Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you read my post again i did say we finished 5th then won two finals and peaked at 3rd so is that all you got?
If you're saying 'Carlton finished 3rd', I'm assuming you're suggesting they 'finished 3rd on the AFL ladder', in which case you'll have some evidence to support that statement?

I've looked everywhere, and can only find the ladder I shared in my previous post...

If you're saying 'Carlton finished 3rd', I'm assuming you're suggesting they 'finished 3rd on the AFL ladder', in which case you'll have some evidence to support that statement?

I've looked everywhere, and can only find the ladder I shared in my previous post...
Read my post idiot, i said we finished 5th then won two finals to peak at 3rd and tell me where does a loser of a prelim finish?

Answer the question, where does the loser of a prelim finish?
The loser of a PF, is a PF loser.

Bulldogs are the only team to win a premiership from 7th.

You dont change ladder position after finals.

Finals are solely about determing who the premier and runner up is...everyone else is simply a beaten finalist.

The loser of a PF, is a PF loser.

Bulldogs are the only team to win a premiership from 7th.

You dont change ladder position after finals.

Finals are solely about determing who the premier and runner up is...everyone else is simple a beaten finalist.
Why did we get pick 16 in the draft then?

Very impressive, from 2nd to 9th in record time 😆

I could imagine all the back slapping and 1724306475143.gif going on in the Collingwood fanbase when you were 4th after Round 15 and worked yourselves up into a lather and started booking Grand Final tickets.

1724306599951.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Better' is relatively clear, though it does appear it needs to be spelt out in small, simple words to appease the lowest common denominator that is the Carlton supporter base...

LOL COllingflogs Vs Carltonflogs can't even agree on what a clear question means...

It's based on the ladder mate and you know it, the bottom team gets the first pick and so on.
The ladder is the ladder, it aint hard.

The draft order and methodology to determine it changes. Sure it is often based on the ladder, but they change it frequently, and it isnt a new ladder.

What happens when we follow the yanks and use a lottery system. And the draft order is based on ping pong balls coming out?

Finish 13th, but luck out and get the 1st pick in draft so now you also get the wooden spoon?

Carlton finished 5th in 2023, Collingwood finished 1st...both qualifying for finals, Collingwood as the higher ranked team.

Collingwood went on to make the GF and win the premiership, Carlton didnt make the GF.

It really aint hard.

Teams that finish top4 play in qualifying finals in week1 of finals, Carlton weren't a top4 team in 2023.

Let me check....

View attachment 2087559

3rd. Collingwood finished 3rd in 2018, then won through to the Grand Final, to be defeated by West Coast.
It really should be pretty simple to follow.

But this is what happens when Shakers try and invent new ladders to pretend they could still be the "better" team.

The draft order and methodology to determine it changes. Sure it is often based on the ladder, but they change it frequently, and it isnt a new ladder.

What happens when we follow the yanks and use a lottery system. And the draft order is based on ping pong balls coming out?

Finish 13th, but luck out and get the 1st pick in draft so now you also get the wooden spoon?

Carlton finished 5th in 2023, Collingwood finished 1st...both qualifying for finals, Collingwood as the higher ranked team.

Collingwood went on to make the GF and win the premiership, Carlton didnt make the GF.

It really aint hard.

Teams that finish top4 play in qualifying finals in week1 of finals, Carlton weren't a top4 team in 2023.
Give them a break.

This finals system thing is very new for them. It will take them some time to get their heads around it...

Give them a break.

This finals system thing is very new for them. It will take them some time to get their heads around it...
And thus why people are happy to entertain their 2023 belief that the ladder isn't real judge of who the better team was.

Need to focus on HTH results, which is why some Bagger fans would say they were "better" than Melbourne in 2023, despite Melbourne winning more games and finishing above them on the ladder.

And thus why people are happy to entertain their 2023 belief that the ladder isn't real judge of who the better team was.

Need to focus on HTH results, which is why some Bagger fans would say they were "better" than Melbourne in 2023, despite Melbourne winning more games and finishing above them on the ladder.
So again , saints and bombers better than the pies for 2024 . Righteo

It really aint hard.

Melbourne a top 4 team in 2023 after losing all finals games for the second year in a row ? Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back