Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again... a Carlton supporter 'imaging' Collingwood going through what has been a reality for Carlton.

Oh boy.
All the pieces are there for the pies to create a dynasty team.
11 x 30 plus year old players
A handful ( being generous) of kids under 21 pushing for permanent senior selection
No draft capital
Ticking along just nicely and contending strongly as a powerhouse club should after a premiership year

GTFOOH with your hypocrisy, i know Carlton supporters who still bring up W. Harmes 1979.
I love the salt in this one and I'm glad you remember the greatest goal assist of all time.

View attachment 2057141Collingwood believing they are feared by all finalists. It's cute.
That is how Powerhouse clubs operate.

If you have belief in anything you do, you are three quarters of the way there.

And Collingwood's belief comes from having been there, done that.

Meanwhile, teams like Carlton find themselves playing in September and think 'Shite, what do we do now?'

Meanwhile, teams like Carlton find themselves playing in September and think 'Shite, what do we do now?'
Are you doing the thinking for Carlton now? Carlton 8 flags and Pies 3 in the last 60 years suggest it's the Pies that need to learn how to win multiple flags.

Interesting that the Pies are now a better chance of finishing bottom 4 than top 4.

Having watched the Pies /Hawks game it was pretty clear that 1 side wanted the ball and the other team wasn't prepared to get in the way and stop them. Looks like the players have given up on the season. Funny thing is many of the stars who were missing have come back and the team is worse off.

Are you doing the thinking for Carlton now? Carlton 8 flags and Pies 3 in the last 60 years suggest it's the Pies that need to learn how to win multiple flags.
Hmmmm.

I'm sure Alex Jesaulenko, Bruce Doull and Wayne Johnston will have enormous impact for Carlton in September 2024, compared to the many Collingwood players - such as Pendlebury, Sidebottom, De Goey, Crisp and of course GOATcos - who are proven performers on the big stage that is September.

Hmmmm.

I'm sure Alex Jesaulenko, Bruce Doull and Wayne Johnston will have enormous impact in September 2024, compared to the many Collingwood players who are proven performers on the big stage that is September.
Are these Collingwood players seeking a clearance to play for a finals team?

Might be difficult for them to make an impact this September if they remain at their current employer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm.

I'm sure Alex Jesaulenko, Bruce Doull and Wayne Johnston will have enormous impact for Carlton in September 2024, compared to the many Collingwood players - such as Pendlebury, Sidebottom, De Goey, Crisp and of course GOATcos - who are proven performers on the big stage that is September.
Daicos the only one that would get a game in any top 4 team on form.

Are these Collingwood players seeking a clearance to play for a finals team?

Might be difficult for them to make an impact this September at if they remain at their current employer.
A week is a long time in footy.

Richmond to play us into form this week, then destroy Carlton's top 4 dreams the following week in Pendlebury's 400th.

But you arent a powerhouse club and you are delusional if you think you are

Daicos the only one that would get a game in any top 4 team on form.

Which Daicos? The good one, who is aiming for a second BNF. Or the one that runs away from a tackle right to the boundary line?

To the contrary, you're delusional if you think Collingwood aren't a Powerhouse club.

What is your definition of a powerhouse club, and who are they, if Collingwood aren't?

You still trying to deflect, cute

A powerhouse is a club that can win more than 3 flags in 6 decades and or wins more GFs than they lose

Now, back to the OP

Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

To the contrary, you're delusional if you think Collingwood aren't a Powerhouse club.

What is your definition of a powerhouse club, and who are they, if Collingwood aren't?

This is the definition of a Powerhouse Football Club that I think most resembles Collingwood.

The way Pies are going this year, div 3 vafa is probably an appropriate level of competition for you.

You still trying to deflect, cute

A powerhouse is a club that can win more than 3 flags in 6 decades and or wins more GFs than they lose

Now, back to the OP

Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?
Exactly. Notice the crowds dropping off now for the pies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back