Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't think we are better than Brisbane because they are 2nd and we are 8th. I don't base who is better on one or two games like you do in a 23-game season.

But keep shifting the goalposts.
No. I have never shifted the goal posts. You have. Go read the posts and try to make sense of it. Ask the bus crash mate of yours to help figure it out.

Both of you in the same room. A science project right there.

Oh well, we have the 2023 premiership in our back pocket to sooth the pain.

Carlton, meanwhile, who have been building and rebuilding for over two decades to get their list to where it is now - what do they have to console themselves?

I know... 'Next Year'.
You wont have a next year for quite some time

No. I have never shifted the goal posts. You have. Go read the posts and try to make sense of it. Ask the bus crash mate of yours to help figure it out.

Both of you in the same room. A science project right there.
Show me where I have shifted the goalposts. I have been consistent no matter where Carlton or Collingwood are on the ladder that I base who is better on the whole seasons results not one or two games.

Yeah we played you twice. And won both times.

That's nice. If you finish 10th, 9 other teams will be deemed better than you for 2024, regardless of how many times you beat some of them.

Yeah. Paint a scenario of a bus crash to prevent a 2nd encounter to try and make a nonsensical point. You’re right up there.

You're just making a dumb blanket statement that makes no sense - 'if you lose to a team twice in a year that means you're worse than them, simple' - where did this rule come from? I've never heard of it.

What if one of the teams had particularly bad injuries in one of those losses? Or both? Home ground advantage? Weather? Form? In-game injuries? Milestone games? Umpiring?

Now, there's been an entire competition developed from the invention of the game until now to accurately measure each teams ranking and final standing at the conclusion of the season - it's called the Ladder. Suss it out - it measures each teams Win, Loss, Draw & Percentage to rank each team, it's pretty cool. You don't get bonus points for beating the same team twice or anything, though. Maybe you should write a letter to AFL HQ and suggest your measuring method is better, it's a pretty sick idea.

Bloos fans delusional to think they can lose every game against a particular opponent and still think they are better than that opponent.
Clutching now….
One all in your premiership year last season means we were just as good as you yeah?

That's nice. If you finish 10th, 9 other teams will be deemed better than you for 2024, regardless of how many times you beat some of them.

You're just making a dumb blanket statement that makes no sense - 'if you lose to a team twice in a year that means you're worse than them, simple' - where did this rule come from? I've never heard of it.

What if one of the teams had particularly bad injuries in one of those losses? Or both? Home ground advantage? Weather? Form? In-game injuries? Milestone games? Umpiring?

Now, there's been an entire competition developed from the invention of the game until now to accurately measure each teams ranking and final standing at the conclusion of the season - it's called the Ladder. Suss it out - it measures each teams Win, Loss, Draw & Percentage to rank each team, it's pretty cool. You don't get bonus points for beating the same team twice or anything, though. Maybe you should write a letter to AFL HQ and suggest your measuring method is better, it's a pretty sick idea.
No. I have said that if a team wins significantly more games than the other during the course of the season (like 4 or 5, which was in response to your mate using North as an example against a top team on the ladder), then they are the better team. However, if it’s only a matter of a couple of games, yet they have played eachother twice and one has won on both occasions, it’s clear who is better between the 2.

You Bloos fans must be hurting. Losing to the Pies both times this season. Talking yourselves up start of the season to now struggling to make the 8 and failing again. Must be hard.

Our boys will unfortunately have to settle for the premiership player 1 year reunion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. I have said that if a team wins significantly more games than the other during the course of the season (like 4 or 5, which was in response to your mate using North as an example against a top team on the ladder), then they are the better team. However, if it’s only a matter of a couple of games, yet they have played eachother twice and one has won on both occasions, it’s clear who is better between the 2.

You Bloos fans must be hurting. Losing to the Pies both times this season. Talking yourselves up start of the season to now struggling to make the 8 and failing again. Must be hard.

Our boys will unfortunately have to settle for the premiership player 1 year reunion.

Lol, so again you've just made something up. Makes even less sense when the 2 games were decided by a combined total of 9 points.

Some pretty dumb comments here. This thread has jumped the shark.

The question is who will be better in 2024. Answer: The team that finishes higher on the ladder is the better of the two.
Exactly - and with three games left we don't have the answer to that yet.

Mate you telling me Carlton supporters aint been insufferable this season on the bigfooty forum? EVERY Carlton supporter has no been basing it off the WHOLE season. stfu lmao. :tearsofjoy:
Ah yes the Carlton supporters have been insufferable. You clearly missed the first part of the year when Collingwood were ahead or the 2022/2023 versions of this thread. Selective viewing perhaps.

I don't take any of that seriously - most of it is just banter between two rival supporter bases.

And "stfu"? What are you a child? Find me a Carlton supporter who hasn't been arguing to use the whole season's results in this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back