Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is great. Love Crippa. We’re secure enough to not have to hang shit on him non stop
I've never said a bad word about Nick and this picture shows just how smart he is

464567641_18007403216649829_800735149318444098_n.jpg

Indeed. Seems like a ripping bloke too, and a great leader.

Just a shame he wasted his whole career at Carlton.

Oh well...
Yep. Huge respect for Cripps. Absolute champion. You don't hear Collingwood supporters bagging him out like moronic flogs. It's not that hard to pay credit where it's due (unless you're a Carlton poster in this forum that is)

I've never said a bad word about Nick and this picture shows just how smart he is

View attachment 2153015
Yeah I know mate most of us have a healthy respect built into the loathing. Ironically a midfield with Cripps and Daicos would be just about unstoppable. **** Freeman and Scharenberg. 😂

He is great. Love Crippa. We’re secure enough to not have to hang shit on him non stop
Come on Pistol you can't honestly believe that... Fadge has practically made it his mission in life to remind every person on Bigfooty that Cripps will never see success because he only plays for individual awards... He's hung more shit on him than the whole Nicky thread combined.

Ironically his favourite golden boy had his own teammates deliberately feeding him the ball non stop to try win him the Brownlow in a meaningless game to end the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood were poor in their flag defence.

They offloaded a couple of below average players and brought in Houston, who will improve their back six to no end. Perryman will mean that hopefully they have seen the end of Cox in the seniors. Two good upgrades.
They go all in and forgo a strong draft despite their lack of young talent under 23 (Daicos excluded)

Coach McCrae is all in next year with the likely retirements of Pendles, Sidebottom, Crisp, Elliot, WHE, Howe, Mihochek, Mitchell over the next two seasons. The end will come quickly for some on this list and the club would be hoping they could eke out one more flag before the inevitable reset.

Carlton look like they have all the pieces in play. They lose some depth but add a gun player for the future.
Support for their backline would have been good but this can be addressed through DFA. Their ability to stay on the park (addressed through new fitness and conditioning team) as well as the side playing Michael Voss football will be the key to their success here. They have a three year window to get it done with their talented group. But I do like their approach to not mortgage the future to go all in for the present.

Collingwood come into 2025 a stronger unit than last year, but their success may come from how their older players hold off their inevitable decline.

Will be fascinating to see how the two different strategies play out.
Really good assessment imo.
Wasted in here tho!
Only mud slinging in here. Step away while you can

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on Pistol you can't honestly believe that... Fadge has practically made it his mission in life to remind every person on Bigfooty that Cripps will never see success because he only plays for individual awards... He's hung more shit on him than the whole Nicky thread combined.
Really?

Is this REALLY the case?

What a pathetic comment.

Please do feel free to share where I have posted negatively about Cripps, to the extent it is 0.000005% compared with what you guys have posted about Daicos.

Really?

Is this REALLY the case?

What a pathetic comment.

Please do feel free to share where I have posted negatively about Cripps, to the extent it is 0.000005% compared with what you guys have posted about Daicos.
You're one of the biggest Cripps bashers on the whole website Fadge. Probably why so many Carlton fans have such a low opinion of your posts.

Share them, or be outed as a liar.

Again.
Got no interest in trawling through your post history Fadge. Your incessant denigration of Carlton players has been going on long enough for everyone to know how you operate.

Without even looking I can just picture a post history filled with...

'Another individual award for .... '

'How many finals has he played in again?'

'Captain look at me'

'Free kick Curnow'

It's the same lines on repeat every year. You're the worst excuse for a troll in history

Trying to figure out how the inclusion of Perryman means the end of Cox? Membrey perhaps?
Forgot about Membrey.
Geez they really have gone all in for next year.
Because they don’t have any young tall talent they aren’t really sacrificing the longer term by doing so either.

Ironically his favourite golden boy had his own teammates deliberately feeding him the ball non stop to try win him the Brownlow in a meaningless game to end the season.
Duno mate all I can say is I like him. I can’t control other supporters opinions. You personally attack Nick non stop

Forgot about Membrey.
Because they don’t have any young tall talent they aren’t really sacrificing the longer term by doing so either.
I don't think they're worried about the longer term, they have to replace a lot of players in the next few yeaes and they won't be able to get it done without any collateral.

Forgot about Membrey.
Krueger delisted and McInnes likely to be tried down back or midfield means we literally dont have any developing Key forwards on the list. It's a big hole. Recruiting Membrey is a great move and an important one I think for the short term.

Nobody's perfect. You have to let it settle son! and dont ****ing spill it!
Just shows you how disciplined he is, everyone knows that Guinness is a health drink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back