Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very true, you sit 9th and the pies sit 11th, if I were a Blues fan I'd cherish the small wins as well
I'm not treating our position as a win mate I'm just making sure we don't overlook the performance of the Pies so far.

I'm not treating our position as a win mate I'm just making sure we don't overlook the performance of the Pies so far.

Yes, the Pies have exhausted all of the self-help book metaphors that Fly had written down in his notebook. Could go anywhere from here.

He retired when he knew he was cooked for the good of the club. Unlike Pendles who shamelessly is taking up a spot to get the record games (which he won’t get anyway) when he is barely VFL standard. Bloke used to make others look like they were in slow motion (way back in 2013 lol) and now he is the one that is slower than my Nan.

Pies are now a rebuilding club (which is a tragic fall from grace so quickly). Pendles probably knows this and doesn’t care anymore so is chasing individual accolades. Smart man, but still selfish.

Also in those 4-5 years Dusty achieved more for Richmond than Pendlebury has for Collingwood in 401 games. That’s why he’ll be a legend and Pendles won’t even be even remembered as good as Lachie Neale and probably Cripps too tbh.

Wow.....I didn't realise Richmond supporters were still on BF. Just one imbicile left it seems using up his remaining brain cells to insult one of the games greatest ever players whom by the way is still better than any player Richmond currently has on their list. A contender for the worst ever post.

Wow.....I didn't realise Richmond supporters were still on BF. Just one imbicile left it seems using up his remaining brain cells to insult one of the games greatest ever players whom by the way is still better than any player Richmond currently has on their list. A contender for the worst ever post.

Once Pendles win a Brownlow I’ll take it back or even an MVP. Cripps could get a second Brownlow this year, to me that ends the debate between the two.

Pendles isn’t one of the greatest btw. He is great but not top tier, he’s in the 3rd tier with Neale and Bont. Most people would agree with that.

This current century is still young. Your 2010 and 2023 flags will mean diddly squat in 2084, and you seem to agree with that.

With the way Collingwood take decades between flags, don’t be surprised if Carlton blow passed you for premierships the rest of this century
Yep in 60 years bloody hope the Pies will have a bit more recent success to gloat about instead of talking about the 2020s.

But that is the life of a Bagger in the 21st century, always wanting to look back on stuff that happened last century because they have been shizen once the game went professional in 21st century.

Poor crusty Baggers

Once Pendles win a Brownlow I’ll take it back or even an MVP. Cripps could get a second Brownlow this year, to me that ends the debate between the two.

Pendles isn’t one of the greatest btw. He is great but not top tier, he’s in the 3rd tier with Neale and Bont. Most people would agree with that.
The Brownlow is your measuring stick? Really? The opinions of corrupt yellow maggotts nobody respects are trusted to determine the games greatest players. Don't make me laugh.

The Brownlow is your measuring stick? Really? The opinions of corrupt yellow maggotts nobody respects are trusted to determine the games greatest players. Don't make me laugh.

Sorry for thinking in order to be considered one of the greatest midfielders ever you need to be the actual best player in the comp at some point.

And it’s not just Brownlow it’s the MVP too. I’ll give him credit he got the coaches award but these other guys have multiple Coaches/brownlow/MVP awards. I’m not being unreasonable at all.

Yep in 60 years bloody hope the Pies will have a bit more recent success to gloat about instead of talking about the 2020s.

But that is the life of a Bagger in the 21st century, always wanting to look back on stuff that happened last century because they have been shizen once the game went professional in 21st century.

Poor crusty Baggers

You can say “shit”. It’s not a rude word mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep on crowing Pies fans you'll be winning sweet eff all this year as well! Last year was as good as it gets for you.

Our list though still has plenty of upside to it. We will just calmly assess the situation in the off season and be back with a bang in 2025.

Probable 6 changes with Cerra and De Koning still out.
We've had unbelievable luck with injuries this year so we have. For me that's a major asterisk that should be attached to our performances this year.

The tank is running nigh on empty here. Hopefully we might have better luck on the injury front in 2025.

Keep on crowing Pies fans you'll be winning sweet eff all this year as well! Last year was as good as it gets for you.

Our list though still has plenty of upside to it. We will just calmly assess the situation in the off season and be back with a bang in 2025.

Yes, 1st in a competition is as good as it gets. Can't get any better!

brian regan what GIF

'Last year as good as it gets'....

Well a premiership is pretty damn good!

You'd best hope 2023 isn't 'as good as it gets for Carlton'. Unfortunately for you, I suspect it might very well be...

We've had unbelievable luck with injuries this year so we have. For me that's a major asterisk that should be attached to our performances this year.

The tank is running nigh on empty here. Hopefully we might have better luck on the injury front in 2025.
Let's hope the Carlton brainstrust have the same attitude...

Surely you can't get the same amount of injuries as you had in 2024... and 2023.... and 2022.... and 2021.

(Despite your "Big 5' playing 90% of games in both 2023 and 2024). Jeepers, what would happen if you lost one or two of them for a large chunk of games?

The lack of pace and of quality ball users/decision makers is not a factor at all... no, no, no. Not at all....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back