Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did i ask you to leave the thread? Every time you come here the same thing happens, first the Pie supporters leave then the thread goes to rubbish and why does every one of your posts is like reading a book?
It's like clockwork.

Meow comes in, derails a thread, gets told what he's posting is stupid, mentions that he never intended to annoy anyone, then tries to make some sort of ominous comment about our upcoming game and leaves...

He must be stuck on groundhog day or something

Thanks for a David Brent style quote, at this point I'm not sure whether you're just taking the piss out of yourself with posts like these.

I'm not here to dictate, if I comment on something it does not mean I want to change how a group of supporters behave.

Good luck for today. A home EF is still a fairly important thing to play for.
Good post.

Yet this is all you ever do. Literally every post you make in this thread is telling supporters what they can and can't do/should or shouldn't be doing...

The lack of self awareness is astonishing
I don't want you to change a thing, Walshy. Commenting on it doesn't mean I am annoyed at how Carlton supporters are. Why would you think that's the case?

Whereas you desperately want me to change how I post.

Thus it's you dictating to me.

Which makes the bolded statement the most ironic of the thread so far this weekend.

Yes... Small club mentality... From the club with 100k plus members and the equal most flags of any team...
You forgot to mention 'a club that hadn't contended for a premiership in a quarter of a century'.

Hence why none of you have any idea as to how the finals system works and who you should be 'supporting' in games that give your team to best chance to position themselves to contend.

You forgot to mention 'a club that hasn't contended for a premiership in a quarter of a century'.

Small club.
You forgot the 16 flags we have, we are a power club.

You forgot to mention 'a club that hadn't contended for a premiership in a quarter of a century'.

Hence why none of you have any idea as to how the finals system works and who you should be 'supporting' in games that give your team to best chance to position themselves to contend.
We support Carlton.
Why would we support anyone else ?
Is this a Collingwood thing, or a Fadge thing ?

Like clockwork as he posts his own inane rambling that reflects the previous 10 he has made. Beautiful.

If you thought this was trolling than merely adding my own genuine thoughts on matters relevant to Carlton/Collingwood, why would you take the bait so easily? If you think the points are serious why wouldn't you simply contest them instead of playing the poster? You've taken a moronic stance either way.
Why would anyone bother responding in a genuine manner when you're posting about us being minnows lmao

Of course Carton fans will rejoice in any Collingwood/Essendon fail- why wouldn't they? and the same goes back each way.
Nah.

For supporters of teams who regularly contend, the first priority is what is best for your team.

There have been plenty of times I've supported Essendon, Carlton or Richmond in games that improve Collingwood's ladder position, and therefore the likelihood they can position themselves to contend for a premiership.

I also wore a Richmond guernsey for the 2017 finals series, in support of my long-suffering Richmond supporting friends, who had resigned themselves to the fact they'd never see another premiership.

And I'll likely to the same thing in the unlikely event Carlton make it to a Grand Final. It's great to see the long term inept minnow clubs have a bit of success.

A few posts have been cleaned up everyone. Banter about footy, banter about these two marvelous old Mad Monday-bound clubs (and even Geelong if you really want). Just don’t get personal and banter about each other.

Seeing Carlton supporters leave the G gutted at two losses to the Pies is your answer.

They know the Pies have their measure, a tough pill to swallow I know.

And you definitely would agree if it was the other way around. 🙄 C’mon the ladder answers the question and you guys lose. The end.

Right but why would your list be any less injury prone when the key injured players are in the very back end of their careers... You know... When they start getting injured more as their bodies fail them???

2025 is more likely to be just as bad if not worse re injuries for the Pies given your list make up
lol you just dont get it. Its not about the players, its about the system. Of course you need good players, buts not the be all.
You guys have a myriad of top draft picks over the last 25 years and you are still struggling to make the 8. You should be flag favourites and you are not because your playing system is garbage. You are wasting your window Melbourne style. We won a flag with an ordinary list but we have smart coaches, and most importantly really smart players who make great decisions. I will start panicking if Graeme Wright doesnt come back. He is way more important than the draft pick we supposedly lost for Shultz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol you just dont get it. Its not about the players, its about the system. Of course you need good players, buts not the be all.
You guys have a myriad of top draft picks over the last 25 years and you are still struggling to make the 8. You should be flag favourites and you are not because your playing system is garbage. You are wasting your window Melbourne style. We won a flag with an ordinary list but we have smart coaches, and most importantly really smart players who make great decisions. I will start panicking if Graeme Wright doesnt come back. He is way more important than the draft pick we supposedly lost for Shultz
Yeah great system, 3 flags in seven decades 🤣

Nah.

For supporters of teams who regularly contend, the first priority is what is best for your team.

There have been plenty of times I've supported Essendon, Carlton or Richmond in games that improve Collingwood's ladder position, and therefore the likelihood they can position themselves to contend for a premiership.

I also wore a Richmond guernsey for the 2017 finals series, in support of my long-suffering Richmond supporting friends, who had resigned themselves to the fact they'd never see another premiership.

And I'll likely to the same thing in the unlikely event Carlton make it to a Grand Final. It's great to see the long term inept minnow clubs have a bit of success.

Doing calculaitons about this and that is one thing that some people might do - so what? If someone gets their jolly from seeing some team fail- that is their decision and choice - don't tell me you want to also now write the book on how people should enjoy themselves or not?

Football is entertainment not life or death - we arent talking golf here.

Nah.

I similarly favour drought breaking clubs if mine has failed, or those who are the underdogs. There's more interest in that than seeing perennial contenders, and with that in mind I can see why Geelong are now despised.

Hoping your perceived rivals or disliked clubs do you a favour to strengthen your finals position etc seems like common sense to me. If Hawthorn had a situation where they could secure Geelong top 2 while making finals themselves, I would take that every time.

It doesn't seem to be the case for all supporter bases though and I found that interesting enough to comment on.

So why is Collingwoods season over despite having a good system???

And you definitely would agree if it was the other way around. 🙄 C’mon the ladder answers the question and you guys lose. The end.
When talking historic rivalries, do teams talk of HTH results or how many times a team finished higher on the ladder?

Do you think Dees fans think they were better than Carlton in 2023 because they finished higher on the ladder?

Calrton fans know the Dirty Birds had their measure AGAIN in 2024, nobody really gives a shit if they finish 9th and us 11th as we won the two games that matter.

So why is Collingwoods season over despite having a good system???
Pretty simple, we have lost too many games to teams better than us in 2024.

Importantly, Carlton are not on that list of teams who are better than us. The dirty birds still own the Blueshakes đź‘Ť

When talking historic rivalries, do teams talk of HTH results or how many times a team finished higher on the ladder?

Do you think Dees fans think they were better than Carlton in 2023 because they finished higher on the ladder?

Calrton fans know the Dirty Birds had their measure AGAIN in 2024, nobody really gives a shit if they finish 9th and us 11th as we won the two games that matter.
Rinse and repeat , yet no one is hearing you

The thread question says who is better in 2024.

I get you want to just have banter but instead of coping poorly you could just say “Carlton are better in 2024 as per the ladder but I believe my club is still better overall” or something similar. I don’t get it.

The thread question says who is better in 2024.

I get you want to just have banter but instead of coping poorly you could just say “Carlton are better in 2024 as per the ladder but I believe my club is still better overall” or something similar. I don’t get it.
You would think if Carlton were better they wouldnt have lost BOTH games to us.

But they did.

In 2024, Collingwood once again had Carlton's measure. They couldn't beat us.

Good on Carlton for beating up on North and Richmond, in 2024, but we all know they didnt want to lose to Collingwood and beat North.

You would think if Carlton were better they wouldnt have lost BOTH games to us.

But they did.

In 2024, Collingwood once again had Carlton's measure. They couldn't beat us.

Good on Carlton for beating up on North and Richmond, in 2024, but we all know they didnt want to lose to Collingwood and beat North.
I love this it shows real salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back