Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are A LOT of posters in here carrying on like Collingwood won by 10 goals.
Nothing like a little bandaid to cover the cracks that are appearing is always good for oppo supporters. You think Carlton have problems. Lol.

There are A LOT of posters in here carrying on like Collingwood won by 10 goals.
Nothing like a little bandaid to cover the cracks that are appearing is always good for oppo supporters. You think Carlton have problems. Lol.
Carlton don't have any problems. The club is absolutely humming. Long may things never change

He was comfortably BOG and hot fave for another Brownlow

But it's time for a new leader 👍 someone a bit more strategic

Cripps can revert to being an inspirational player like Pendles

Geez of all the things to give Carlton shit about, Cripps really ain't it.

The whole footy world (anyone with brains anyway) is in unity in admiring Cripps as a captain. Moved from Perth as a young bloke, showed loyalty through a tough career, never wavered in effort or shirked responsibility, carries his team week in week out, is favorite for Brownlow & AA captain and you make him your avatar to take the piss out of him and claim he shouldn't be captain?

Sad, sad shit.

The unfortunate truth is that Carlton seem to spend a lot of games playing their worst football....

We do tend to save our worst for the Pies which is very annoying for us but lucky for you. Your group just have a mental edge over our boys, bit like the Kennett Curse years. We've still won more games though.

Carlton don't have any problems. The club is absolutely humming. Long may things never change
Yeah, sorry.

I got my original post wrong.

I meant to say:
Incredible depth;
Incredible pace;
Every player in the team is an Incredible ball user (particularly Walsh);
They are doing the right thing by keeping the large number of injury prone players on their list, as they will all come good eventually.

Blooming autocorrect....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet the Lions seem to be doing just fine...
So it was the extra week in September 2023 that has done Collingwood in this year?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

What's Collingwoods excuse ?
Collingwood's current list isn't the result of 20 years of building and rebuilding.

It must have been awful to wake up to the realisation on Sunday morning that I was right all along, and Carlton are nothing more than a middle of the road team, at a time when their list is in their prime.

Oh no.

Short pre-season following incredible premiership celebrations. I fear for the league next season with a proper Collingwood pre-season

I actually hope you're good again next year (as well as us). The amount of trauma this mob has caused me deserves real heartbreak, not some shitty Rd20-something-basically-elimination-final setup. I want karma in the form of a PF or GF.

A last hurrah for your old blokes who spent their careers beating up on us, their last game in a GF against Carlton in a race to #17 to get done by 1 point, establishing their careers as meaningless after they're 2nd on the Premiership ladder again, just like when they started.

Please let it happen.

This thread just keeps giving us the goods:
  • Moore is better than Weitering because he has more AAs
  • Collingwood are better than Carlton because they won the H2H regardless of what happens in the other 91% of games this season
  • Collingwood have dropped off in 2024 because of their celebrations in September 2023.
Genuinely not even sure how to rank them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back