Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton weren't a top4 team in 2023.
Explain how we played in a prelim and received pick 16 and why didn't Melbourne or Port get 16 if we weren't the 3rd best team in it? The lottery has nothing to do with it just more word mincing by you.

Read the part where I said 'If neither team make finals'....

And it was also a question posed to the poster to which I was responding, based on their 'rationale'. Therefore it's not 'my logic'.

Is it really that difficult to follow a discussion?

'My Logic' has Collingwood being better than Carlton in 2024, due to:
  • 2 of Carlton's wins courtesy of double-ups against the cannon fodder of the competition that is Richmond and North Melbourne;
  • Maximum 2 games difference between Collingwood and Carlton;
  • Collingwood's 2 - 0 head to head record against Carlton.
I did read that...doesn't make any difference.
You change the goal posts with every post you make - pathetic.
"Follow a discussion"....no! I'll cherry pick the crap out of your garbage...just as you do.

Carry on...you're a joke.

Explain how we played in a prelim and received pick 16 and why didn't Melbourne or Port get 16 if we weren't the 3rd best team in it? The lottery has nothing to do with it just more word mincing by you.
You finished 5th.

You were able to play in a PF because you won the EF (against 8th) and then won a SF.

Port finished 3rd, lost a QF (against 2nd) and then lost a SF.

The draft order is based on the ladder, but the draft order isnt a new ladder.

It really isnt hard to follow.

2023 Carlton finished below Melbourne on the ladder, but many a Carlton fan will think they were better than Melbourne based on HTH results.

But they then refuse to apply that same logic in 2024, reverting back to higher ladder = better.

Didnt play em twice.

You are aware that better teams can have off days.

Trawling to find isolated random game results aint really the gotcha you think it is.
Yep , we had 2 off days against the pies. Quite aware
Pies also played st kilda on their home deck so added advantage . Irrespective of whether they played each other twice or not

Yep , we had 2 off days against the pies. Quite aware
Pies also played st kilda on their home deck so added advantage . Irrespective of whether they played each other twice or not
You guys really are getting desperate.

Desperate for validation:

'But we finished 3rd, not 5th in 2023, despite not being able to reference an AFL ladder to prove it.....'

'But we have been better than Collingwood in 2024, despite losing to them twice and only finishing higher on the ladder courtesy of our double up games against the worst two teams in the competition....'

'Every team is a premiership contender until they can no longer win the premiership.....'

Last edited:
You finished 5th.

You were able to play in a PF because you won the EF (against 8th) and then won a SF.

Port finished 3rd, lost a QF (against 2nd) and then lost a SF.

The draft order is based on the ladder, but the draft order isnt a new ladder.

It really isnt hard to follow.

2023 Carlton finished below Melbourne on the ladder, but many a Carlton fan will think they were better than Melbourne based on HTH results.

But they then refuse to apply that same logic in 2024, reverting back to higher ladder = better.
That's total rubbish, the draft is based on finishing order after finals, if you finish third you get the third lowest pick which we did, were we robbed and should've got 14 instead of 16?

'But we finished 3rd, not 5th in 2023, despite not being able to reference an AFL ladder to prove it.....'

'But we have been better than Collingwood in 2024, despite losing to them twice and only finishing higher on the ladder courtesy of our double up games against the worst two teams in the competition....'
I didn't bring up the H2H scenario. I'm just here to bebunk it . How's the weather in Mexico?

Says someone who has posted 350+ in this thread and a 1,000+ in the other one.

Who said Carlton were better than Melbourne because of H2H? Pretty sure it was because they simply progressed further in finals. I have never heard someone try and claim that making a semi is better than making a prelim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's total rubbish, the draft is based on finishing order after finals, if you finish third you get the third lowest pick which we did, were we robbed and should've got 14 instead of 16?
All factual.

2023 final ladder shows Carlton finished 5th.

That is why they were in an EF, where they played 8th.

They dont then create a new ladder based on finals results.

StKilda losing their EF, doesnt change that they still finished 6th in 2023.

Quite funny how the poor Baggers dont get that the ladder is final at the end of the H&A season.

All factual.

2023 final ladder shows Carlton finished 5th.

That is why they were in an EF, where they played 8th.

They dont then create a new ladder based on finals results.

StKilda losing their EF, doesnt change that they still finished 6th in 2023.

Quite funny how the poor Baggers dont get that the ladder is final at the end of the H&A season.
You do realise that the draft order is based on final standings yeah ?

Why would it? Collingwood aren't winning it in 2024 - so why would I get validation as a Collingwood supporter by posting a picture of the 2024 Premiership Cup?

Then again, Carlton aren't winning it either.
Anyone can bring up trophies from the PAST. (Unless you follow freo gc or gws)

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back