Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

You've set yourselves up for a deserved finals run with hard work despite pretty poor injury luck.

We could troll and say "great chance for the Blues to win something without cheating" and it might fly in a banter thread, but the bottom line is you're getting what you deserve. You stuck by the coach, who is a tough positive and respected fella, and you picked a fine captain who deserves success after a career of honest fighting.

It's a good effort by the Blues.
Thanks and agree. There is the odd normal Collingwood supporter around 👍

If Collingwood pull off the miracle and make the finals but lose first week, Carlton will still have 1 more win for the season

Would Carlton still be considered 'better' in that scenario?
No, as Collingwood made finals and Carlton did not

So if neither team make finals, Collingwood would be considered the better team as a result of their superior head to head record?
Your mob lost to Brisbane and hawks (who finished 16th) head to head last year...so they were better teams than Collingwood by your logic. Hilarious...

This.

You've set yourselves up for a deserved finals run with hard work despite pretty poor injury luck.

We could troll and say "great chance for the Blues to win something without cheating" and it might fly in a banter thread, but the bottom line is you're getting what you deserve. You stuck by the coach, who is a tough positive and respected fella, and you picked a fine captain who deserves success after a career of honest fighting.

It's a good effort by the Blues.
I like what you're doing here...

Your mob lost to Brisbane and hawks (who finished 16th) head to head last year...so they were better teams than Collingwood by your logic. Hilarious...
Read the part where I said 'If neither team make finals'....

And it was also a question posed to the poster to which I was responding, based on their 'rationale'. Therefore it's not 'my logic'.

Is it really that difficult to follow a discussion?

'My Logic' has Collingwood being better than Carlton in 2024, due to:
  • 2 of Carlton's wins courtesy of double-ups against the cannon fodder of the competition that is Richmond and North Melbourne;
  • Maximum 2 games difference between Collingwood and Carlton;
  • Collingwood's 2 - 0 head to head record against Carlton.

Club A - 3 flags since the competition became national, 6 Grand Finals in total, last flag during time of digital TV
Club B - 1 flag since the competition became national, 2 Grand Finals in total, last flag before digital TV

Which one is best? :think:

And it was also a question posed to the poster to which I was responding, based on their 'rationale'. Therefore it's not 'my logic'.

• 2 of Carlton's wins courtesy of double-ups against the cannon fodder of the competition that is Richmond and North Melbourne;
Yawn....

Club A - 3 flags since the competition became national, 6 Grand Finals in total, last flag during time of digital TV
Club B - 1 flag since the competition became national, 2 Grand Finals in total, last flag before digital TV

Club A has 7 Grand Finals, but I like and agree with your point.

You also forgot the 5 wooden spoons for Club B (who have played in 3 Grand Finals).

Still whinging, maybe if Pies could've beat Essendon things might have been different, but they couldn't.

Let's not get too chummy, there's still a minute chance the Pies steam roll Melbourne, then its up to the Blues.
Thanks and agree. There is the odd normal Collingwood supporter around 👍
Joker Im Not GIF

The thread title says 2024 and that's all that counts.

3 GF’s.

Before next year's thread is started any OP should be very specific about what the rules are - and make it in very very simple language that everyone can understand - even Fudgey.

Now that we know that Pendelbury /Sidebottom and even the big COX will be playing on - and they will all be getting plenty of off season rest time starting (cough) pretty soon...AND they will be getting an easier draw - should be pretty easy for the wobblers - next year - no excuses wobblers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before next year's thread is started any OP should be very specific about what the rules are - and make it in very very simple language that everyone can understand - even Fudgey.

Now that we know that Pendelbury /Sidebottom and even the big COX will be playing on - and they will all be getting plenty of off season rest time starting (cough) pretty soon...AND they will be getting an easier draw - should be pretty easy for the wobblers - next year - no excuses wobblers.

So happy that Brent Harvey played 432 games. Pendles sticking around for another 2 years in the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back