Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 flags vs 1 in the modern AFL indicates this is not a road you want to go down.

If there was a moral premiership ladder Carlton would be 2 games on top I guess.
Is my post wrong?

Your opinion, not ours - was always Carlton not contending. This time last year we weren't even in the top 8. Now we are. I would say we are improving ever so slightly. Collingwood on the other hand have dropped 9 spots on the ladder. I had them finishing 4th from memory at start of the year. Can't believe I over rated them so much and am miles away from my initial prediction. I feel so embarassed
Actually you were 8th after round 21 in 2023. But, good for you.

There is the real likelihood that the peak of this Carlton team is short of a contender.

Which is exactly what I have been saying.

Lack of depth.

Lack of speed.

Lack of quality ball users and decision makers.

Too many injury prone players on your list.

Back to the drawing board. Let's hope you get a better result next time and it takes less than 20 years...
Lack of depth - no
Lack of speed - probably missing a quicker mid
Lack of quality ball users - that's debatable
Injury prone players- well I've often said we should get rid of these type they do nothing but supply the group with negative energy in mu opinion. I'm sure a lot of Carlton people don't agree with me but hey, I'm just a follower of the club what do I know.
I actually don't think it's back to the drawing board. It's still a work in progress I reckon.
Missing the big ruckman hurts. Kids going to be a gun.

You don't actually know that.
Can I have the lotto numbers for Saturdays draw please whilst you are at it
Carlton, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Gold Coast all went begging to the AFL.
An esteemed group. At least Gold Coast had an excuse.

Where did i say Collingwood didn't win? I said they had no influence on who won the game after the siren had sounded.
You didn't notice about 20 of our players trying to distract your concussed shooter while your captain was giving celebratory high fives in the background?

Lack of depth - no
Lack of speed - probably missing a quicker mid
Lack of quality ball users - that's debatable
Injury prone players- well I've often said we should get rid of these type they do nothing but supply the group with negative energy in mu opinion. I'm sure a lot of Carlton people don't agree with me but hey, I'm just a follower of the club what do I know.
I actually don't think it's back to the drawing board. It's still a work in progress I reckon.
Missing the big ruckman hurts. Kids going to be a gun.
Carlton's depth is a serious myth. A lot of blokes look the goods when the stars are humming and let the role players do their thing with ease. But when the going gets tough, who stands up outside of the top 8 or so players? That is literally the purpose of good depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't notice about 20 of our players trying to distract your concussed shooter while your captain was giving celebratory high fives in the background?
That's what i mean we lost it, Martin should've taken the kick.

So a name change start of next year we all go back to zero?

I have a bridge going cheap
You're right. Should have commenced in 1997 when you had all of West Coast, Adelaide, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions in the AFL

Martin would not have had the journey. If he gave it everything he is capable of and more, % chance of it being accurate enough to be a goal were extremely slim.

Collingwood win regardless
Yep, again.

Pretty cooked that we played 15 minutes of footy and lost by 3pts.

Curnow & McKay awful - 1 goal between them, when's the last time that happened?
1 tackle between all our small fwds.
Walsh in career-worst form, looking like Tom Phillips but worse disposal.
McGovern injured but played on albeit hampered.
Cerra subbed off.
Cottrell does shoulder.

Essentially was only Cripps playing to his best and we almost won, we really couldn't have played any worse & the Pies fell in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back