Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1971187

I found something interesting in the photo of what will surely be MOY by Elliott yesterday.

Have a look at our Essendon friends in the crowd, what a bunch of sad sacks they are, not even 1 smile between the lot of them. Best mark we’ve had in the game probably since Walkers one and they look like they are all at a funeral.
Was a ripper. Anyone who doesn't get a kick out of our glorious game should probably not follow football

View attachment 1971187

I found something interesting in the photo of what will surely be MOY by Elliott yesterday.

Have a look at our Essendon friends in the crowd, what a bunch of sad sacks they are, not even 1 smile between the lot of them. Best mark we’ve had in the game probably since Walkers one and they look like they are all at a funeral.
I’m sorry but the only time I’m smiling is if that’s my team or it’s a game not concerning the outcome of my team..

Who smiles when opposition kicks a goal or takes a great mark… not me & definitely not when it’s that guy 🤣

That said I can appreciate the beauty of good play after the fact.. case in point loved Peter Daicos highlights as a player (one of few pies players I like/d) but I wouldn’t enjoy it in that moment as a Carlton supporter

I’m sorry but the only time I’m smiling is if that’s my team or it’s a game not concerning the outcome of my team..

Who smiles when opposition kicks a goal or takes a great mark… not me & definitely not when it’s that guy
I was on my feet clapping when SOS took a huge mark against us in 1988, and Ablett in 1994, gotta enjoy the sport

The misery of Bomber fans in that photo is pretty depressing

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who smiles when opposition kicks a goal or takes a great mark… not me & definitely not when it’s that guy 🤣
Really?

You don’t get a kick out of a speccy? It’s the best part of our game that is still allowed.

I still remember smiling shaking my head when Goddard pulled down the screamer in the 2010 GF.

Try and not take it too serious my friend. It’s just a game at the end of the day . 😉

I was on my feet clapping when SOS took a huge mark against us in 1988, and Ablett in 1994, gotta enjoy the sport

I clapped when McGuane took his 7 bounces - didn't like it but I still clapped . Made our players look stupid that bit of play

Same thing - Went to the Essendon / Bulldogs game where Moorcroft took “that”mark. Got free tickets for the Medallion Club back in the day.
Was just as exhilarated witnessing that as if it was a Carlton player taking the mark. Games were on broadcast delays at the time and I remember ringing my Dad to say that I’ve just witnessed one of the greatest marks I’ve ever seen - Moorcroft had taken a pretty good one earlier and Dad said, yeah I’ve just seen it. Wasn’t bad. I said nah, not that mark just keep watching for another 30 minutes. This mark is mind-blowing.
From my perspective the high mark is the greatest single spectacle within this game.
Absolutely loved Elliott’s mark yesterday. Just magnificent.

View attachment 1971187

What about that bloke walking down the aisle blocking everyones view and not even looking, what a screamer.

View attachment 1971187

Loved Elliott's mark WOW ✅

But not as good as Walker's (1AW was robbed MOTY :mad:)

GMAywr6boAA_QTC

Bv9n0wWIUAIshRr.jpg

fd2db57761f338188a9799e6031423a6

Co1EuEsVYAAsEUC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Elliott's mark WOW ✅

But not as good as Walker's (1AW was robbed MOTY :mad:)

GMAywr6boAA_QTC

Bv9n0wWIUAIshRr.jpg

fd2db57761f338188a9799e6031423a6

Co1EuEsVYAAsEUC

Bar the head injury and kilos of bandages Walker would have got higher.

Improbable gravity defying high marks are a wonderful part of our game.

Every Club has their share. I admit to really enjoying a little bloke standing on the shoulders of a tall hat rack player.

Little Merv Hobbs took an Elliot equivalent over the Dees Trevor Johnson in the 61 PF. There are heaps I was delighted to personally watch inc from the equally unfortunate Blues and Pies.

Bar the head injury and kilos of bandages Walker would have got higher.

Improbable gravity defying high marks are a wonderful part of our game.

Every Club has their share. I admit to really enjoying a little bloke standing on the shoulders of a tall hat rack player.

Little Merv Hobbs took an Elliot equivalent over the Dees Trevor Johnson in the 61 PF. There are heaps I was delighted to personally watch inc from the equally unfortunate Blues and Pies.
I saw Alan Ezard sit on Harry Maddens shoulders out at Waverley one of the best rides I've ever seen and it doesn't even get talked about

Elliott's mark was the best I've seen since Walker's made me clap and go cheer - but Walsh's mark of the year was the most courageous I've seen since Riewoldt's famous air smash and tumble...

When you get spectacular combined with scary brave ..that is another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back