Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are best of having a holiday Walshy in September. Blues are no good.
Unfortunately my friend Ive got a big holiday planned next year over 6 months of the footy season.

So knowing Carlton they'll probably go undefeated and win the flag next year only to return in 2026 shitehouse

Just to inflict a bit more pain and anguish on me knowing I can't watch

On the Carlton fan pretend ladder.

You are the history buff, the history books will show Port finished 3rd in 2023 and that Carlton are yet to have a top4 finish in the 21st century.

A bit of a hint for Carlton fans, the ladder is based on home and away season.

The AFL dont create another 2023 season ladder.
Draft order is reverse order after finals
Draft is used to “balance” by being in reverse order
It follows that the order that matters to the afl is the after finals order

Well to be honest, I rarely make it personal but that poster has really attacked my views on footy this year and I'm surprised to see you write this but perhaps I will watch myself moving forward.

I still stand by everything I have said about the Blues.
Please point out where I made it personal and I will apologise but I don't think that is the case.
You really need to grow some thicker skin
That aside, that was exhausting. Well done pies.
Looks like season done for us as well. Swans appear putrid. Flag is Fremantles for the taking is seems. It's about time for them

I don't know much but i know i love you, let that be all i need to know. That's my thoughts on Carlton right now.

Finals are still there for us, but it'll be probably be from the lower half of the eight now. I still think we'll lift for the Hawks next week though.

2-0 it’s not even a question anymore.

Poor Carlton will have to wait until 2030 when Pendles retires after game 500 and his 30th defeat of the Navy Blues to ever have a hope of being better than Collingwood.

But credit to Rob Gorman and Nick Foot who tried to lift the Blues over the line, Cripps has had a good season but surely they’ll be leading the B&F.
Boo Collingwood and boo England.:laughv1: Congrats on the win buddy. We'll just have to win this flag the hard way ala Western Bulldogs in 2016.

Mason Cox is a big game performer. Curnow just ain't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way this season is shaping up it could be a possibility for anybody outside of the Top4. They just need to be in the right form at the time. All teams have had good patches and bad patches including Sydney who have lost 4 of their past 5 games.
The premiership is well and truly up for grabs.
Not for Carlton, it isn't.

Not good enough.

It honestly must be tough being a Carlton supporter.

We’ve knocked them out of finals

Won a flag ourselves

Beaten them again to knock them out of top 4…

We literally continue to embarrass them over and over 😂
The eight grand finals wins on replay are enough to keep us entertained until we win our next one.

Unfortunately my friend Ive got a big holiday planned next year over 6 months of the footy season.

So knowing Carlton they'll probably go undefeated and win the flag next year only to return in 2026 shitehouse

Just to inflict a bit more pain and anguish on me knowing I can't watch
I think you're pretty safe.

Pies 4peat still on track.

Jokes aside,Carlton belted us in the first, a bit of bad luck with the accuracy saw us survive and our ridiculous self confidence did the rest.

On the umps, they love a run on and Carltom were rolling in the first and last q. We had a patch in the second where we got away with plenty of blocking, and some incorrect disposal, because it was a Collingwood run on and yay.

Carlton very much alive, definitely all between their ears and Voss is coaching well, just need to club to get behind the players.

As for this thread well we never said what "better" meant, so cherry picking hth, we can call it (unless Carlton pinch the flag).

There's a reason only one team has won the flag from outside the top 4 in the 25 years of this finals system.

Probability. Is important.
So you're telling me there's a chance?:laughv1:

According to the betting odds that JustaBattler loves so much, Carlton are now as likely to make top 4 are they were to win the flag two weeks ago....

Oh those lovely Blueshakes!
So there's still a chance then right? Ok so that's cool.👍

Carlton currently a game ahead of Collingwood courtesy of two additional games against the clear worst two teams in the competition, and a 0 and 2 head to head record against Collingwood.

If Carlton supporters want to continue to claim they have been the 'better' team due to ladder positions courtesy of uneven fixturing....

Boy oh boy Wowee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back