The umpires had no impact on the result'...

North 7 points down with 5 minutes to go and a clear holding the ball free kick in their forward line not paid to them.

Ball goes up the other end - dubious free kick followed by dubious 50m penalty. Goal to Carlton.

A dubious free kick to Harry immediately after. Goal.

Game over

But 'umpires had no impact'.
1721691890822.jpeg

'Ground out the win' = 'needed umpire intervention to get us over the line'.

Last time Blues were 2nd at this time of the year was in 2000? What happened in that year, and for the following two decades?
Here we are again talking about the last 2 decades , you've got nothing else i suppose who would want to talk about now if your team is near the bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fadge is in full deflection mode, now blaming umpiring decisions which contradicts earlier stance, along with injuries and the draw
He's done a complete turnaround lol.

Don't have to name a top 5 as it will change based on form and availability through the season, but I've watched enough draftees in my time to know a 177cm average-ordinary athlete, no matter the natural footballing IQ is not going top 5 lmao. He's small, average paced and doesn't have an overly piercing kick. He's basically the Aldi brand Zeke Uwlund.

If you think he's going to come in and save the dire situation your list is in then good luck to ya campaigner
So he's not going to grow as a 16/17/18 year old?

By the way, Nick Watson says hello.

So he's not going to grow as a 16/17/18 year old?

By the way, Nick Watson says hello.
Nick Watson was an athletic phenom in terms of speed, agility, endurance and vertical leap, he just happened to be very short too. He also plays as a small forward not as an inside mid at the next level.

McGuane is a bog ordinary athlete with good footskills.

As I said, if Pies fans think he's going to save the list from collapse then goodluck to you

Carlton didn't even have recent history to revert to when their team spent two decades flipping between 8th and wooden spooners.
Lets talk about the current season mate, you are sounding like the drunk old man in the corner of the pub reliving the past. Currently Carlton are 2nd Pies are 13th and talking about the last 2 decades isn't going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back