Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on that, I think they should get rid of the bounce.

Just throw it up, FFS!
I've always liked the bounce, it sets our game apart from others, the only thing I'd do away with is recalling the ball if it's not a perfect bounce, it evens itself out.

I just hate that we are slowly seeing everything unique to our game eliminated.

People trying to make our game more 'perfect', stuffing it up more in the process.

Not my fault you Carlton supporters are constantly tying yourselves in knots, getting confused between whether you should get excited if Carlton finish above Collingwood despite not contending for the flag, or whether you should hold firm in your belief that the runner up is just one of 17 losers...
For comprehension purposes, please give us your thoughts on what the thread heading actually means . GO

Haha, you obviously have nothing of value to add , give me a break, you can't discuss Carlton Vs Collingwood without paying respect to the origins of it and the many twists and turns along the way that have led to this point.

Paper bags blah, blah, blah, is this all you are capable when discussing anything to do with these two great clubs? I'm assuming that you know that every club was doing that sort of thing and even worse if you go further back.

Anyway, on a point of relevance, you were better than us last year and we will be the better club of the two this year.

I look to your post conceding at the end of the season.
Nothing of value to add about the 1970s as wasnt around.

In 2024, if Carlton cant beat the dirty birds, not sure what am conceding?

Nothing of value to add about the 1970s as wasnt around.

In 2024, if Carlton cant beat the dirty birds, not sure what am conceding?
If we finish higher on the ladder you should be conceding that we were better than you, pretty simple I'd think. As simple as last year, you were better than us, you finished 1st, we finished 3rd.

If we finish higher on the ladder you should be conceding that we were better than you, pretty simple I'd think. As simple as last year, you were better than us, you finished 1st, we finished 3rd.
You got one position correct, Pies were 1st.

2023 ladder provided for you.

No Carlton in top4.

Screenshot_20240801_162323_AFL.jpg

I think it was a spelling mistake. Should have been spelt ' L-o-s-i-n-g ' the most premierships in the history of the competition....

Happy Birthday GIF by Minka Comics

Oh that's cute, obviously we weren't Top 4 at the end of round 24 but after Finals we were third and GWS fourth.
On the Carlton fan pretend ladder.

You are the history buff, the history books will show Port finished 3rd in 2023 and that Carlton are yet to have a top4 finish in the 21st century.

A bit of a hint for Carlton fans, the ladder is based on home and away season.

The AFL dont create another 2023 season ladder.

You are the history buff, the history books will show Port finished 3rd in 2023 and that Carlton are yet to have a top4 finish in the 21st century.

We still finished 3rd after the finals lol. Home and away ladders don't determine the finishing place of finalists, the finals do.

Don't bother they think Port and Melbourne had better seasons than GWS and Carlton last year.
Yeah, I guess the Bulldogs didn't do all that flash in 2016, I've always thought they finished 1st but I guess it was 7th :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably think USA are leading the medal tally at the Olympics too .
So Carlton had a draft selection before Port Adelaide and Melbourne in the national draft ? If not , why not ?

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess the Bulldogs didn't do all that flash in 2016, I've always thought they finished 1st but I guess it was 7th :rolleyes:
The Bulldogs are the only ever team to finish 7th and win the premiership.

The minor premiers, aka 1st on the 2016 ladder, will always be Sydney.

The ladder doesnt change.

It really isnt hard.

The Bulldogs are the only ever team to finish 7th and win the premiership.

The minor premiers, aka 1st on the 2016 ladder, will always be Sydney.

The ladder doesnt change.

It really isnt hard.
It shouldn't be hard for you to understand that we aren't talking about the position after round 24, we are talking position after finals.

Stop being obtuse, nobody gives a crap about 'minor premiers' lol

If the question is, who finished higher on the ladder? Port is the answer.

It really aint hard.
So let's get this straight.
Example - collingwood finish 8th home and away, and Carlton finish 3rd.
Collingwood win all the way through to grand final and lose, and Carlton go out straight sets.
By your scenario , Carlton are better than Collingwood ? Please confirm

We still finished 3rd after the finals lol. Home and away ladders don't determine the finishing place of finalists, the finals do.
They dont create another ladder at the end of finals.🤣🤣 Have Carlton spent that long being a bottom dweller that their fans have forgotten.

You contest finals to determine who the premier will be, there is no re-ranking of ladder positions!!

It is really rare that a team like the Dogs in 2016 or Adelaide in 1997 are able to be premiers from 7th or 5th...but it does happen.

The AFL haven't created a new 2016 ladder that has the Dogs in 1st. The Dogs finished 7th and were them good enough to win the premiership from 7th.

That is what is in the history books.

The question was always who will finish higher - a nice simple concept to follow.

Until some Bagger fans decided they didnt like that, and decided you could have a different measure other than the ladder.
Both sets of supporters agreed when Carlton/Collingwood made finals that we would take it into account which is why the thread continued past the H+A season. And taking into account finals btw seems a pretty nice/simple concept.

Regardless, this thread says who will be better and it seems pretty clear to everyone but you what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back