Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just need to lower the eyes when the pressure is on
When the pressure is on is when most teams go long i50 - the issue is it's important these are deep against a Collingwood. Anything shallow that we don't mark will be swept up by the likes of Noble, Quaynor, Maynard etc who will rebound quickly. If we generated more deep entries it makes that far harder and puts a lot of pressure on Moore/Frampton who can get exposed defensively

But Timid? What does that actually mean?
Not wanting it more, not taking risks, not putting your body on the line to shepherd or bump, etc.

Collingwood wanted it that little bit more, no coincidence they've won four very close games against us in the past few years.

Do you basically think the Blues were the better team then? Moral victory and all that?
I didn't say that but at the end it was up to us who won the game, McGovern could've stayed down and Martin could've had the shot, been done many times before.

So what is it then, a coaching directive or players with low footy IQ? We've seen instances in the past where they lower their eyes and not bomb it exclusively to them and lo and behold, they play better with several individual goalkickers.

I think it's a more a mental thing.
It's just pressure. It happens in big games and finals. I can only imagine the pressure out there, so it's just a reflex reaction. Get the ball in the forward line at all costs. This can be rectified over the next 4 weeks before finals

Do you basically think the Blues were the better team then? Moral victory and all that?
Why do you care so much anyway. You're neither a Blues or a Pies fan?

Collingwood were the better team on the night, but Carlton have been the better team overall so far this year.

Not wanting it more, not taking risks, not putting your body on the line to shepherd or bump, etc.

Collingwood wanted it that little bit more, no coincidence they've won four very close games against us in the past few years.
Fair response. Most of your supporters have just been blaming the officiating and injuries. Hats off to you for pointing out a lot of Carlton players just don't go when it's their turn.

Fair response. Most of your supporters have just been blaming the officiating and injuries. Hats off to you for pointing out a lot of Carlton players just don't go when it's their turn.
Injuries can be a factor, but no excuses for this game because we had a strong list out there... only TDK and Doc notable missing really.

The players need another Camp Curnow and fast.

Oh when it comes to grand finals, St Kilda have not been the only club you've been generous to.;)
This is unfortunately true, cannot deny history. However, what is most tragic is that we will never get the chance to square up as Carlton just do not make Grand Finals anymore. Oh well! :cool:

Why do you care so much anyway. You're neither a Blues or a Pies fan?

Collingwood were the better team on the night, but Carlton have been the better team overall so far this year.
Plenty of neutrals have posted their thoughts in here.

My posts are just more popular (getting lots of angry protests and hence reply loops to respond to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on?

Having already played the clear two worst teams in the competition twice, and a couple of dubious wins resulting from 'umpire interpretation'.
You can't count mate? We've won more games.

No - definitely not you.
Well I hope you find your validation somewhere after another deeply insecure tirade of posts.

Begging for neutrals to criticise Pies supporters only confirms that whinging, victim complex status that fits a number of your supporters so neatly. And that is the whole reason those Blues supporters are mocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back