Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious... Do we think there will even be a 2025 thread created or is everyone resigned to the fact that the Wobbly Wobbles are set for an extended trip down the bottom of the ladder for the next few years?
They should do one for Collingwood and Essendon due to similar levels of crapness.
I won't be involved in a 2025 thread unless the parameters are clearly defined

Does it really?

I just read it as stating facts.
Facts are if you win more games than your opposition teams you have a greater chance of making the finals, currently 10 teams have done that.

Is that a promise?
Walrus Yes GIF

They should do one for Collingwood and Essendon due to similar levels of crapness.
I won't be involved in a 2025 thread unless the parameters are clearly defined
C'mon..look at the ladder... Carlton were defeated by a crap Collingwood twice!!😂 I'm ok with bringing the Bombers into the thread but clearly Carlton are at a similar level of mediocrity and deserve to be here in the discussion.
If you stop posting in the thread next year I will go on a hunger strike. Don't do it man!

C'mon..look at the ladder... Carlton were defeated by a crap Collingwood twice!!😂 I'm ok with bringing the Bombers into the thread but clearly Carlton are at a similar level of mediocrity and deserve to be here in the discussion.
If you stop posting in the thread next year I will go on a hunger strike. Don't do it man!
You guys are in Mexico with the Bombers. Would be a much better match up between the 2

Looks like Collingwood won't go back to back

So whilst Carlton may finish higher... Does it really mean much unless they take the flag?
I feel like Carlton have thrown away their season. I feel a successful season would be Carlton finishing in the top 4 but also winning games they were favourites in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed he is.

It's very refreshing to hear the perspective of a neutral in this thread.
Meow's perspective comes from a supporter of a genuine "big three" Victorian powerhouse club. (Hawks and Pies being the other 2). He comes from the perspective of a club which knows how to be successful and avoid wooden spoons. Carlton folk surely could benefit from his expertise. But instead, they just knee jerk and shoot the messenger.

Meow's perspective comes from a supporter of a genuine "big three" Victorian powerhouse club. (Hawks and Pies being the other 2). He comes from the perspective of a club which knows how to be successful and avoid wooden spoons. Carlton folk surely could benefit from his expertise. But instead, they just knee jerk and shoot the messenger.
Indeed. You are 100% correct.

Carlton supporters see a team have a down year and just expect that team will be mediocre for the next 5 to 10 years, because that's the Carlton way.

I mean, they were saying exactly the same thing about Collingwood after 2021.

They were saying exactly the same thing about Geelong, when they went out in straight sets in 2010, and again after their 2023 season.

But powerhouse teams like Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood don't need a decade in the bottom 4 to build a list to contend for a flag - they just need astute drafting/trading, a great system, strong development, and belief that comes from being a club who regularly contend for the premiership.

So powerhouse clubs only need to win 3 flags in 60 odd years?

The list is long, but unfortunately for the Pies, they aren't in the top 8 on that count either
Yeah, you keep saying this, but continually fail to share that list, and accompanying rationale.

All talk, no action. Like the pathetic footy club you support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back