Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton fans have been ahead of themselves all season, starting to look like they might now be living in reality. Finally.

Can they win the flag outside of the top 4?
The way this season is shaping up it could be a possibility for anybody outside of the Top4. They just need to be in the right form at the time. All teams have had good patches and bad patches including Sydney who have lost 4 of their past 5 games.
The premiership is well and truly up for grabs.

The question wasn't who will lead the head to head games. Relative positions at the end of the season is the only way you can judge who has been better performed over the season and that is yet to be determined.

Yet tonight officially ended Carlton’s premiership hopes, so hey if you want to feel good about finishing 8th and getting knocked out week 1, go for it. At the end of the day, Pies won the head to head and actually have a couple of premierships this millennium…

Carlton fans have been ahead of themselves all season, starting to look like they might now be living in reality. Finally.

Uh uh 😆 no flag, Blues are gonski, they'll finish 10th at best

Epic meltdown from being 6 points clear in 2nd

25 years of Blueshakes and counting

Carlton sides don’t cope with expectation or pressure.

Yet their fans load them up with it the second they have a competent side.

Maybe their supporter base with learn.

Yet tonight officially ended Carlton’s premiership hopes, so hey if you want to feel good about finishing 8th and getting knocked out week 1, go for it. At the end of the day, Pies won the head to head and actually have a couple of premierships this millennium…
What does this have to do with a thread relating to 2024? Tonight didn't end our premiership hopes by the way, it's the most open race I can remember.

Nope. They aren't creative enough to beat three of the better teams in a row let alone win all four. Of course you'll hear a supporter say we already did that but September is different.

I reckon if Collingwood sneak in, they're the most likely to win ugly and make it through to a prelim. Carlton are one dimensional.

Yet again a lopsided free kick count in Carlton’s favour and yet still Carlton fans think they were hard done by? 😂😂😂

You came from 32 points down from 5 straight free kicks from the centre…
The fact that you think free kick count is a meaningful stat tells me all I need to know.

Yet again a lopsided free kick count in Carlton’s favour and yet still Carlton fans think they were hard done by? 😂😂😂

You came from 32 points down from 5 straight free kicks from the centre…
What does a free kick count ever prove apart from one team infringing more than the other did? I've never understood people complaining about this .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Carlton at the ‘blaming umpires’ stage of coping?

Can someone help them move to the acceptance stage?
From what I've seen it's Collingwood supporters complaining about the umpires

You never know we might do a Western Bulldogs 2016 type of flag win here. There's still something to play for if we can lift it here.
I reckon there are still 8-10 teams in it who could be capable of winning it this year if things go their way in September, there are no real standouts.

What does a free kick count ever prove apart from one team infringing more than the other did? I've never understood people complaining about this .

It shows the umpires only pay them one way for the entire game. If Nick Daicos was umpired the same as Patty Cripps we’d win the game by 10 goals.

But of course Carlton fans don’t see this, because every time they lose the game they complain about umpires despite getting a lot more free kicks.

It shows the umpires only pay them one way for the entire game. If Nick Daicos was umpired the same as Patty Cripps we’d win the game by 10 goals.

But of course Carlton fans don’t see this, because every time they lose the game they complain about umpires despite getting a lot more free kicks.
What a load of crap lol. I'll reiterate, free kick numbers mean NOTHING. You expect free kick numbers to be even at the end of a game?, that's just silly.

What a load of crap lol. I'll reiterate, free kick numbers mean NOTHING. You expect free kick numbers to be even at the end of a game?, that's just silly.

No, but when one team gets more every single week, it shows a clear bias by the umpires and it’s not because Cripps and Curnow are infringed on more than any other player in the league…

No, but when one team gets more every single week, it shows a clear bias by the umpires and it’s not because Cripps and Curnow are infringed on more than any other player in the league…
They are infringed upon a lot which I guess is understandable but I don't think your statement of every week is a true one either. You're just talking one eyed nonsense.

You average 0.2 free kicks less per game than us lol - just stop digging

Let me add this

Free Kicks 2024

P. Cripps 39 For, 35 Against
N.Daicos 34 For 30 Against

Comparing Curnow to a player who plays in the same position

C. Curnow 28F 11 A
J.Hogan 22F 5 A

I'm afraid there's no statistical evidence to support your claims of a bias at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back