Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last player I can remember Carlton fans having a problem with was Lachie Henderson and that was because he basically gave up midseason and put in pathetic performances because he knew he wanted out.
Yeah and remember his mom on talk back radio lol.

I like the bit where Fudgey says "I hoped for a Port win"

LOL
Something I could never do.
If it was a Carlton-Port GF, I would be at the game in a Carlton scarf, with a Paddy Cripps badge.

Similar to the Tigers-GWS GF, I went with a GWS scarf and a Toby Green badge.

Yes there is a team, I dislike more than Carlton.

I am happy you all changed your ways when I said yesterday that this was a shit thread because of the regular love ins between Carlton and Collingwood supporters.

Our supporters should hate each other. It’s a lot healthier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues story takes another turn. Was hoping Port would win (they're our SA cousins after all) but Carlton had the structure to beat them, and held their nerve.

That De Koning looks weird at times but it's real footy, very attacking. The game opens up when he's in the middle, you can't fake talent. Great antidote to Lyons anti-football.

Sorry for the late reply here, but I watch those SEN YouTube clips for the lulz. The one where Hoyne said "the coaches got it wrong, Daicos was the 21st best player on the ground", with 10/10 coaches votes had me in stitches.

He's loyal to his product, I'll give him that.
He needs to wear a t-shirt saying "score on turnover".

Who do you reckon has been your best scalp during that 8 weeks ? Was it Port at the MCG , Hawks, Eagles , or the scrap against us ?
Does it matter. You're getting excited about a win over an injury riddled port but you guys don't count injuries unless you go back 6 weeks ago when you did. The win against you was extra special though. I thought you classed yourself as a premiership contender

Does it matter. You're getting excited about a win over an injury riddled port but you guys don't count injuries unless you go back 6 weeks ago when you did. The win against you was extra special though. I thought you classed yourself as a premiership contender
Fadge says we aren't contenders, so Pies have meaningless wins against extraordinarily bad opponents. Form doesn't read too great and injuries aren't an excuse particularly when your best players are still on the park.
Is port really injury riddled ? Who are you talking about here

Last edited:
Agreed, they've got tons of injuries including some big names, no excuses View attachment 2006149

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Libba, Naughton, Smith, Richards, JJ and Weightman is a more deleterious injury list than any Carlton has faced this season. Likewise Collingwood's.

I expect the Bulldogs to win under the roof tonight.

It'll be a decent effort, whoever gets up. Much like the Port/Carlton game.

I do enjoy coming here from time to time. Classic stuff.
Fadge is one funny dude.
It’s a real 50/50 on who will finish highest this year, but I’m pretty sure both will be playing on Prelim final weekend.
I’m sure supporters of each team will not agree on here that it’s possible that the other team will be good enough to do this. But they are two very strong teams.
Pies are the best coached, best system, best consistent effort side in the comp.
Blues have the most talented list with a top 10-12 to die for, but seem to turn it up from time to time and I just don’t fully trust them.
Only time will tell.

Fadge says we aren't contenders, so Pies have meaningless wins against extraordinarily bad opponents. Form doesn't read to great and injuries aren't an excuse particularly when your best players are still on the park.
Is port really injury riddled ? Who are you talking about here
No.. Port were missing Rozee and Rioli is pretty dangerous. Blues were missing more best 22 players than Port.

No.. Port were missing Rozee and Rioli is pretty dangerous. Blues were missing more best 22 players than Port.
Port were just poor. An AA midfielder and good small forward being out did not explain the underwhelming performances of the rest of the team.

The Pies absences last week didn't explain them throwing away a 5 goal lead late against a team that was playing terribly. In game injuries can be a killer but they still had the players to close it out.

Teams need to be accountable for dips in performance and concentration. Players need to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back